Best Dog Crates for Chihuahuas
Here are our Chihuahua dog crate reviews.
The Petnation Small Soft Dog Crate is made to be light weight and portable for all of your traveling needs, and your Chihuahua’s comfort. The tightly weaved mesh is perfect for hot or humid days as it allows a pleasant breeze to pass through the crate. The design is made to set up and fold back down in seconds, making it great for storage when not in use.
- Light weight and portable makes traveling with your pooch easier than ever
- Mesh windows allow breathability on hot summer days
- Breaks down and is easy to put up, small for storage needs
The EliteField Soft Dog Crate is made with the sturdiest materials while still being soft to the touch for your Chihuahua’s comfort. The crate comes in five sizes and fourteen colors for your choice of style. With three doors, this crate is perfect for pets who hate loading up into their crate.
- Made with sturdy but comfortable materials for your dog’s comfort
- Five sizes, fourteen colors for a wide variety of style choices
- Three doors allow for multiple exits and entrances for fussy dogs
The AmazonBasics Folding Dog Crate has two doors for those Chihuahua’s who hate getting into their crates, making your life easier in the process. There are mesh windows on all four sides to give the best ventilation. The frame is made from a sturdy PVC pipe while the cover is a soft polyester.
- Two doors makes load up time easier on you and your fussy puppy
- Mesh windows on all sides for maximum breathability
- Sturdy frame combined with comfortable cover for best dog crate possible
The 2PET Foldable Soft Dog Crate is designed for easy travel or home needs, with light weight but sturdy material for your Chihuahua’s comfort. The crate folds down and is easy to pop back up, when folded down it is small and great for storage. The cover is soft and removable, cleaning is made easy by simply throwing it into the washing machine and you’re done.
- Light weight, but sturdy material is used for crate’s outer layer
- Folds down and pops up easily, great for storage
- Soft cover is removable and machine washable for your cleaning ease
The Henkelion Soft Dog Crate is made completely airline approved, making traveling easier for you and your Chihuahua, with a light and easy to travel case. The crate is designed to be water proof and washable for your cleaning convenience. The shoulder strap allows you to carry it around comfortably during your errands.
- Completely approved for air travel, great for constant travelers
- Water proof and sturdy polyester casing is great for durability and comfort
- Shoulder strap makes errands easy, freeing your hands while carrying you friend
Buying Guide For Chihuahua Dog Crates
As you can see from the five products above, there are many different designs and styles of dog crates for you to choose from. When buying your crate always be sure to measure your Chihuahua beforehand, they should have enough room to comfortably stand, sit, and stretch without being cramped. Measuring your pup beforehand is the easiest way to ensure the correct product for them.
When it comes to dog crates I myself prefer soft crates. They are easier to carry, generally, and they are more comfortable for your pup. They also have the bonus of being foldable in most cases, which is always nice for your storage or traveling needs. Soft crates are also nice for plane or car travel, your Chihuahua can relax in their crate while you focus on your journey.
Hard crates, while not my favorite, have their own bonuses. If you have a bigger dog and need a stronger crate these are the way to go. Usually the tougher crates are made of wood or metal for obvious reasons and this also makes them heavier. They aren’t generally made for travel, but some are designed for it.
Light Weight crates are always nice if you like to take your Chihuahua with you on errands or other places. Light weight means you can carry it on your shoulder, if it has the straps, without feeling fatigued. If you’ve ever had to lug a hard crate, you know how nice it is to carry the light weight one.
Collapsible crates are common in soft dog crates and are great for many things. They are easy to store, easy to put up and take down, and usually they’re easy to clean as well. Collapsible crates are an all around nice addition to any dog crate you could have.
A removable cover isn’t completely uncommon amongst dog crates, but it isn’t a feature you see on every dog crate either. Having a removable cover can make your life much easier for cleaning uses. However just because a cover is removable doesn’t mean it is machine washable, always be sure to check that before purchasing for less chance of misunderstandings. Even if it isn’t machine washable, hand washing is better than trying to wash the cover while it is still on the crate.
Machine Washable Cover
This is the ultimate cleaning convenience for busy owners who don’t have time to hand wash their dog’s crate. All you have to do is remove the cover and throw it into the washing machine, boom you’re done. Some covers are also dryer safe, but in some cases they have to be hung to dry. Always be aware of which it is before proceeding as it can damage the crate if you go against the cleaning instructions.
A waterproof dog crate can be great for your Chihuahua, as there is less chance of the water getting into the crate with them. Obviously if you leave a zipper undone then it won’t matter, but if you have it sealed correctly then your pup will stay nice and dry while you’re out on your errands.
- Best Dog Crate
- Best Small Dog Crate
- Best Large Dog Crate
- Best Dog Playpen
- Best Outdoor Dog Kennel
- Best Dog Bed
- Best Dog House
- Best Heavy Duty Dog Crate
- Best Airline Approved Dog Carrier
- Best Portable Dog Crate
- Best Dog Crates for the Car
- Best Soft Dog Crates
- Best Dog Food for Chihuahuas
- Best Dog Brush for Chihuahuas
- Best Dog Bed for Chihuahuas
- Best Dog Collar for Chihuahuas
- Best Dog Toys for Chihuahuas
- Best Dog Harness for Chihuahuas
- Best Dog Muzzle for Chihuahuas
- Dog Shampoo for Chihuahuas
- Best Puppy Food for Chihuahuas