Best Dog Food for Akitas
Here are our Akita dog food reviews.
1. Rachael Ray Nutrish Dry Dog Food
The Rachael Ray Nutrish Dry Dog Food is made with real beef, peas and brown rice for the ultimate vitamin and nutrient combo for your Akita. With natural prebiotics, this dog food helps your pup’s digestion. The food contains no harmful ingredients such as byproduct meals, fillers, wheat, wheat gluten, artificial flavors or preservatives.
- Real beef is first ingredient for the best animal source of protein
- Prebiotics are great for supporting your dog’s immune system
- No extra, harmful additives or ingredients for your dog to react to
2. Taste of the Wild Prairie Dog Food
The Taste of the Wild Prairie Dog Food is made with real roasted bison and venison to give your Akita the best animal sourced protein. The food contains no grain, corn, wheat, filler; no artificial flavors, colors, preservatives added. With nutrient rich ingredients and easily digestible kibbles this food is great for your pup.
- Real bison and venison are used for animal source protein
- Contains no harmful additives or ingredients that could harm your pup
- Nutrient dense and easily digestible for dogs with sensitive stomachs
3. Canidae Pure Dog Food
The Canidae Pure Dog Food is a limited ingredient food made with only the best ingredients for your Akita’s health. It is made completely grain free for dogs with sensitive stomachs or allergies. With six types of flavors and various sizes, this food is made to fit your needs.
- Limited Ingredient dog food is great for your dog’s health
- Completely grain free for dogs with sensitive stomachs or allergies
- Comes in a variety of flavors and sizes to fit whatever you need
4. Instinct Be Natural Dog Food
The Instinct Be Natural Dog Food is made with cage free chicken as the main ingredient for an animal sourced protein, great for your Akita. The food contains no fillers, by products, corn, wheat, soy, artificial flavors or colors. All ingredients are natural and it includes raw ingredients for the best possible nutrient boost.
- Cage free chicken is the main ingredient, great for protein
- No fillers, corn, wheat, soy, by products, artificial flavors or colors
- Natural ingredients added to raw ingredients for great healthy dog food
5. Petcurean Dry Dog Food Large Breed
The Petcurean Dry Dog Food is made for large breeds and is packed with the best possible nutrients, great for your Akita. The proteins and fats are balanced for your dog’s best daily holistic diet. The food is great for immune system boosting with antioxidants added for your dog’s immune health.
- High quality ingredients are used for best dog food
- Protein and fat combine for balanced daily dog diet
- Great for immune systems with increased amount of antioxidants
Akita Dog Food Buying Guide
As you can see above there is a wide variety of dog foods for you to choose from and they each have their own benefits to them. I will now go over some of the terms used above and why they are positive to have in your dog’s food.
Antioxidants are used in food to help digestion by reducing the oxidation of the food before it is consumed. If your pup has a sensitive stomach or is having stool troubles having a food with boosted Antioxidants can help it.
Holistic dog food means that the ingredients, vitamins and nutrients are all balanced to meet the needs of your dog’s diet. This may not seem like an important feature but think about what happens when any organism human or animal is low on a vital nutrient. Sometimes it drops our energy to bare minimum levels, other times it will affect our stomachs and some times it even affects our hearts. This goes the same for dogs, they need a balanced diet with all the necessities for them to function as they should.
Limited Ingredient dog food is generally made with six ingredients or less, but some go up to ten. The nice thing about limited ingredient is that with less ingredients you can easily tell what is and isn’t in the food. If your dog is allergic or sensitive to certain foods it is easy to read through the list and see if the food will work for them.
Hypoallergenic is another great food for dogs with allergies as every ingredient is picked for their low risk of causing allergic reactions. If your dog is allergic to any types of food this is a great dog food for you.
When a dog food is all natural it is less likely to contain harmful additives or ingredients. You don’t have to worry about synthetic or fake ingredients with these foods, lowering the risk of negative reactions in your pup.
No Corn, Wheat, Soy, or Grain
While the above ingredients aren’t bad on their own, there are some dogs that are allergic to them. As a more general sense, they are harder on most dogs stomachs and therefore any dog that has a sensitive stomach should stay away from these ingredients.
You may have read about a dog food having fillers or meals when listing off their ingredients and wondered to yourself what those were. Fillers are substitutes to fill the place of real proteins in the dog food bag when the actual ingredients are more expensive and the company wants to save money by using cheaper versions. Meanwhile, meals are the animal fat or leftover meat that then gets put into the food. If a food says it is chicken flavored only for you to find chicken meal and no other chicken product in its ingredients list then the food does not include actual chicken as the main ingredient. There is barely enough chicken in it to give it the flavor it advertises.
- Best Dog Food
- Best Dry Dog Food
- Best Wet Dog Food
- Best Senior Dog Food
- Best Dog Food for Sensitive Stomachs
- Best Dog Food for Allergies
- Best Akita Accessories, Essentials, and Toys
- Best Puppy Food for Akitas
- Best Dog Crate for Akitas
- Best Dog Bed for Akitas
- Best Dog Brush for Akitas
- Best Dog Toys for Akitas
- Best Dog Collar for Akitas
- Best Dog Harness for Akitas
- Best Dog Muzzle for Akitas
- Best Dog Shampoo for Akitas
- Best Training Book for Akitas