Do you have an Alaskan Malamute and wonder what type and brand of dog food is best for their daily diet? There are thousands of dog foods out there and it can be overwhelming to pick one from the bunch. When purchasing a dog food for your pup it is vital to know what their diet needs and what they shouldn’t be eating, in this case Malamutes commonly have digestive and stool problems.
What that means is that you need fiber, protein, digestion support and immune system boosters to give your dog the best possible food. After thorough research I have picked out the top five recommended dog foods for Alaskan Malamutes. Under each item with be a short item description and a summary of the three main advantages the food has.
Best Dog Food for Alaskan Malamutes
Here are our Alaskan Malamute dog food reviews.
The Taste of the Wild Dog food is packed with animal sourced protein from bison and venison with sweet potatoes offering great fiber, making this food ideal for your Alaskan Malamute. Superfoods and vitamins are combined for best coat and skin health. With no grain, corn, wheat, filler or artificial flavors this food is all around healthy.
- Animal sourced protein from the bison and venison
- The superfoods, vitamins and proteins are combined for your dog’s health
- No corn, wheat, grain, filler, or artificial flavors
The Wellness Core High Protein Dog Food is made with only the best ingredients to support your Alaskan Malamute’s health. The recipe is completely grain free for dogs with sensitive stomachs or allergies. All ingredients used are natural and of the best quality for your dog’s health.
- High quality ingredients picked for your dog’s health
- Grain free is great for sensitive stomachs or allergies
- All natural dog food, no more worries about nasty processing additives
The Nutro Core Dry Dog Food is made with brown rice, real lamb, and various other veggies and fruits for your Alaskan Malamutes health. The food has added vitamins, minerals, and nutrients to boost your dog’s systems. With balanced amounts of antioxidants, this food is great for your dog’s immune system.
- Real and healthy ingredients makes for a great daily diet for your pup
- Additional vitamins, nutrients and minerals for boosted health
- Antioxidants are perfectly balanced to best support digestion and immune systems
The Gentle Giants Canine Nutrition is packed with healthy ingredients, vitamins, and nutrients for your Alaskan Malamutes health. It is completely grain free for dogs with sensitive stomachs or allergies. It contains brown rice and chicken meal for a well rounded diet of protein and fiber for your pup.
- Recipe is designed for healthy but tasty food for your pup
- Grain free for dogs with sensitive stomachs or allergies
- Contains brown rice, chicken and various other ingredients for balanced diet
The New! Fresh Dry Dog Food is designed for your pooch who has a few too many pounds and needs to get rid of them. The food is packed with protein, fat and fiber for a well rounded diet for your Alaskan Malamute. All ingredients used are natural and picked for their health benefits.
- Weight management recipe is made to give the correct amount of calories
- Protein, fat and fiber combine to give all the necessary components of food
- All natural dog food is great for dogs with sensitive stomachs
Alaskan Malamute Dog Food Buying Guide
As you can see from the above, there are many different types of food for you to choose from and as I said before it can be overwhelming trying to pick one. Thorough research is needed to get the one that fits your pet’s needs perfectly. If your pup has allergies or a sensitive stomach than it narrows it down a bit, but how do you know if the dog food that is advertised as good for sensitive stomachs actually does its job? What ingredients help immune, digestive and muscle support? Below I will go over the different ingredients to look for in your dog’s food and what each of them are known to help with.
Immune System Support
If your pup needs extra immune support the following vegetables are what you should keep an eye out for in their food: Blueberries, Spinach, Watermelon, Kale, Beets, and Squash. They may sound like things your dog wouldn’t want in their stomach, but they boost immune support.
There are a lot of dog foods out there that are made specifically to help with this, but the ingredients you should look for are the following: Blueberries, Brussel Sprouts, Cantaloupe, Pumpkin and Watermelon. All of these are great boosts for your dog’s digestive tract. Another thing to look for, although it isn’t a vegetable, is prebiotics. Prebiotics support the healthy bacteria in the dog’s stomach that help them break down their food.
For dogs who have problems with their stools and bowels, you need a high fiber food and the next ingredients listed will best help you find the perfect food for your pup. Apples, Bananas, Blueberries, Brussel Sprouts, Cantaloupe, Brown Rice and Beans are all excellent fiber filled additions to your dog’s diet.
Protein is great for building muscle strength and boosting your dog’s energy levels. However, you can’t find protein from vegetables and fruits. A dog’s diet requires a mass amount of meat, because that is where they receive their protein. Both beef and chicken are high in protein, however fish blows them both out of the water. Which is why dog foods with fish flavoring are so popular, they’re healthy.
- Best Dog Food
- Best Dry Dog Food
- Best Wet Dog Food
- Best Senior Dog Food
- Best Dog Food for Sensitive Stomachs
- Best Dog Food for Allergies
- Best Alaskan Malamute Accessories, Essentials, and Toys
- Best Puppy Food for Alaskan Malamutes
- Best Dog Crate for Alaskan Malamutes
- Best Dog Bed for Alaskan Malamutes
- Best Dog Brush for Alaskan Malamutes
- Best Dog Toys for Alaskan Malamutes
- Best Dog Collar for Alaskan Malamutes
- Best Dog Harness for Alaskan Malamutes
- Best Dog Muzzle for Alaskan Malamutes
- Best Dog Shampoo for Alaskan Malamutes
- Best Training Book for Alaskan Malamutes