The American Hairless Terrier has been known to lack amino acids in their regular diets, a combination of their unique breed and the dog food industry exchanging the natural meats in their foods with plant based protein. When purchasing a dog food for an American Hairless Terrier, it is vital that the dog food contains a mass amount of high quality, animal sourced meat for their protein levels.
Below are the top five dog food recommendations for your furry friend, with product descriptions under every item. At the end of the article there will be a buying guide for you to peruse through should you need extra information.
Best Dog Food for American Hairless Terriers
Here are our American Hairless Terrier dog food reviews.
1. Stella & Chewy’s Freeze Dried Patties
The Stella & Chewy’s Freeze Dried Patties are made nutrient rich and packed with high protein for your American Hairless Terrier. All ingredients are high quality, no generic ones from China to gunk up your pup’s stomach. The dog food is made from certified organic vegetables and grass fed protein.
- Nutrient rich and packed with protein, great for your dog’s health
- High quality ingredients for the best possible dog food
- Certified organic vegetables used, grass fed proteins
2. Orijen Dry Dog Food
The Orijen Dry Dog Food is made with quality meat, meaning high quality protein for your American Hairless Terrier. Eighty five percent of food is quality animal ingredients to give your pup the best possible vitamins and nutrients. All ingredients are natural, arriving at the kitchen still fresh or raw for the best quality of dog food.
- Quality meat is used for a high protein dog food
- Eighty five percent of food is meat, great for muscle strength
- All natural ingredients for a healthy and safe dog food
3. Diamond Naturals Dry Dog Food
The Diamond Naturals Dry Dog Food is made with a high amount of real, high quality meat to support your American Hairless Terrier’s health. Alongside the protein are additional vitamins and nutrients, giving it a well balanced diet. It is made with no corn, wheat, filler, or artificial flavors for better and healthier dog food.
- Real meat gives high amounts of quality protein in food
- Additional vitamins and nutrients alongside the protein
- No corn, wheat, filler, artificial flavors or other harmful ingredients
4. Eagle Pack Natural Pet Food
The Eagle Pack Natural Pet Food is made out of the best ingredients and is completely balanced for a healthy meal for your American Hairless Terrier. The food contains no wheat, corn, by products, or artificial flavors for your dog’s health. All ingredients are natural for a healthy and safe dog food.
- Completed balanced dog food for your dog’s nutritional needs
- Contains no corn, wheat, by products, or artificial flavors
- All natural dog food for less risk of setting off an allergic reaction
5. Nutrisource Dry Dog Food
The Nutrisource Dry Dog Food is full of all the necessary vitamins and nutrients that your dog needs for a daily diet, great for your American Hairless Terrier. With both probiotics and prebiotics, this food is great for your dog’s digestion or light stomach. With real chicken as the main ingredients, this food is packed with animal source protein.
- Dog food has all vitamins and nutrients your dog’s diet needs
- Prebiotics and probiotics work together to give an easy digestible food for your pup
- Real chicken gives a great animal sourced protein for your dog
American Hairless Terrier Dog Food Buying Guide
As you can see from the above five products, there are many different versions of dog food available for you to choose from with varying features that make them healthy for your pup. There are thousands of foods out there so if the above don’t work for you, there are more options. Just remember whichever food you choose needs to be high in animal source protein. Beef, lamb, chicken, pork and even fish are all high in protein so any dog food that has those ingredients, that are real, will do the trick. Always check the ingredient list thoroughly and also look to see how much of the dog food is meat. Some brands will say they are made from real meat only to use maybe five percent of the food for it. Below I will go over some of the terms you should look for, or terms that you may want in your American Hairless Terrier’s food.
Hypoallergenic is a term used for anything that lowers the risk of having an allergic reaction. What the term means is different for each area of the product you are buying it for. For example, in dog beds hypoallergenic means the fabric repels dust mites and other irritants. In dog food it means the ingredients are picked specifically for their lower risk of causing an allergic reaction.
Limited ingredient dog food is exactly what it sounds like. Usually, these dog foods have six or less ingredients total which is nice for pet parents whose furry friends have allergies as you can just look through the ingredients and know if that food is a good match for your pup.
While an all natural dog food doesn’t completely negate the risks of allergic reaction it can lower it. Many dog foods are heavily processed or coated in chemicals, which isn’t healthy for anyone none the less your dog. All-natural removes that portion of the risk, leaving the actual ingredients, which your vet can give you a detailed list of what to avoid for your particular dog.
- Best Dog Food
- Best Dry Dog Food
- Best Wet Dog Food
- Best Senior Dog Food
- Best Dog Food for Sensitive Stomachs
- Best Dog Food for Allergies
- Best American Hairless Terrier Essentials, Accessories, and Toys
- Best Puppy Food for American Hairless Terriers
- Best Dog Crate for American Hairless Terriers
- Best Dog Bed for American Hairless Terriers
- Best Dog Brush for American Hairless Terriers
- Best Dog Toys for American Hairless Terriers
- Best Dog Collar for American Hairless Terriers
- Best Dog Harness for American Hairless Terriers
- Best Dog Muzzle for American Hairless Terriers
- Best Dog Shampoo for American Hairless Terriers
- Best Training Book for American Hairless Terriers