Aussie Poms are bred mixing the DNA of Australian Shepherd and Pomeranian to serve as excellent family companions. These trainable dogs are quite loyal, and in their average life span of 12 to 15 years, they hate staying alone at home the most. These straight coated Aussie Poms are mushrooming in several countries of Europe, and they are also gaining ground in America.
Depending on the DNA contribution, the physical appearance of Aussie Poms can vary a lot. In most cases, these dogs look like a mini version of Australian Shepherd, although their facial expressions remind us of little Pomeranian. The dog parents have reported that these dogs require food more often to satisfy their large appetite, and that is why it is urgent for dog owners to have dog food packets at home.
Best Dog Foods for Aussie Poms
Here are our dog foods for Aussie Poms reviews.
1. Blue Buffalo Wilderness Chicken Recipe Grain-Free Dry Dog Food
This Blue Buffalo Wilderness Chicken Recipe Grain-Free Dry Dog Food is crafted with real chicken, and it provides your Aussie Pom wolf-like spirit throughout the day. Commercial food combines menhaden fish, which is a great source of fatty acids. To make the skin glowing and shiny, the food also combines a decent amount of chicken fat stored with mixed tocopherol.
- It includes vitamin B, vitamin C, vitamin D mostly.
- Rosemary oil acts as a natural preservative of the food.
- You will get to see four size options for this bag from 4.5 lb to 24 lb.
2. Purina Pro Plan Adult Sensitive Skin & Stomach Salmon & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food
This high protein diet of Purina Pro Plan Adult Sensitive Skin & Stomach Salmon & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food is one of the most delicious dishes available in the market. The food is enriched with multiple nutrients, but salmon and oatmeal are the commercial food’s prime ingredients. The abundance of prebiotic fiber turns the food into an immunity shield and protects your Aussie Pom against all germs.
- Rice and oatmeal make the food highly digestible.
- Both omega fatty acids are instrumental in a healthy coat.
- This high protein diet does not combine any allergen like corn, wheat, soy, etc.
3. American Journey Salmon & Sweet Potato Recipe Grain-Free Dry Dog Food
American Journey Salmon & Sweet Potato Recipe Grain-Free Dry Dog Food is a nutritious diet that fuels the little stomach of your Aussie Pom with enormous energy and stamina. A combination of deboned salmon, chicken meal, turkey meal, menhaden fish meal, etc. makes the dry food savory and good for muscles. This grain-free diet works miraculously in the cognitive development of 1year and two years old dogs.
- Sweet potatoes and chickpeas make the food fiber-rich.
- The DHA contributing food ingredients are there in the commercial food packet.
- Despite being high protein, the food keeps the gut clean and functioning.
4. Hill’s Science Diet Adult Sensitive Stomach & Skin Chicken Recipe Dry Dog Food
This Hill’s Science Diet Adult Sensitive Stomach & Skin Chicken Recipe Dry Dog Food nourishes your Aussie Pom pretty well and supplies it all the necessary nutrients it demands. This adult dog food is mostly chicken-based, but it also includes barley, egg product, carrots, etc. The food packet contains around 382 Kcal for every standard-sized cup.
- The food makes the stool completely odor-free.
- The dry food promotes a lustrous coat.
- The food is full of multiple nutrients like zinc, iron, copper, sodium, calcium, and so on.
5. Diamond Naturals Chicken & Rice Formula All Life Stages Dry Dog Food
This Diamond Naturals Chicken & Rice Formula All Life Stages Dry Dog Food can be an excellent choice for novice Aussie Pom parents. The important fruits and vegetables included in the food are kale, blueberries, coconut, and so on. This balanced diet is specially designed for adult dogs no matter which stage of life they are in.
- The food doesn’t combine any artificial preservatives or colors.
- This USA made food is perfect for digestive health and promotes the growth of some beneficial bacteria.
- Commercial dry food provides powerful antioxidant support.
Dog Foods For Aussie Poms Buyer’s Guide
The manageable coat, small size, and amicable nature help the Aussie Pom melt the onlookers’ hearts in no time. Believe it or not, these dogs are known as one of the social breeds, and long term isolation from their immediate dog parents makes them vulnerable. These soft coated Aussie Poms are cute, adorable, and they are smart enough to realize when the owner seeks their service at home. Like other artificially bred dogs, these Aussie Poms have also suffered through genetic disruptions, but they still stand as a proud dog of the mixed breed canine club. To keep your Aussie Pom healthy and active in the long run, it is important that you feed them a good quality dog food. Here in this article, we have tried to shed light on dog food buying guidelines, also along with the quality food samples.
Before setting your mind on dog food, check the list of ingredients it includes. Most dog foods comprise chicken, turkey, duck, lamb, pork, chickpeas, sweet potatoes, oatmeal, and many others. Nowadays, people are also adding dried egg products, real fruits, garden vegetables, and many others to the food to make it more delicious for your Aussie Pom.
The misconception about preservation makes the people worried about the food packet size. People think if anyone spends bucks on small packs, he or she can feed Aussie Pom the quality food. Whereas, for the larger pack, quality degradation remains as the main concern.
So, we suggest our readers to focus on natural preservatives and chemical preservatives included in the food. This can keep the food standard intact for multiple days.
It is seen among most dogs that they are allergic to several ingredients like whole-grain wheat, corn, soy products, meat by-product, and so on. These keep vomiting, diarrhea, appetite loss, etc. at bay. Keeping their health status in mind, the manufacturers have brought to the market grain-free dry foods. Therefore, you can consider them for your Aussie Pom if he is susceptible to encountering allergies. You can enquire about this from the breeder or veterinarian of your Aussie Pom as well.
So, finally, we would like to say that you should focus on the aforementioned points, and we are pretty sure that you will end up finding the most suitable adult dog food for your Aussie Pom.
- Best Dog Food
- Best Dry Dog Food
- Best Wet Dog Food
- Best Senior Dog Food
- Best Dog Food for Sensitive Stomachs
- Best Dog Food for Allergies
- Best Puppy Food for Aussie Poms
- Best Dog Crate for Aussie Poms
- Best Dog Bed for Aussie Poms
- Best Dog Brush for Aussie Poms
- Best Dog Toys for Aussie Poms
- Best Dog Collar for Aussie Poms
- Best Dog Harness for Aussie Poms
- Best Dog Muzzle for Aussie Poms
- Best Dog Shampoo for Aussie Poms
- Best Training Book for Aussie Poms