If you have an Australian Cattle Dog you may wonder what kind of food will give them the best possible daily diet. After thorough research, I have listed the top five recommended dog foods for Australian Cattle Dog Food with a short product description underneath each one. At the end of the article there is a buying guide for you to peruse should you want extra information.
Best Dog Food for Australian Cattle Dogs
Here are our Australian Cattle dog food reviews.
The Natural Balance Dry Dog Food is packed with animal sourced protein for your Australian Cattle Dog dog to enjoy. It is made with no filler or grain to give your dog the safest and healthiest dog food possible. The natural fibers boost your dog’s digestion while helping them with their stool.
- Salmon as the main ingredient, great for animal source protein
- No filler or grain, safer than most name brands
- Natural fibers are great for your dog’s digestion
The Merrick Dry Dog Food is made with real beef and sweet potato for your Australian Cattle Dog’s health. The protein in this food helps your dog’s energy levels while also supporting their hips and joints. Additional vitamins and minerals are added to give your dog the best and well rounded dog food.
- Real beef is great for protein while sweet potato boosts your pups digestion
- Protein boosts your dog’s energy and supports their hips and joints
- Vitamins and minerals are added for the best possible food
Taste of the Wild Prairie Dry Dog Food is made with real roasted venison and bison for an excellent source of protein for your Australian Cattle Dog. It is made with no wheat, corn, fillers, grain, artificial flavors or preservatives for your dog’s health and safety. The superfoods used in the recipe boost the antioxidants and helps digestion.
- Real venison and bison for animal sourced protein
- No potentially harmful ingredients for sensitive stomachs
- Made with powerful superfoods for your dog’s health
The Instinct Raw Boost Dry Dog Food is made completely grain free for your Australian Cattle Dog with a sensitive stomach. The recipe is made with raw ingredients to give your dog the best quality of food possible. Every bowlful is made without grain, potato, corn, wheat, soy, byproduct meal, artificial colors or preservatives.
- Completely grain free for dogs with sensitive stomachs or allergies
- Raw ingredients are used for their nutritional boosting ability
- Made without potentially harmful ingredients to sensitive stomachs
The Farmina Natural Dry Dog Food is made with real chicken for a high source of animal protein for your Australian Cattle Dog. With pomegranate and pumpkin, this dog food is excellent for digestion and boosting antioxidants. This food also supports the cardiovascular system, which is great for aging dogs.
- Real chicken gives the food a great source of animal protein
- Fruits and vegetables are specifically chosen for their health benefits
- Supports the cardiovascular system in all dogs, great for seniors
Australian Cattle Dog Food Buying Guide
Now that you have seen some of the options available to you and have an idea of how many different versions there are to choose from, I will go over some of the features you have to choose from. Some may work for you while others seem less important, it is entirely up to you what combination you choose and what Australian Cattle dog food you purchase.
A Holistic dog food means that it is balanced, all the vitamins and nutrients are at the levels they need to be for your Australian Cattle dog’s daily diet. This may not sound important, but consider what happens to a human who has not enough of one vital vitamin. There is a range of effects it can have on our bodies, and our Australian Cattle dogs are not different in that regard. When purchasing a dog food for your friend a Holistic dog food is definitely a bonus.
Limited ingredient Australian Cattle dog food is exactly what it sounds like. Usually limited ingredient Australian Cattle dog foods have less than six ingredients, but there are some that have up to ten as well. These foods are especially nice if your Australian Cattle dog has allergies as all you have to do is check the ingredient list to see if that food will work for your pup.
Hypoallergenic dog food is great if you own a Australian Cattle dog who is allergic to one or more things. The thing that makes a hypoallergenic food so nice is that every ingredient is chosen for the lower risk of setting off allergic reactions in your pup. Hypoallergenic is a term you will hear a lot of in the pet industry and the meaning changes from product type to product type. In dog beds it means they are made of fabric that repels irritants such as dust mites. In Australian Cattle dog food it means the food is less likely to cause allergic reactions in your pup.
Wheat, Soy, and Corn Free
This is becoming more and more common to see on Australian Cattle dog foods and it has confused many pet parents. If wheat, soy and corn are good for us and sometimes even encouraged in your dog’s diet by their vet, why are there so many foods with this? Because just like how some humans can’t drink milk despite it being healthy to most people, some Australian Cattle dogs are allergic to the above ingredients and need a food that caters to that.
- Best Dog Food
- Best Dry Dog Food
- Best Wet Dog Food
- Best Senior Dog Food
- Best Dog Food for Sensitive Stomachs
- Best Dog Food for Allergies
- Best Australian Cattle Dog Essentials, Accessories, and Toys
- Best Dog Crate for Australian Cattle Dogs
- Best Dog Bed for Australian Cattle Dogs
- Best Dog Brush for Australian Cattle Dogs
- Best Dog Toys for Australian Cattle Dogs
- Best Dog Collar for Australian Cattle Dogs
- Best Dog Harness for Australian Cattle Dogs
- Best Dog Muzzle for Australian Cattle Dogs
- Best Dog Shampoo for Australian Cattle Dogs