Best Dog Food for Australian Shepherds
Here are our Australian Shepherd dog food reviews.
The Canidae Dry Dog Food contains real chicken, turkey, lamb and fish for the highest quality of animal sourced protein for your Australian Shepherd. The food is made with no wheat, corn, or soy for dogs with allergies or sensitive stomachs. With added probiotics and antioxidants, this food is a well balanced and healthy diet for your pup.
- Multiple sources of real meat for boosted protein in food
- No wheat, corn or soy are used in making the food
- Added probiotics and antioxidants help digestion and other systems
The Hill’s Science Diet Dog Food has chicken as the main ingredient for a good, animal source of protein for your Australian Shepherd. With prebiotic fibers, this food helps your dog’s digestion while boosting the helpful bacteria in their stomachs. All ingredients used in the food are natural for the safest dog food possible.
- Chicken gives the food a good protein base to start from
- Food is made for sensitive stomachs and to help digestions
- All natural dog food is great for dogs with allergies
The Wellness Core Natural Dry Dog Food is made completely grain free for your Australian Shepherd with a sensitive stomach. With turkey and chicken as main ingredients, this food is high in animal sourced protein. All ingredients are of the highest quality and natural for a safe and tasty dog food.
- Completely grain free for sensitive stomachs or allergies
- Turkey and chicken boost protein in dog’s diet
- All natural and quality ingredients are used for your dog’s safety
The Blue Buffalo Protection Formula Dry Dog Food has chicken and brown rice as the main ingredients for your Australian Shepherd’s nutrient needs. Additional antioxidants, vitamins and minerals are added for your dog’s all around health benefits. All ingredients are natural and high quality for the best dog food for your pooch.
- Chicken and brown rice give amazing protein boosts
- Antioxidants, vitamins and minerals support various health systems
- All natural ingredients are high quality for best dog food
The Earthborn Holistic Dry Dog Food is made with real bison as the main ingredient for your Australian Shepherd’s protein needs. With additional lamb and egg ingredients, this food supports energy levels and metabolism for your pup. The food is completely grain free for dogs with allergies or sensitive stomachs.
- Real bison acts as main ingredient, boosting animal source protein
- Lamb and egg are added for further support of health
- Great for allergies or sensitive stomachs with grain free recipe
Australian Shepherd Dog Food Buying Guide
As you can see from the above, there are many different dog food types for your Australian Shepherd. Before I go on to explain some of the terms you will see when researching Australian Shepherd dog foods, I will remind you to always look at the ingredients list of your Australian Shepherd dog’s food. If they are allergic to anything then this becomes even more important than before. Some brands will sneak in the less savory ingredients into the fine print in the hopes that you do not see them. Be vigilant for your furry friend’s sake.
This is a very common term in Australian Shepherd dog products, not just dog food but also beds and clothes. Hypoallergenic means that the product is designed for dogs with allergy problems. In a dog bed, hypoallergenic could mean that it is made from fabric that repels dust mites and other irritants. In dog food it means that ll ingredients are chosen for their low risk of setting off allergic reactions in your Australian Shepherd dog.
This is exactly what it sounds like, limited ingredient Australian Shepherd dog foods are generally made with six or less ingredients but some have been known to go up to ten. The nice thing about limited ingredient dog food is that if your dog has allergies or food sensitivities it is easy for you to check the ingredient list and see if the food will work for them or not.
Many people will see the term holistic but few know what it means. Holistic Australian Shepherd dog food means that the recipe is balanced in its vitamins and nutrients. This may not seem important but think about this. What happens when a human has one vital mineral that they are low on? The body has a wide variety of different effects that it can cause with some being more severe than others. This is the case with your dog’s health too. They have a certain amount of necessary daily nutrients they have to have, and the holistic dog food is nice for that purpose.
When you see this term it may spark confusion in you, after all grain is a vital part of our diet so why is there a grain free option for your Australian Shepherd dog’s diet? Well the answer is simple, Australian Shepherd dogs can have allergies just like humans can and unfortunately, grain is a common allergy. Even if your Australian Shepherd dog isn’t allergic, sometimes it has a sensitive stomach and grain is known to be heavier.
- Best Dog Food
- Best Dry Dog Food
- Best Wet Dog Food
- Best Senior Dog Food
- Best Dog Food for Sensitive Stomachs
- Best Dog Food for Allergies
- Best Australian Shepherd Essentials, Accessories, and Toys
- Best Dog Crate for Australian Shepherds
- Best Dog Bed for Australian Shepherds
- Best Dog Brush for Australian Shepherds
- Best Dog Toys for Australian Shepherds
- Best Dog Collar for Australian Shepherds
- Best Dog Harness for Australian Shepherds
- Best Dog Muzzle for Australian Shepherds
- Best Dog Shampoo for Australian Shepherds
- Best Puppy Food for Australian Shepherds