Are you the owner of an Australian Terrier and wonder what is the best dog food you can buy them that will give them all the daily nutrients that they need? Well you are not alone, the dog food industry has made food for nearly every dog breed imaginable and all of their unique dietary needs. Some dogs require more protein in their diet thanks to high metabolisms burning their energy at a quicker rate and the Australian Terrier is one of these breeds.
You can find a good quality protein from any real animal source in dog food, meaning the more meat in your dog’s diet the better it is for them. Below are the top five recommended dog foods for Australian Terriers, with a short item description under each one. After those there will be a buying guide for you to glance through, should you choose to do so.
Best Dog Food for Australian Terriers
Here are our Australian Terrier dog food reviews.
The Blue Buffalo Protection Formula is made with chicken and brown rice to give your Australian Terrier the best animal sourced protein possible. All ingredients in the recipe are natural and quality for the safest food for your furry friend. Carbohydrates and fatty acids combine to give your pup a healthy body and coat.
- Chicken and Brown Rice give excellent animal source and plant source protein
- All natural ingredients make the food safe and healthy
- Carbohydrates and fatty acids make coat shiny and muscles healthy
The Honest Kitchen Dry Dog Food is completely grain free for your Australian Terrier with allergies or a sensitive stomach. The recipe is packed with protein, the turkey gives the food an animal sourced and high quality protein. The food is human grade and tested to be sure it is of the highest caliber of dog food.
- Completely grain free for dogs with allergies or sensitive stomachs
- Heavy on protein, turkey offers animal sourced protein to your pup
- Human grade dog food, tested and approved
The Orijen Dry Dog Food is made with multiple sources of quality meat to ensure your Australian Terrier gets the protein it needs. With absolutely no grain, this dog food is great for sensitive stomachs or dogs with allergies. All ingredients are delivered to the kitchen fresh or raw for a healthy and safe dog food.
- Multiple sources of high quality meat, great for protein
- No grain, perfect for dogs with allergies or sensitive stomachs
- All ingredients are fresh or raw for no processed bad ingredients
The Primal Pet Foods Freeze Dried Dog Food is made with chicken as the main ingredient to ensure that your Australian Terrier gets the protein they need. The food is grain, gluten, corn, wheat and soy free for dogs with allergies or sensitive stomachs. The chickens are raised without antibiotics for a safe and healthy food source.
- Chicken gives the food a healthy animal sourced protein
- Grain, gluten, corn, wheat, and soy free dog food for allergies
- Chicken are raised without antibiotics for a healthy food source
The Zignature Trout and Salmon Dry Dog Food is made to give your Australian Terrier the best possible animal sourced protein that they need. The recipe is made completely grain free for sensitive stomachs or dogs with allergies. With additional antioxidants and vitamins, this food is a well balanced daily dog food for your pup.
- Trout and Salmon give excellent animal sourced protein
- Completely grain free for allergies or sensitive stomachs
- Antioxidants and vitamins are added for an extra boost to your dog’s health
Australian Terrier Dog Food Buying Guide
As you can see from the above, there are many different types of Australian Terrier dog foods that all have their own features. Each feature has its purpose in your Australian Terrier dog’s diet and some are more important than others. Before I continue on to explain the different terms used above and why you would want to buy them, I will remind you of the single most important thing when buying a dog food for your Australian Terrier. Always check the ingredients list. Just because the bag says it is one thing, does not mean that the brand didn’t go against that claim. The ingredients list will reveal whether or not they are telling the truth. If your Australian Terrier dog has allergies then it is even more important for you to check it, to avoid unfortunate accidents.
There are very few Australian Terrier dog foods out there that are classified as human grade thanks to the rigorous standards that they have to meet. Human Grade is exactly what it sounds like, the Australian Terrier dog food is nutritious and healthy to the point a human could eat it with no adverse side effects.
Hypoallergenic is a term that you see often in various Australian Terrier pet products. It means that the product the title is attached to is designed for Australian Terrier dogs with allergies to make their lives easier. In the case of Australian Terrier dog beds, it means they are made from fabric that repels dust mites and other irritants. For dog food, it means that all the ingredients are chosen for their lower chance of setting off an allergic reaction in your Australian Terrier.
Limited Ingredient Australian Terrier dog food is exactly what it sounds like. Usually limited ingredient means it has six or less ingredients total, however I have seen it up to ten before. The nice thing about Limited Ingredient is that you can check if anything in the food will disagree with your Australian Terrier. This is even more nice when you have a Australian Terrier dog with allergies or food sensitivities.
This is a term many people see but few know what it means. Holistic Australian Terrier dog food means that all the vitamins and nutrients are balanced for your dog’s diet. This may not seem important but consider what happens to the human body when we are down one vital nutrient. A wide variety of effects can happen, some more severe than others. It is the same for your Australian Terrier, they have a certain amount of nutrients they have to meet to stay healthy.
- Best Dog Food
- Best Dry Dog Food
- Best Wet Dog Food
- Best Senior Dog Food
- Best Dog Food for Sensitive Stomachs
- Best Dog Food for Allergies
- Best Australian Terrier Essentials, Accessories, and Toys
- Best Puppy Food for Australian Terriers
- Best Dog Crate for Australian Terriers
- Best Dog Bed for Australian Terriers
- Best Dog Brush for Australian Terriers
- Best Dog Toys for Australian Terriers
- Best Dog Collar for Australian Terriers
- Best Dog Harness for Australian Terriers
- Best Dog Muzzle for Australian Terriers
- Best Dog Shampoo for Australian Terriers
- Best Training Book for Australian Terriers