Below are the top five recommended dog foods for Border Collies with a short item description beside each one to explain why that product made the list. At the end of the article is a buying guide with extra information about the various dog foods on the market and the different features that your Border Collie would love.
Best Dog Foods for Border Collies
Here are our Border Collie dog food reviews.
The Purina Pro Plan Adult Dry Dog Food is made for Border Collies with sensitive skin and stomachs, all the ingredients are easy on your pup’s stomach. The real salmon gives the food a nutrient rich animal source of protein for your Border Collie. With no corn, wheat or soy this food is healthy and safe for your pup.
- Made for sensitive stomachs, gentle on the digestive tract
- Real animal meat gives food high quality protein
- No corn, wheat, soy or other potentially harmful ingredients
The Canidae All Life Stages Dry Dog Food is made entirely with whole grains to give your Border Collie the best possible food. With no corn, wheat or soy this food is great for Border Collies with stomach sensitivities. The chicken, turkey, lamb and fish offer high amounts of protein for your dog.
- Whole grains are used for a healthier dog food
- No corn, wheat or soy make for a healthy choice
- Four different sources of protein for a high in nutrients food
The Taste of the Wild Dry Dog Food is made with real, animal sourced protein to give your Border Collie the best quality of food. With no corn, wheat or filler this dog food is perfect for your dog with a sensitive stomach. Each kibble is made with highly digestible foods, making it great for elderly Border Collies with bowel problems.
- High quality protein from real animal sourced meat
- No potentially harmful additives such as fillers or artificial flavoring
- High digestible for elderly dogs
The Merrick Healthy Weight Dry Dog Food is made with real beef, for an animal source of protein in your Border Collie’s food. The recipe is made for weight loss and weight management in your dog. The food is completely grain free for your Border Collies with allergies or sensitive stomachs.
- Real beef is a high quality protein in the food
- Food is made for weight loss and management
- Grain free makes it great for allergies or sensitive stomachs
The Acana Protein Rich Dry Dog Food is made to be given to any breed at any life stage, great for your Border Collie puppy or senior. The recipe is completely grain and gluten free for Border Collies with sensitive stomachs or allergies. All ingredients that are used in the food are high quality for a great source of nutrients and protein.
- Made for all life stages and breeds of dog
- Completely grain and gluten free for dogs with allergies
- Quality food is high in vitamins, nutrients and protein
Border Collie Dog Food Buying Guide
As you can see from the above products, there are many different dog foods that your Border Collie would love, but the choice of which one you buy is always up to you. Before you buy a food you should always check the ingredients list for negative or potentially harmful things that can cause stomach issues in your Border Collie. Some brands will slip this information into the fine print so be sure to stay on top of it, for your Border Collies health and safety. Below are some of the features you may want or need in your Border Collie’s food with short explanations on why you would want them.
If your Border Collie has allergies, getting a hypoallergenic dog food is one of the best things you can do for your furry friend. Hypoallergenic dog foods are made with ingredients least likely to cause reactions in your Border Collie, making it the best possible fit for dogs with allergies.
While an all natural dog food isn’t guaranteed to not cause allergies in your Border Collie like hypoallergenic is, unfortunately there are still allergies to natural ingredients, it does severely lower the risk. All natural means that there are no chemicals or preservatives used in the food, which makes it safer for your Border Collie.
Many people hear this term but few know what it means. Holistic dog food means that all of the nutrients and vitamins in the recipe are balanced. This may not sound like a big deal, but think about what happens if we have one vital nutrient out of order in our diet. There is a wide variety of side effects ranging from mildly irritating to massive harmful that can come of it. Your Border Collie’s health is the same, which is why a Holistic dog food is a nice feature to have.
Limited Ingredient dog foods are nice if your Border Collie has allergies, not because the food is guaranteed to not have the ingredient they are allergic to, but because the short list makes it considerably easier on you to see if the food will work for your Border Collie. Just glance down the list and if it has no problems with your dog’s diet, then you’re set!
- Best Dog Food
- Best Dry Dog Food
- Best Wet Dog Food
- Best Senior Dog Food
- Best Dog Food for Sensitive Stomachs
- Best Dog Food for Allergies
- Best Dog Crate for Border Collies
- Best Dog Bed for Border Collies
- Best Dog Brush for Border Collies
- Best Dog Toys for Border Collies
- Best Dog Collar for Border Collies
- Best Dog Harness for Border Collies
- Best Dog Muzzle for Border Collies
- Best Dog Shampoo for Border Collies
- Best Puppy Food for Border Collies