Though the Boykin Spaniels are relatively larger than other Spaniels, they are cordial and social species.
The state dog of South Carolina is also known as swamp poodle as they have an inherited instinct to hunt wild turkeys and ducks from swamps.
Just like most of the Spaniels, this medium-sized breed has a tendency to gain weight and hence they require additional care while choosing a balanced diet for them. Vegetables and fresh meat are adequate to provide them with enough nourishment for being one of the most active species that they are.
Therefore, we are trying to share your concern by providing a nurturing list as per the food requirements of your Boykin Spaniel.
Best Dog Foods for Boykin Spaniels
Here are our dog foods for Boykin Spaniels reviews.
1. Taste of the Wild Pacific Stream Grain-Free Dry Dog Food
A meal with a lot of vegetables and fresh meat has the ability to equip your Boykin Spaniel with essential nutrients and the Taste of the Wild Pacific Stream Grain-Free Dry Dog Food is a suitable choice for the same. A perfect balanced diet formulated with smoked salmon along with peas and potatoes is rich in protein. Further, probiotic fiber is provided by the dry chicory roots for a healthy digestive system, and chelated minerals ensure that your Boykin Spaniel absorbs maximum nutrients.
- Grain-free recipe
- Supplies antioxidants from fresh fruits and vegetables
- No added colours or preservatives
2. American Journey Salmon & Sweet Potato Recipe Grain-free Dry Dog Food
With an abundance of nutrient-rich ingredients, the American Journey Salmon & Sweet Potato Recipe Grain-free Dry Dog Food offers a perfectly balanced diet to your Boykin Spaniel. The inclusion of deboned Salmon in the recipe provides them with essential protein and amino acids. The requirement of an adequate amount of vegetables for Boykin Spaniel is equally fulfilled by this meal and provides them with sufficient phytonutrients and antioxidants for better immunity.
- Grain-free recipe helps in avoiding fillers
- Omega 3 & 6 fatty acids and DHA provided by salmon oil and flaxseed for healthier skin, coat, eyes and brain.
- Added energy from chickpeas and sweet potatoes.
3. Purina Pro Plan Savor Adult Shredded Blend Chicken & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food
The Purina Pro Plan Savor Adult Shredded Blend Chicken & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food is an apt choice for the nutritional requirements as well as the taste buds of your Boykin Spaniel. Formulated with real chicken, this well-balanced meal has a perfect protein-to-fat ratio. With an exclusive texture through shredded morsels, these dry food kibbles stimulate the cravings of your pet.
- Includes Linoleic acid and vitamin A along with Omega fatty acids to maintain your Boykin Spaniel’s fine coat.
- Improves digestion through probiotics present in the recipe
- Specifically formulated for adult dogs.
4. Merrick Grain-free Real Texas Beef & Sweet Potato Recipe Dry Dog Food
Along with a protein-packed meal, the Merrick Grain-free Real Texas Beef & Sweet Potato Recipe Dry Dog Food provides your Boykin Spaniel with all the necessary nutrients. With protein-rich deboned beef as its first ingredient and sufficient amount of required fibers, vitamins and minerals, this dry dog food is a suitable option for your Spaniel.
- Grain-free recipe
- Does not contain added colours, flavors or preservatives
- Additional benefits from included Omega fatty acids and glucosamine
5. Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula Adult Chicken & Brown Rice Recipe Dry Dog Food
With real meat and wholesome grains, vegetables and fruits, the Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula Adult Chicken & Brown Rice Recipe Dry Dog Food is a nutritious choice for your Boykin Spaniel. Your pet will get added nutrition from the Blue Buffalo exclusive Life Source Bits. This Super-7 package is rich with antioxidants. The presence of protein-rich deboned chicken as its first ingredient makes it a suitable pick for your Spaniel.
- Includes calcium and phosphorus for stronger bones and teeth
- Get better mobility with the presence of Glucosamine.
- Stronger Immune system with chelated minerals.
Dog Foods for Boykin Spaniels Buyer’s Guide
Certain health conditions and food requirements oblige the dog owners to put extra effort while selecting food for their Boykin Spaniels.
A well-balanced diet is required for these Spaniels in order to prevent their tendency to gain weight easily and getting prone to hip dysplasia. Other health conditions and protein content of the meal affects the choice of food.
Therefore, we have mentioned a few factors that will make your search for suitable dog food for your Boykin Spaniel easier.
Finding a budget-friendly deal with the essential nutrients is not beyond your reach when it comes to dog food for Boykin Spaniel.
Being a medium-sized breed, they do not have special food requirements. For additional nourishment from certain brands, you can avail the discounts provided by the seller.
One should make sure that the protein source in the meal of their Boykin Spaniel is meat, and not a vegetable to reduce cost.
The first ingredient of the meal should be a meat-based protein source. Further, antioxidants and chelated minerals are essential for a better immune system.
Omega fatty acids will maintain the health of their inner and outer coat. Added prebiotic fiber stimulates better digestion.
Though there are a number of choices while selecting the type of food, most dog owners prefer dry food for Boykin Spaniel. It has a high-calorie density as compared to wet food.
So, you will need to increase the amount of food for the same number of calories if you choose wet food because of additional water in the recipe.
Go for food with certain specifications for allergies or other health conditions only if your Spaniel has that particular condition.
The age of your Boykin Spaniel is one of the most important aspects while picking an appropriate meal for them.
The younger Spaniels require a larger amount of protein and calcium in their growing age as compared to the adult ones for stronger bones and teeth.
An adult Boykin Spaniel needs 2 cups of food every day to maintain their weight.
Like most of the Spaniels, Boykin Spaniels are also prone to hip dysplasia because of their tendency to gain weight easily.
Therefore, it is necessary to calculate their daily calorie-intake and maintain it to the required amount fixed by a veterinarian or its breeder in order to control their weight.
Further, one must be aware of the food their pets are allergic to. It can be a certain type of herb, spice or grains and sometimes even meat or vegetables.
Take it into consideration before resuming your search.
- Best Dog Food
- Best Dry Dog Food
- Best Wet Dog Food
- Best Senior Dog Food
- Best Dog Food for Sensitive Stomachs
- Best Dog Food for Allergies
- Best Puppy Food for Boykin Spaniels
- Best Dog Crate for Boykin Spaniels
- Best Dog Bed for Boykin Spaniels
- Best Dog Brush for Boykin Spaniels
- Best Dog Toys for Boykin Spaniels
- Best Dog Collar for Boykin Spaniels
- Best Dog Harness for Boykin Spaniels
- Best Dog Muzzle for Boykin Spaniels
- Best Dog Shampoo for Boykin Spaniels
- Best Training Book for Boykin Spaniels