Every day, there are a ton of dog food brands displayed over the counter. Sincerely, you could get a little lost trying to decide what’s best for your adorable Briard. And we know without a doubt, that your choice of dog food affects the overall health of your dog.
To help with this, I’ve compiled a list of dog foods that are great for Briards. They aren’t only tasty; they also match up with your dog’s essential nutritional requirement.
Best Dog Food for Briards
Here is our dog food for Briards reviews.
The Merrick Grain-Free Dry Dog Food has a tail-wagging taste your Briard would surely love. It contains high-quality proteins, essential minerals and is grain-free. It also contains whole real foods, making sure that your canine friend receives nothing short of optimum nutrition. Finally, it contains zero preservatives.
- Rich in Omega 6 and Omega 3 fatty acids which support healthy coat and skin
- Contains glucosamine and chondroitin which helps maintain hip and joint function
- Number one ingredient is deboned chicken
The Wellness Complete Health Natural Dry Large Breed Dog Food is designed for large breeds like your Briard. Its unique formula is specially designed to meet your dog’s dietary requirements. It supports your dog’s digestive health, a healthy body mass, hip and joint health, healthy skin and a shiny coat.
- Deboned chicken and brown rice for high-quality protein and great taste
- Controlled caloric intake to help prevent obesity
- No meat by-products, wheat, artificial flavors, colors or preservatives
Earthborn is one brand that is highly passionate about quality dog foods. Their Great Plains Feasts is a fabulous choice for your Briard. It is entirely grain-free, meaning you won’t have to deal with allergies. It is dense with wholesome veggies and fruits, highly digestible proteins and other essential nutrients,
- Zero grain, potatoes or gluten for a grain-free alternative diet
- Bison meal and beef meal for a highly digestible, high-protein diet
- Contains beta-carotene, veggies, fruits, vitamins and minerals for optimal health and immune system
Looking for a nutrient-dense, yet tasty dog food for your Briard? ACANA Dry Dog Food is something you might want to consider. It contains an optimal blend of fat and protein, without including any grains. This is to ensure that your dog remains healthy and wagging all day long.
- Real lamb is the number ingredient
- Contains no added corn, wheat or grain
- High in nutritious vegetables like peas and lentils
The Earthborn Holistic Western Feast Grain-Free Dry Dog Food is another nutrient-dense dog food fit for your adorable Briard. It is a protein-packed recipe containing lean beef and pork proteins. It is grain-free, potato-free and gluten-free. Its packaging is re-sealable, BPA-free, and 100% recyclable.
- Contains highly digestible proteins
- Features lean beef and pork proteins
- Wholesome nutrients: veggies and fruits in every bite
Dog Food for Briards Buyers Guide
Your Briards wouldn’t do well with just any type of diet. If tasty and nutritious is what you’re after, then pay keen attention to the following:
Premium quality and nothing less is what you should be considering if you keep a Briard as a pet. Other dogs might thrive just fine with any random and cheap, over-the-counter dog food, but not your Briard. So can we rule out low-quality foods already and go on to other things?
Composition to Favor
Another thing you want to consider is the composition of your dog food. You want to get something that is nutrient-dense. Dog food that will get your Briard filled up without having to overfeed.
Just like we humans, Briards and dogs in general, don’t produce the needed nutrients for sustaining healthy living. This implies that it relies heavily on what it eats to remain healthy.
Your dog’s food must be rich in protein which provides for energy and healthy muscle development. It must have its first ingredient as meat for this to be possible. Any food that is made up of less than 25% protein is a no-no.
Next are carbohydrates. You want a bouncing and high-energy dog. Carbs would provide the energy for that. All the same, excess carbs could lead to obesity, and so you want to choose a dog food that has its carbs already pre-portioned.
Finally, you want to get a dog food that is high in vitamins and minerals. This is very important. These minerals are necessary for a range of healthy digestive operation in your Briard
Composition to Avoid
There are also certain things you should steer clear of. One is foods with artificial preservatives. Next are dog foods that are mainly made up of grain. A little grain wouldn’t hurt your dog, but if it’s possible, just avoid it.
To start with, grains causes itching and excessive stooling for most dogs. Also, they are hardly ever digested, and they lack the necessary nutrients needed to keep your dog healthy. And if I may add, they cause your dog to eat more, leading to obesity in the long run.
- Best Dog Food
- Best Dry Dog Food
- Best Wet Dog Food
- Best Senior Dog Food
- Best Dog Food for Sensitive Stomachs
- Best Dog Food for Allergies
- Best Puppy Food for Briards
- Best Dog Crate for Briards
- Best Dog Bed for Briards
- Best Dog Brush for Briards
- Best Dog Toys for Briards
- Best Dog Collar for Briards
- Best Dog Harness for Briards
- Best Dog Muzzle for Briards
- Best Dog Shampoo for Briards