Cheerful and affectionate Bull Pugs are commonly known as miniature bulldog or Pugabull. These American hybrid dogs have been bred crossing purely English Bulldog and Pug. Though these lazy dogs include major parental characteristics, they are pretty gentle, amiable, and cherish the company of a human. These exceptional Bull Pugs show symptoms of several hereditary problems from a very early age, and some of them are breathing trouble, weak joints, etc.
That is why to keep your Bull Pug healthy for a long time; you need to provide it well-balanced nutrition in the form of wet or dry food. This article highlights some top quality dog food available in the market and their extraordinary features.
Best Dog Foods for Bull Pugs
Here are our dog foods for Bull Pugs reviews.
This USA made Taste of the Wild High Prairie Grain-Free Dry Dog Food is one of the best dog foods available in the market. Enriched with lamb meal, chicken meal, roasted venison, etc. this food is apt for small-sized Bull Pugs. This balanced diet nourishes your Bull Pug’s skin and promotes muscle development.
- Peas and other vegetables make the food fiber-rich.
- The addition of real fruits provides antioxidant support.
- The food contains important amino acids.
This extraordinary Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Gastrointestinal Low Fat Dry Dog Food keeps your Bull Pug’s tummy full for around 4 to 5 hours. This thoughtfully manufactured food is ideal for sick Bull Pugs and helps it recover from vomiting, diarrhea, etc. The abundance of fish oil makes the food fatty acid-rich.
- This food contains a very low amount of fat, and as a result, it is a one-stop solution for obesity.
- The food boosts the immunity system of the dog.
- The unique blend of dietary fiber makes the food perfect for having a clean gut.
This Rachael Ray Nutrish Natural Chicken & Veggies Recipe Dry Dog Food combines both meat and veggies that are good for your Bull Pug’s healthy well-being. This commercial food packet features farm-raised chicken and soybean meals. The packet contains beet powder to provide natural color to its bowl.
- The presence of iron and copper enables proper blood circulation.
- It doesn’t combine any poultry by-product meal.
- The chicken fat aids in a smooth coat and healthy skin.
This American Journey Beef & Sweet Potato Recipe Grain-Free Dry Dog Food fuels your Bull Pug with a wild spirit. Deboned beef, chicken meal, turkey meal, etc. are primary ingredients of the dog food. This wholesome diet contains around 380 Kcal per standard cup.
- The rosemary extract is a solution to the long term preservation problem.
- Sweet potatoes and chickpeas give your Bull Pug long-lasting energy.
- Ingredients are containing DHA work miraculously in brain development.
5. Natural Balance L.I.D. Limited Ingredient Diets Sweet Potato & Venison Formula Grain-Free Dry Dog Food
This flavorful Natural Balance L.I.D. Limited Ingredient Diets Sweet Potato & Venison Formula Grain-Free Dry Dog Food can be an apt choice for Bull Pugs. The food throws out poultry by-product meal, soy product, corn, wheat, etc. which causes the problem to the dog’s little stomach. Several minerals like zinc, selenium, iron, copper, manganese, cobalt, sodium are present in this food packet’s adequate amount.
- The spearmint extract, rosemary, and tea extract act as a natural preservative to the food.
- The food is instrumental in skeletal development.
- The fatty acids nourish the skin and provide a glowing coat.
Dog Foods For Bull Pugs Buyer’s Guide
Outdoorsy yet protective Bull Pugs adore the kids, and they make an excellent playmate. Though these hybrid dogs fall in the category of small-sized dogs, they are significantly taller than pugs. But if you compare Bull Pugs with a typical bulldog, they are way smaller than them.
Though these Bull Pugs are excellent as a family companion and watchdog, they sometimes behave like couch potatoes. To keep your exceptionally amicable Bull Pug active and fit, you need to take it out for a walk at least twice a week. But, most importantly, feed your Bull Pug some quality dog food so that it receives enough nutrients to jump around the house and play all through the day.
The mixed breed of Bull Pug has a life expectancy of only nine years and, in some rare cases, up to 13 years. Though for dogs that are under one year of age, there is commercial puppy food. For adult and senior dogs also the amount and quality of food vary a lot.
Suppose, if your Bull Pug is within the age range of 1 to 6 years, to avoid the risk of weight gain, you can give them only two bowls full of dog foods a day. Whereas, for the same quality food, the senior Bull Pugs require only one bowl and some snacks.
Believe it or not, the nutrition requirement is different for dogs in every stage of their life. That is why if you are going for commercial dog food over a home-cooked meal, you should add a sufficient amount of nutrients specific to its age.
Chicken, lamb, beef, pork, etc. are common red meats and white meats found in dried form in dog food. These not only supply an adequate amount of protein to your Bull Pug’s bowl but also deal with several health issues.
Some dog parents observe that their Bull Pugs are allergic to grains, corn, soy products, etc. That is why they try to steer clear of these ingredients and opt a grain-free diet over others. A wholesome dog food combines antioxidants, prebiotics, multiple vitamins, minerals, preservatives, and many other essential chemicals.
As you have already gone through the aforementioned samples and their features, you must have known there are two kinds of dog foods –wet and dry. Though we have not added the commercial wet foods in our sample list, if your dog needs a moisture and fatty diet, you can feed it these wet foods.
But most dog owners prefer dry foods to wet ones. We would suggest going for high-quality dry foods as those require chewing action and take care of dental health.
Finally, we would like to add that your Bull Pug is very loyal and affectionate to your family, so take care of its health and bring home the tastiest dog food for your Bull Pug. All the best and we hope that your Bull Pug will fall in love with your dog-food choice.
- Best Dog Food
- Best Dry Dog Food
- Best Wet Dog Food
- Best Senior Dog Food
- Best Dog Food for Sensitive Stomachs
- Best Dog Food for Allergies
- Best Puppy Food for Bull Pugs
- Best Dog Crate for Bull Pugs
- Best Dog Bed for Bull Pugs
- Best Dog Brush for Bull Pugs
- Best Dog Toys for Bull Pugs
- Best Dog Collar for Bull Pugs
- Best Dog Harness for Bull Pugs
- Best Dog Muzzle for Bull Pugs
- Best Dog Shampoo for Bull Pugs
- Best Training Book for Bull Pugs