Your beloved Canaan is a unique and rare breed that has been around for thousands of years. If you are lucky enough to have him as part of your family, you will definitely want to keep him happy and healthy. That means feeding him high-quality, delicious meals that also meet all his nutritional requirements. Luckily, Canaans are not prone to allergies or other health conditions, so the choice is yours – as long as it tastes great and contains premium ingredients for this special pup’s refined palate.
Best Dog Food for Canaans
Here are our dog food for Canaans reviews.
Stella &Chewy’s Freeze-Dried Raw Dinner Patties is a top-quality choice for your special Canaan. This recipe contains 95 per cent meat, organs and bones. Available with premium meats such as venison, rabbit, duck or lamb.
- Grass-fed meat contains no added hormones or antibiotics
- Raw ingredients mimic diet in the wild for improved digestion and vitality
- Wholesome fruits and vegetables added for balanced nutrition
ORIJEN High-Protein Dry Dog Food is a premium grain-free recipe that contains quality meat ingredients such as free-run chicken, turkey and wild-caught fish. The fresh and raw animal ingredients contain meat, organs, cartilage and bone for added nutrition.
- 85% premium animal ingredients
- Enhanced with fruits, vegetables and botanicals
- Also includes nutritious cage-free eggs, herring and flounder
Taste of the Wild Southwest Canyon is a delicious blend of wild boar, beef, eggs and lamb. This premium recipe mimics a diet from life in the wild that your Canaan will appreciate.
- Added vitamins and minerals for balanced nutrition
- Superfoods, probiotics and fatty acids for improved health
- No grain, corn, wheat or fillers
CRAVE Lamb & Venison Dry Dog Food is a high-quality, high-protein dog food made with real deboned pasture-fed lamb as the first ingredient. Crave recipes feature a blend of animal and plant protein to balance amino acid levels.
- Quality carbohydrates include chickpeas and split peas
- Enriched with vitamins, minerals and other nutrients
- No corn, wheat, soy or chicken by-product meal
Wellness Core Rawrev is a premium dry dog food with 100% real freeze-dried lamb bites.This recipe with duck, turkey, wild boar and rabbit will remind your Canaan of his wild past.
- Freeze-dried meat provides safe way to introduce raw foods
- Grain, gluten and potato-free
- Enriched with antioxidants, prebiotics and probiotics
Dog Food for Canaans Buyer’s Guide
Choosing the right dog food for your Canaan is an important decision because it will fuel his day, maintain his health and prevent issues from developing in the future. Canaans are a healthy breed overall, requiring just simple, quality ingredients that taste great. As with all dogs, a diet packed with nutritious vitamins, minerals and lean protein will keep him fit and trim and support his energy needs. Canaans will especially love recipes that mimic their wild ancestor’s diets – packed with high-quality real-meat protein and free from fillers and by-product meals.
Our buying guide reviews the best dog food for Canaans on the market so you can choose the right food for your dog. The following should be considered for your Canaan’s specific needs and are included on most premium dog food recipes.
Wild and Wholeprey Recipes
Canaans are one of the oldest breeds in the world and have survived for thousands of years without domestication. So, these pups know what they like. A recipe that features real meat will appeal to his taste and sense of well-being. Common ingredients in these premium blends include wild game, free-run poultry, wild-caught fish and rabbit. Whole prey recipes contain all parts of the animal – meat, organs, cartilage and bone – and are considered an exceptional form of protein for your pup.
Other Health Considerations
Like other dogs, Canaans need a good quality high-protein recipe to support their energy and muscular needs. A well-balanced dog food will have adequate amounts of vitamins and minerals to support joint, heart, bone, skin and coat health. Added superfoods such as blueberries and kale will provide antioxidants for immunity and probiotics and prebiotics will aid digestion. Healthy whole grains such as barley and brown rice are great additions as well. As always, choose a blend that is nutritionally dense, and contains no preservatives or rendered meals.
- Best Dog Food
- Best Dry Dog Food
- Best Wet Dog Food
- Best Senior Dog Food
- Best Dog Food for Sensitive Stomachs
- Best Dog Food for Allergies
- Best Puppy Food for Canaans
- Best Dog Crate for Canaans
- Best Dog Bed for Canaans
- Best Dog Brush for Canaans
- Best Dog Toys for Canaans
- Best Dog Collar for Canaans
- Best Dog Harness for Canaans
- Best Dog Muzzle for Canaans
- Best Dog Shampoo for Canaans