Your tiny Chorkie needs a healthy diet to keep him fit, trim and full of that boundless energy you love. A commercial blend designed for toy breeds is recommended to fulfill all of his unique nutritional needs and prevent him from developing health issues. Chorkies are prone to allergies and low blood sugar, so choose a good quality food that he will love, and you can feel good about, too.
Best Dog Food for Chorkies
Here are our dog food for Chorkies reviews.
AvoDerm Natural Small Breed Dry Dog Food is a delicious chicken, brown rice and avocado recipe designed for small breeds. This blend is pressure cooked for optimum nutrition and is designed to meet the energy needs of your Chorkie.
- Supports healthy skin and coat with omega-rich avocado
- Bite-size kibble is perfect for small jaws
- Antioxidants for a healthy immune system
Wellness Core Small Breed Rawrev Dog Food offers a high-protein kibble with real raw freeze-dried turkey bites. This blend supports lean muscles, healthy weight and a shiny, healthy coat for your Chorkie.
- First ingredient is real, deboned turkey
- Raw provides protein, enzymes and minerals in their most natural state.
- Grain-free recipe for sensitivities
Purina Pro Plan Toy Breed Formula is a special recipe designed to meet the energy and nutritional needs of your Chorkie. The tiny, bite-sized kibble contains calcium, phosphorous and other minerals to support healthy teeth and bones.
- Prebiotic fiber for digestive health
- Vitamin A, linoleic acid and omega-6 fatty acids promote healthy skin and coat
- Real chicken is the first ingredient
Hill’s Science Diet Small Paws dog food is a great choice for your little Chorkie thanks to its extra small kibble and easily digestible ingredients. This high-protein blend is designed to maintain lean muscle mass in small breed dogs.
- No chicken by-product meal
- Vitamin E and Omega-6 to promote healthy skin and coat
- Special antioxidant blend for immunity support
Nutro ULTRA Toy Breed Dog Food is a delicious trio of lamb, chicken and salmon designed for your Chorkie’s refined palate. This premium recipe contains 15 additional superfoods such as a coconut, kale, chia and blueberries for optimal health.
- Specially formulated for toy breeds
- Made with non-GMO ingredients
- No chicken by-product meal, soy, corn or wheat
Dog Food for Chorkies Buyer’s Guide
Choosing the right dog food for your energetic Chorkie is important because he needs the right levels of protein, fat, carbohydrates and fiber to fuel his day and help him lead a long and healthy life. There are also some additional considerations to make when choosing the right food for your pup. Chorkies, like other small breeds, are prone to develop allergies or food sensitivities. Do not overfeed your Chorkie, as he can easily gain weight. It’s also important to note that Chorkies are prone to low blood sugar, or hypoglycemia, so make sure you feed your pup a high-quality dog foodat regular intervals. Finally, make sure the food you choose has a tiny kibble, so your Chorkie can easily pick it up at mealtime.
Our buying guide reviews the best dog food for Chorkies on the market so you can choose the right recipe for your dog. The following considerations should be made when choosing which dog food is best for your Chorkie.
Chorkies, like their parent breeds the Yorkshire Terrier and Chihuahua, are prone to developing allergies to some foods that can cause skin irritations or atopic dermatitis. Ideally, you should choose a brand that is grain-free, and does not contain any corn, wheat or soy. Healthy carbohydrates such as pumpkin, peas and potatoes can help fuel your pup without upsetting his tummy. If you notice some skin sensitivity, find a recipe that is rich in omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, along with vitamin E to help reduce irritation and promote a healthy coat and skin.
Chorkies are known to gain weight easily, so avoid that mid-life puppy ponch by feeding him a healthy source of lean protein such as chicken, turkey, wild game or fish. Commercial brands with fillers such as corn or soy are to be avoided, as well as recipes that contain poultry by-product meals. In general, small breeds need optimal nutrition packed into small portions for cardiovascular and joint health, so choose a blend designed for small or toy breeds for nutrient-dense vitamins and minerals. Calcium, phosphorous, selenium and potassium are good for healthy bones and teeth, while vitamin A is great for maintaining healthy eyes, and probiotics and antioxidants will support digestive and immune systems.
- Best Dog Food
- Best Dry Dog Food
- Best Wet Dog Food
- Best Senior Dog Food
- Best Dog Food for Sensitive Stomachs
- Best Dog Food for Allergies
- Best Puppy Food for Chorkies
- Best Dog Crate for Chorkies
- Best Dog Bed for Chorkies
- Best Dog Brush for Chorkies
- Best Dog Toys for Chorkies
- Best Dog Collar for Chorkies
- Best Dog Harness for Chorkies
- Best Dog Muzzle for Chorkies
- Best Dog Shampoo for Chorkies