Below are the top five recommended dog foods for Chow Chows with short item descriptions to explain why that item made the list. At the end of the article is a buying guide with extra information about the various dog foods on the market.
Best Dog Foods for Chow Chows
Here are our Chow Chow dog food reviews.
The Blue Buffalo Life Protection Dog Food is made with real chicken and rice to give your Chow Chow the highest amount of quality protein possible. With omega three and six fatty acids, this food boosts your Chow Chow’s skin and coat health. The all natural formula is great for dogs with sensitive stomachs or allergies.
- Real chicken and rice offer high quality protein
- Boosts coat and skin health one bowl at a time
- All natural removes the worry of chemicals or other potentially harmful ingredients
The Diamond Naturals Beef and Rice Dog Food is made with real beef to offer the best quality of protein to your Chow Chow. The food is enhanced with super foods and probiotics for a healthy dog food. With no corn, wheat or soy this dog food is perfect for Chow Chow’s with sensitive stomachs or allergies.
- Real meat offers highest quality of protein
- Super food ingredients and added probiotics for healthy food
- No corn, wheat or soy for a healthy dog food
The Taste of the Wild Prairie Dog Food is made with real bison and venison for a high quality source of protein for your Chow Chow. The grain free recipe is perfect for dogs with sensitive stomachs or allergies. The highly digestible kibbles are great if your Chow Chow has stomach problems or a slow digestive tract.
- Real meat gives best quality of protein to your Chow Chow
- Grain free dog foods are excellent for sensitive stomachs
- Digestible food is good for elderly Chow Chows
The Nutro Wholesome Essentials Dog Food is made with real chicken, lentil and potato for a high source of protein for your Chow Chow. The food is formulated to support your dog’s joints and muscles. The boosted protein and fiber is great for weight management in your Chow Chow.
- Real meat is the best quality of protein
- Supports joints and muscles in your Chow Chow
- Protein and fiber are high for weight management
The Zignature Trout and Salmon Dog Food is completely grain free for Chow Chows that have allergies or sensitive stomachs. The real trout and salmon ingredients ensure a high quality protein source for your Chow Chow. The food is made with no corn, wheat, soy, dairy or chicken.
- Grain free dog foods are good for Chow Chows with sensitive stomachs
- Real meat gives highest quality of protein
- No potentially harmful or allergy causing ingredients
Chow Chow Dog Food Buying Guide
As you can see from the above products there is a wide range of dog foods for your Chow Chow and they all have their own benefits. Whether you need a specific type of food or flavor for your Chow Chow or you just want one that covers as many health benefits as it can, the dog product industry has what you need. We will go over the various types of dog food and the features they have that may benefit your Chow Chow.
Hypoallergenic dog food is made for those Chow Chows who have allergies or just food sensitivities that make finding a food for them challenging. Hypoallergenic dog foods are made with ingredients that are all less likely to cause allergic reactions in your Chow Chow than other average dog foods.
No Corn, Grain or Wheat
Now, many owners may be asking why you would want a dog food free of corn, grain and wheat. These are vital parts of our diet so why are we excluding them from our pets diet? The answer is simple, for the same reason humans exclude them from their diets, allergies. Corn, grain and wheat are also heavier on the stomach which is something to avoid if your Chow Chow has a sensitive stomach.
If your Chow Chow is elderly or experiencing stomach and digestion problems this is one of the best things you can get for them. Having an easily digestible dog food allows your dog to eat without paying dearly for it later. The gentle ingredients are made to make digestion easy on your pooch.
Limited Ingredient dog food is nice for those pet parents out there whose furry babies have allergies. While this food doesn’t guarantee they won’t have an allergic reaction to something in it. The short list of ingredients makes it easier for you to see if the food has anything that your Chow Chow can’t eat in it.
- Best Dog Food
- Best Dry Dog Food
- Best Wet Dog Food
- Best Senior Dog Food
- Best Dog Food for Sensitive Stomachs
- Best Dog Food for Allergies
- Best Puppy Food for Chow Chows
- Best Dog Crate for Chow Chows
- Best Dog Bed for Chow Chows
- Best Dog Brush for Chow Chows
- Best Dog Toys for Chow Chows
- Best Dog Collar for Chow Chows
- Best Dog Harness for Chow Chows
- Best Dog Muzzle for Chow Chows
- Best Dog Shampoo for Chow Chows