English Cocker Spaniels are small to medium-sized doggies known for their enthusiasm towards their game and devotion towards their masters. These dogs primarily used to run along the country roads to flush birds and other smaller animals. However, they are now famous as companion dogs and are much adored by pet owners. The English Cocker Spaniels are highly active dogs who love to run around your house and yard, as their previous job has established a lot of tenacious sporty potential within their nature.
Their activity levels demand a nutritious diet in order to get satisfied; however, pet owners often fail to do so and end up having unhealthy English Cocker Spaniels. If you want your English Cocker Spaniel to have a wholesome diet and stay fit, you must read further as we have closely observed and reviewed top-notch dog foods that are specifically best for English Cocker Spaniels.
Best Dog Foods for English Cocker Spaniels
Here are our dog foods for English Cocker Spaniels reviews.
The American Journey has formulated an energy-rich grain-free dry dog food that has a tantalizing taste during the addition of protein-rich real chicken as its first ingredient. This dog food can be considered a wholesome power punch to your English Cocker Spaniel, as it contains optimal quantities of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, phytonutrients, healthy fats, omega fatty acids, and several other dietary essentials.
- Features natural fruits and vegetables
- Contains highly digestible energy in the form of sweet potatoes and chickpeas
- Contains DHA sources out from Salmon oil
Rachael Ray Nutrish has formulated an efficient Natural Chicken and Veggies Recipe that provides abundant protein levels and a fiber-rich diet to your English Cocker Spaniel. The natural chicken that is used has been raised on the USA’s farmlands, while the veggies like beets pulp and carbohydrates like brown rice are the real sources of fiber in this diet.
- Contains peas and carrots to provide wholesome vitamins and minerals
- Does not contain any fillers, wheat gluten
- Does not contain any food allergens such as wheat, corn, soy, or poultry by-products
Taste of the Wild keeps on manufacturing innovative and energy-rich formula recipes, and their Sierra Mountain edition is one of the novel recipes that they have created. This dog food is highly rich in high-quality proteins; thus, it can be a viable option for the efficient maintenance of strong and lean muscles of the English Cocker Spaniels.
- Features a recipe that has been sourced from natural ingredients
- Contains real lamb and roasted lamb as its first ingredients to provide novel proteins
- Features an energy-rich blend of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, probiotics, fruits, and veggies
Merrick has formulated grain-free dry dog food that is tremendously rich in proteins and healthy fats, having 65% of its formula composed of them. The remaining formula consists of essential vitamins, minerals, fatty acids, antioxidants, and many other dietary essentials to maintain a healthy immune response and digestive system of your English Cocker Spaniel.
- Features real deboned beef as its primary ingredient
- Does not contain any food allergens
- Manufactured in the USA
Royal Canin Veterinary Diet has introduced low-fat dry dog food to aid a sick English Cocker Spaniel by formulating a precise blend of essential vitamins and minerals along with prebiotics and omega fatty acids. This food allows your doggie to recover from illness that includes digestion issues, including vomiting, appetite loss, and diarrhea.
- Contains a low-fat content especially for doggies who have a problem in digesting fat
- Contains highly digestible proteins
- Features antioxidants to support the immune system
Dog Food for English Cocker Spaniel Buyer’s Guide
The English Cocker Spaniels are among the fervent doggies who like the idea of having a dynamic lifestyle. On average, these doggies walk up to nine miles every week and like to ramble around your yard or a park too. When you are planning a diet for your English Cocker Spaniel, you have to make sure that you are feeding them at least two cups of kibble each day, as that is sufficient enough to keep them fit and healthy. You should also know that overfeeding your English Cocker Spaniel increases his risk of encountering joint disorders, including hip and elbow dysplasia. One thing that you need to keep a keen check on is the quality of kibble that you are opting for. You should always pick up a high-quality kibble for your English Cocker Spaniel.
We reviewed some of the best dog foods that are in the market for your English Cocker Spaniel. We examined a few aspects of each of them. So, we have discussed those aspects in greater detail to assist you in making a better decision.
When you walk across a storm’s shelf to pick the right dog food for your English Cocker Spaniel, you would have noticed that there are specific dog foods for most of the breed sizes. If you pick up a large breed dog food, thinking that it will provide a larger amount of nutrition, you are deluded, as that will only increase the risk of your English Cocker Spaniel gaining weight. It is better to go for medium breed dog foods or generalized dog foods that are suitable for all breeds when you are picking up one for English Cocker Spaniel.
There are two categories of dog foods; wet and dry. You should go for dry dog food when you are selecting a food for your English Cocker Spaniel, as that food is more nutritious and has a vast range of dietary essentials blended. Wet dog food is usually an additive measure, so it is better if you do not stick with wet dog food. An ideal food has a combination of both, as it becomes highly nutritious that way.
Real meat must be the first ingredient in your doggie’s diet, as that helps in the maintenance of stronger and leaner muscles that are essential for the activities which your English Cocker Spaniel likes. Along with that, the presence of antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, fatty acids, and other ingredients are seen as a plus.
The dog food that you are buying for your English Cocker Spaniel must have a formula that is compliant to the guidelines prescribed by AAFCO.
- Best Dog Food
- Best Dry Dog Food
- Best Wet Dog Food
- Best Senior Dog Food
- Best Dog Food for Sensitive Stomachs
- Best Dog Food for Allergies
- Best Puppy Food for English Cocker Spaniels
- Best Dog Crate for English Cocker Spaniels
- Best Dog Bed for English Cocker Spaniels
- Best Dog Brush for English Cocker Spaniels
- Best Dog Toys for English Cocker Spaniels
- Best Dog Collar for English Cocker Spaniels
- Best Dog Harness for English Cocker Spaniels
- Best Dog Muzzle for English Cocker Spaniels
- Best Dog Shampoo for English Cocker Spaniels
- Best Training Book for English Cocker Spaniels