Your smart, distinguished English Foxhound has been a part of canine history for generations, gaining notoriety as a favorite hunting dog over the years. Even George Washington was a fan and played a part in his successful transition to America. This pup knows exactly what he likes to eat, and that is a high-quality food with premium ingredients such as real meat and wholesome fruits and vegetables that take him back to his primal hunting days. This is a healthy breed, but he is prone to gaining weight, so lean protein sources are best to keep him fit and trim.
Best Dog Food for English Foxhounds
Here are our dog food for English Foxhounds reviews.
AvoDerm Natural Large Breed Dog Food is a delicious chicken, brown rice and avocado recipe designed for large breeds. This blend is pressure cooked for optimum nutrition and is designed to meet the energy needs of your English Foxhound.
- Supports healthy skin and coat with omega-rich avocado
- Chondroitin sulfate and glucosamine for joint health
- Antioxidants for a healthy immune system
Wellness Core Large Breed Dog Food is a high-protein, grain-free recipe for your English Foxhound’s energy needs. This recipe contains real deboned chicken, along with nutritious chicken and turkey meals for added protein.
- No corn, wheat, soy or by-products
- Omega fatty acids for healthy skin and coat
- Glucosamine and chondroitin sulfate for large breed joint health
Lucy Pet Formulas for Life is a premium dog food featuring duck, pumpkin and quinoa for an excellent nutritional profile. This recipe focuses on improving gut health to improve overall health, with its unique prebiotic balanced fiber.
- Contains sea kelp and other superfoods
- Flat kibble is easy to chew for all life stages
- Taurine-fortified for vision and heart health
Diamond Naturals Large Breed Dog Food is made with real cage-free chicken and is designed for the unique needs of large breeds like English Foxhounds. The amino acid profile promotes lean muscle mass and helps prevent obesity.
- Blueberries, carrots and papaya for added vitamins
- Fatty acids added for healthy skin and coat
- Special probiotic blend for immune system support
This Taste of the Wild Ancient Mountain recipe features real roasted lamb and ancient grains that will appeal to your English Foxhound’s primal palate. This recipe also contains nutritious fruits and vegetables such as blueberries, raspberries and peas for optimal health.
- Dried chicory root for digestive system support
- Sorghum, millet, chia and quinoa for nutrition and protein
- No corn, wheat or fillers added
Dog Food for English Foxhounds Buyer’s Guide
Your active and playful English Foxhound needs a great quality food to support his high energy needs. This breed is prone to gaining weight, so it’s important to choose the right mix of protein and fat to avoid obesity. A premium brand of dog food designed for large breeds will have the correct levels of protein, fat, carbohydrates and fiber needed to help him live a long and healthy life. Avoid any fillers such as corn gluten meal, poultry by-products and artificial preservatives to ensure your English Foxhound is getting only what he needs in each bite.
Our buying guide reviews the best dog food for English Foxhounds on the market so you can choose the right recipe for your dog. The following considerations should be made when choosing which dog food is best for your English Foxhound.
Protein and Energy Needs
English Foxhounds need a dog food with at least 25 per cent protein from healthy, high-quality protein sources. Look for recipes with real meat or fish as the first ingredient on the label and no poultry by-products. Ancient grains such as quinoa have added protein and other health benefits as well. Healthy carbohydrates such as pumpkin, peas and potatoes can help fuel your pup without upsetting his tummy.
English Foxhounds are known to gain weight easily, so make sure you get out and exercise and look for recipes with lean protein sources such as chicken, turkey, wild game or fish. Large breeds such as English Foxhounds are also prone to hip and elbow issues over time, so a recipe with chondroitin sulfate and glucosamine will help keep his joints and cartilage healthy. Your pup’s beautiful dense coat will benefit from the essential fatty acids omega 3 and omega 6, as well as vitamin E. Calcium, phosphorous, selenium and potassium are good for healthy bones and teeth, while vitamin A is great for maintaining healthy eyes. Added probiotics and antioxidants will support healthy digestive and immune systems.
- Best Dog Food
- Best Dry Dog Food
- Best Wet Dog Food
- Best Senior Dog Food
- Best Dog Food for Sensitive Stomachs
- Best Dog Food for Allergies
- Best Puppy Food for English Foxhounds
- Best Dog Crate for English Foxhounds
- Best Dog Bed for English Foxhounds
- Best Dog Brush for English Foxhounds
- Best Dog Toys for English Foxhounds
- Best Dog Collar for English Foxhounds
- Best Dog Harness for English Foxhounds
- Best Dog Muzzle for English Foxhounds
- Best Dog Shampoo for English Foxhounds
- Best Training Book for English Foxhounds