The English setter is an adorable dog breed. They were initially walking and hunting dogs from England, but now they make a reliable companion while serving their purpose. They are easily likeable and would instantly settle in with other pets. However, they have specific dietary requirements to keep them hale and hearty all through their lifetime. Check out the best dog food for an English setter.
Best Dog Food for English Setters
Here is our Dog Food for English setter reviews.
Merrick Grain-Free Chicken & Sweet Potato is a healthy combination protein from deboned chicken, vegetables and fruits. The formula contains the right amount of vitamins and minerals for a healthy English setter. Some of the significant ingredients in this formula are fish, chicken, peas, potatoes, blueberries and apples.
- Contains omega 3 and 6 fatty acid for a shiny coat and skin
- Rich in chondroitin and glucosamine for the ideal bone health
- Free from allergy-causing ingredients like corn and wheat
CANIDAE Grain-Free PURE Meadow Senior Formula is the perfect formula for old and ageing English setters. The recipe is excellent for pets with declining metabolism and appetite. It contains a balance of high-quality protein, fibre and low calorie. The formula hastens digestion while providing your English setter with the right daily nutrients.
- Ideal for pets with food intolerance
- Free from grains
- Free from unhealthy preservatives
Taste of the Wild Pacific Stream contains tasty smoked salmon to arouse your pet’s appetite. The formula contains a rich blend of sweet potatoes, raspberries, tomatoes and blueberries.
- Rich in omega 3 and 6 acids for a healthy coat and skin
- Aids digestion due to its probiotics content
- Free from fish by-products
Next on the list is the Blue Buffalo Wilderness mix that contains high-quality protein. The formula contains rabbit and venison as its primary protein source. Other ingredient includes vegetables and fruits like cranberries, peas, blueberries, sweet potatoes and carrots.
- Free from grains like soy, wheat and corn
- A healthy blend of protein and carbohydrate
- Free from artificial fillers and flavors
If your English setter is a picky eater then should opt for the Eukanuba Large Breed Adult Dry Dog Food. The formula contains tasty chicken as its primary ingredient to keep your pet glued to his plate.
- A healthy balance of protein and calorie
- Free from artificial fillers and preservative
- Free from grains like wheat and soy
Dog Food for English Setters Buyer’s Guide
The English setter has a unique dietary requirement. Thus, they are essential factors you must thoughtfully consider when shopping for your pet’s dog food. Check them out!
With tons of dog food makers scattered all over the internet, it’s easy to fall for brands with low-quality ingredients like meat fillers, wheat and corn. These ingredients have no nutritional value and would cause an allergic reaction for the English setters. Thus, it is advised you avoid unreliable dog food vendors and stick to reputable sellers. Check for products with a real protein source and all-natural ingredients.
While the English setter seldom suffers hereditary health issues, they are prone to hip dysplasia and a host of other bone diseases. Hence, they have a special requirement for minerals and nutrients like calcium, Chondroitin and Glucosamine. Thus, you have to get dog food with these nutrients to prevent such occurrences and improve their bone health.
Aside from these bone issues, the English setter is a healthy dog breed that rarely falls sick and is easy to groom. All you need do is make sure your pet gets proper exercise and sleeps in a warm, comfortable sleeping area.
The English setter is a relatively large dog breed with a high-calorie requirement for their daily needs. Thus, you should get a dog food with the right balance between protein and carbohydrate. A lot of factors like your pet’s weight, metabolism rate, and activity level can affect his calorie intake. Ensure to carefully work these out before picking the right dog food for your pet. Also, avoid overfeeding your pet as the English setter is prone to obesity.
- Best Dog Food
- Best Dry Dog Food
- Best Wet Dog Food
- Best Senior Dog Food
- Best Dog Food for Sensitive Stomachs
- Best Dog Food for Allergies
- Best Puppy Food for English Setters
- Best Dog Crate for English Setters
- Best Dog Bed for English Setters
- Best Dog Brush for English Setters
- Best Dog Toys for English Setters
- Best Dog Collar for English Setters
- Best Dog Harness for English Setters
- Best Dog Muzzle for English Setters
- Best Dog Shampoo for English Setters
- Best Training Book for English Setters