Best Dog Food for Finnish Lapphunds
Here are our dog food for Finnish Lapphund reviews.
Diamond Naturals Skin & Coat Recipe is a premium dry dog food with wild caught salmon as the first ingredient. This special blend will keep your Lapphund’s beautiful coat shiny and healthy.
- Optimum amino acid profile for lean, strong muscles
- Antioxidants for immune system support
- Probiotics that survive in the GI tract
ORIJEN High-Protein Dry Dog Food is a premium grain-free recipe that contains quality meat ingredients such as free-run chicken, turkey and wild-caught fish. Your Lappie will love the variety of fresh and raw animal ingredients including meat, organs, cartilage and bone for added nutrition.
- 85% premium animal ingredients
- Enhanced with fruits, vegetables and botanicals
- Also includes nutritious cage-free eggs, herring and flounder
Wellness Core Rawrev is a premium dry dog food with 100% real freeze-dried lamb bites. This recipe with duck, turkey, wild boar and rabbit will remind your Finnish Lapphund of his ancestral diet.
- Freeze-dried meat provides safe way to introduce raw foods
- Grain, gluten and potato-free
- Enriched with antioxidants, prebiotics and probiotics
CANIDAE Pure Real Lamb Goat & Venison is a limited ingredient, grain-free premium dry dog food, perfect for Finnish Lapphunds with food sensitivities. Probiotics are added to each kibble after cooking to support healthy digestion.
- Quality carbohydrates include lentils and peas
- Omega 6 and 3 fatty acids for healthy skin and coat
- No corn, wheat or soy
Taste of the Wild Southwest Canyon is a delicious blend of wild boar, beef, eggs and lamb. This premium recipe mimics a diet from life in the wild that your Finnish Lapphund will appreciate.
- Added vitamins and minerals for balanced nutrition
- Superfoods, probiotics and fatty acids for improved health
- No grain, corn, wheat or fillers
Dog Food for Finnish Lapphund Buyer’s Guide
Your Finnish Lapphund is a hardy, muscular pup with amazing athletic ability, so the food you choose must support his energy needs, along with his strong muscular and cardiovascular systems. The right food will also help prevent any health issues from developing and of course, provide him with delicious meals every day. Finnish Lapphunds are a healthy breed overall, but are prone to gaining weight, so choosing the right recipe means looking for simple, quality ingredients that maintain a lean and healthy body. As with all dogs, you should choose a recipe that is designed for his age and activity level and is packed with additional vitamins and minerals for overall health.
Our buying guide reviews the best dog food for Finnish Lapphunds on the market so you can choose the right food for your dog. The following should be considered for your Finnish Lapphund’s specific needs and are included on most premium dog food recipes.
Wild and Wholeprey Recipes
Finnish Lapphunds are one of the oldest breeds in the world and have survived for thousands of years, so choose a recipe that appeals to their ancestry. This means recipes with real meat such as wild game, rabbit, wild-caught fish and free-run poultry. Wholeprey recipes contain all parts of the animal – meat, organs, cartilage and bone – and are considered an exceptional form of protein for your pup.
Your Lappie is not any more prone to developing food allergies than other dogs, but many pet parents choose to avoid common triggers as a precaution. If this is you, or you have noticed some itchy, red skin, you may want to try a limited ingredient or grain-free recipe. These recipes will help rule out any possible trigger foods. Other ingredients to avoid include corn, soy and wheat.
Other Health Considerations
Finnish Lapphunds need a high-protein diet to support their muscular bodies and energy needs. Look for recipes with 18 per cent protein at the very minimum. A well-balanced dog food will have adequate amounts of vitamins and minerals to support joint, heart, bone, skin and coat health. Omega-3 and omega 6 fatty acids from a source such as salmon oil will maintain your Lappie’s beautiful coat. Added superfoods such as blueberries and kale will provide antioxidants for immunity and probiotics and prebiotics will aid digestion.
- Best Dog Food
- Best Dry Dog Food
- Best Wet Dog Food
- Best Senior Dog Food
- Best Dog Food for Sensitive Stomachs
- Best Dog Food for Allergies
- Best Puppy Food for Finnish Lapphunds
- Best Dog Crate for Finnish Lapphunds
- Best Dog Bed for Finnish Lapphunds
- Best Dog Brush for Finnish Lapphunds
- Best Dog Toys for Finnish Lapphunds
- Best Dog Collar for Finnish Lapphunds
- Best Dog Harness for Finnish Lapphunds
- Best Dog Muzzle for Finnish Lapphunds
- Best Dog Shampoo for Finnish Lapphunds
- Best Training Book for Finnish Lapphunds