Best Dog Food for Finnish Spitz
Here are our dog food for Finnish Spitz reviews.
Earthborn Holistic Primitive Natural is a grain-free dry dog food that will appeal to your Finkie’s wild ancestry. Along with 38 per cent protein, this recipe features healthy fruits and vegetables such as blueberries, cranberries and spinach.
- Added vitamins and minerals for balanced nutrition
- L-Carnitine promotes lean muscle mass
- No grain, corn, wheat or fillers
Stella & Chewy’s Freeze-Dried Raw Dinner Patties is a top-quality choice for your special Finnish Spitz. This recipe contains 95 per cent meat, organs and bones. Available with premium meats such as venison, rabbit, duck or lamb.
- Grass-fed meat contains no added hormones or antibiotics
- Raw ingredients mimic diet in the wild for improved digestion and vitality
- Wholesome fruits and vegetables added for balanced nutrition
Whole Earth Farms Natural Dry Dog Food is a high-protein dog food made with pork, beef and lamb. Your Finnish Spitz will love this delicious recipe with added peas, sweet potatoes and apples.
- No corn, wheat, soy or by-products
- Enriched with vitamins and minerals for complete and balanced nutrition
- Also available in poultry or fish recipes
Wellness Core Rawrev is a premium dry dog food with 100% real freeze-dried raw lamb bites. This recipe with duck, turkey, wild boar and rabbit will remind your Finnish Spitz of his wild past.
- Freeze-dried meat provides safe way to introduce raw foods
- Grain, gluten and potato-free
- Enriched with antioxidants, prebiotics and probiotics
ORIJEN High-Protein Dry Dog Food is a premium grain-free recipe that contains quality meat ingredients such as free-run chicken, turkey and wild-caught fish. The fresh and raw animal ingredients contain meat, organs, cartilage and bone for added nutrition.
- 85% premium animal ingredients
- Enhanced with fruits, vegetables and botanicals
- Also includes nutritious cage-free eggs, herring and flounder
Dog Food for Finnish Spitz Buyer’s Guide
Choosing the right dog food for your Finnish Spitz is important because it needs to fuel his busy day as an active and energetic pup. Your Finkie will thrive with a premium commercial brand dog food made with high-quality protein sources with ingredients as close to nature as possible. Added nutrients in the form of fruits and vegetables, vitamins and minerals will round out his diet, and ensure he is getting everything he needs to stay in tip top shape. Finnish Spitz’ will especially love recipes that mimic their wild ancestor’s diets – such as wild game, rabbit and free-run poultry.
Our buying guide reviews the best dog food for Finnish Spitz on the market so you can choose the right food for your dog. The following should be considered for your Finkie’s specific needs and are included on most premium dog food recipes.
Protein and Energy Needs
Your Finnish Spitz loves protein from meat and fish sources, so choose high-quality real meat ingredients whenever possible. Meat or fish should be the first ingredient on the label. Choose a blend with at least 26 per cent protein, though this active pup can handle a recipe with more than 30 per cent protein. Great sources include wild game, pasture-raised lamb, free-run poultry and wild-caught fish. For optimal nutrition and taste, choose a recipe featuring wholeprey ingredients. These blends contain all parts of the animal – meat, organs, cartilage and bone – and are considered an exceptional form of protein for your pup.
Other Health Considerations
Your Finnish Spitz will benefit from certain added nutrients in his diet to keep him healthy and fit. Omega-3 and 6 fatty acids will keep his skin and beautiful coat healthy, along with adequate amounts of vitamin E. For bone health, find a recipe with the right balance of calcium, phosphorous and magnesium. Foods enriched with salmon oil, glucosamine and chondroitin are great to prevent your Finnish Spitz from developing joint issues, as your pup is prone to hip and knee dysplasia. Superfoods such blueberries and kale will provide antioxidants for immunity and probiotics and prebiotics will aid digestion. As always, choose a blend that contains no artificial preservatives, fillers or by-product meals.
- Best Dog Food
- Best Dry Dog Food
- Best Wet Dog Food
- Best Senior Dog Food
- Best Dog Food for Sensitive Stomachs
- Best Dog Food for Allergies
- Best Puppy Food for Finnish Spitz
- Best Dog Crate for Finnish Spitz
- Best Dog Bed for Finnish Spitz
- Best Dog Brush for Finnish Spitz
- Best Dog Toys for Finnish Spitz
- Best Dog Collar for Finnish Spitz
- Best Dog Harness for Finnish Spitz
- Best Dog Muzzle for Finnish Spitz
- Best Dog Shampoo for Finnish Spitz
- Best Training Book for Finnish Spitz