Best Dog Food for Great Pyrenees
Here are our dog food for Great Pyrenees reviews.
This Wellness CORE Grain-Free Dog Food is specially designed for large breeds, with optimum fat and calorie levels to maintain a healthy body weight. Each kibble is coated with probiotics after cooking for your Great Pyrenees’ digestive health. This real deboned chicken recipe also has tasty chicken and turkey meals for added flavor and nutrition.
- Hip and joint support from glucosamine and chondroitin
- Spinach, broccoli and kale for nutritious antioxidants
- Grain-free recipe for potential sensitivities
American Journey Large Breed Dry Dog Food offers excellent nutrition for your Great Pyrenees with real chicken as the first ingredient. This lean protein will help maintain the lean muscle mass of your Great Pyrenees. This grain-free mix also contains healthy peas, beet pulp and blueberries.
- Glucosamine and chondroitin for joint health
- Omega fatty acids for healthy skin and coat
- Fatty acid DHA for brain and vision support
NUTRO Wholesome Essentials is a large breed dry dog food made with real deboned farm-raised lamb as the first ingredient. This blend features non-GMO ingredients including whole brown rice and sweet potatoes. This blend has natural sources of glucosamine and chondroitin for optimal joint health.
- Essential fatty acids for skin and coat health
- Enriched with antioxidants and vitamin E
- Carrots, blueberries and apples for added nutrition
ORIJEN Fit & Trim is a high-protein, grain-free dry dog food with premium ingredients such as free-run chicken and turkey, wild-caught fish and cage-free eggs. Your Great Pyrenees will benefit from this recipe that supports lean muscle mass to maintain a healthy weight. Orijen sources regional ingredients for freshness and quality.
- 85% quality animal ingredients; fresh or raw
- Wholeprey diet includes organs, cartilage and bone
- Easy to digest with pumpkin, lentils and chickpeas
This Taste of the Wild Pacific Stream grain-free recipe features sustainably-sourced salmon and other nutritious fish meals. Salmon is a high-quality protein source and has omega fatty acids for your Great Pyrenees’ skin and coat health. A proprietary probiotic blend offers excellent digestive and immune system support.
- Dried chicory root to support digestive health
- 80 million live, active probiotic cultures per pound
- Egg-free recipe for sensitivities
Dog Food for Great Pyrenees Buyer’s Guide
Choosing the right dog food for your Great Pyrenees is an important decision, because he requires a dog food with an excellent nutritional profile to support his large size and health requirements. Most importantly, the recipe you choose should support lean muscle development, with high-quality protein sources. Your Great Pyrenees’ dog food should balance this protein with the right amounts of fat, fiber and healthy carbohydrates to give him vitality and fuel his lifestyle. These blends can sometimes be more expensive due to their premium ingredients, but you will notice a difference in your Great Pyrenees’s overall energy, skin and coat health and mobility.
Our buying guide reviews the best dog food for Great Pyrenees on the market so you can choose the right food for your dog. The following should be considered for your Great Pyrenees’ specific needs and are included on most large breed dog foods.
Supports Joint Health
An adult male Great Pyrenees can weigh up to 160 pounds at maturity, so maintaining a healthy weight is crucial to not strain his bones and joints. Choose a dog food with lean protein sources and lower levels of fat. Also look for recipes with no fillers such as corn gluten meal or other by-product meals, as these will only add extra weight and do not provide high-quality nutrition. Most large breed dog foods also contain added or natural sources of glucosamine and chondroitin to support healthy joints. This can be in the form of a supplement or naturally occurring from lamb or chicken meal, for example. Great Pyrenees’ will also need adequate levels calcium, phosphorous and vitamin D for bone health.
Other Health Considerations
Great Pyrenees need a good quality high-protein recipe to support their energy and muscular needs. Look for real meat as the first ingredient on the label, and choose lean sources such as poultry, wild game, lamb or fish. Wholeprey diet blends including the organs, cartilage and bone will provide natural sources of healthy vitamins and minerals to support your Great Pyrenees overall health needs. Your Pyr’s dog food should also have omega-3 and 6 fatty acids to support healthy skin and his luscious white coat.
- Best Dog Food
- Best Dry Dog Food
- Best Wet Dog Food
- Best Senior Dog Food
- Best Dog Food for Sensitive Stomachs
- Best Dog Food for Allergies
- Best Puppy Food for Great Pyrenees
- Best Dog Crate for Great Pyrenees
- Best Dog Bed for Great Pyrenees
- Best Dog Brush for Great Pyrenees
- Best Dog Toys for Great Pyrenees
- Best Dog Collar for Great Pyrenees
- Best Dog Harness for Great Pyrenees
- Best Dog Muzzle for Great Pyrenees
- Best Dog Shampoo for Great Pyrenees
- Best Training Book for Great Pyrenees