Do you own a Husky puppy and are looking for the perfect food that will support your furry friend’s health needs? When choosing your Husky’s food you must keep in mind that the most important nutrient to look for is a real, animal based protein. The reason this is so important is because Husky puppies are known for being an energetic breed and they need the extra energy the protein offers.
Below are the top five recommended dog foods for Husky puppies with a short item description to convince you why that dog food is above the average foods. At the end of the article is a buying guide which will offer you extra information about the various types of dog food for Husky puppies on the market and their various features.
Best Dog Foods for Husky Puppies
Here are our Husky puppy food reviews.
The Blue Buffalo Wilderness Dry Dog Food is made with real animal protein in the form of chicken as the main ingredient, ensuring your Husky’s quality protein. All the ingredients are natural for a healthy and safe dog food. The recipe is made completely grain free for Husky puppies with sensitive stomachs.
- Real chicken gives the food a pure animal sourced protein
- All natural dog food is safer than other average brands
- Grain free recipe allows dogs with sensitive stomachs or allergies to chow down
The Orijen Premium Quality Dry Dog Food is completely grain free for Husky puppies with sensitive stomachs or allergies. With six animal sources of protein, this food is high in quality protein. All ingredients are delivered to the kitchen fresh or raw for the best quality of food for your Husky.
- Grain free recipe allows for a safe food for dogs with sensitive stomachs
- Six animals sources of protein give the food the best possible protein
- Ingredients are fresh and raw when delivered to the kitchen
The Taste of the Wild High Protein Dry Dog Food is made with real salmon to ensure a high quality animal sourced protein for your Husky puppy. There is no grain, wheat, corn, filler or artificial flavors for a healthy dog food. Vitamins and nutrients are added to the recipe to further boost your Husky’s health.
- Real salmon as the main ingredient is a good source of animal protein
- With no harmful additives or ingredients the food is safe for your Husky
- Additional vitamins and nutrients offer your dog extra health benefits
The Merrick Raw Infused Dry Dog Food is completely grain free for Husky puppies with sensitive stomachs or allergies to chow down on. The recipe is gluten free, making the food easier to digest for your dog. With real chicken as the main ingredient, the food gives your Husky an animal sourced protein.
- Grain free for a healthy dog food for pups with sensitive stomachs
- Gluten free recipe is good for an easy to digest food
- Chicken gives the food an animal source of high quality protein
The Wellness Complete Health Natural Pet Food is made with real chicken, salmon and oatmeal for a well balanced dog food for your Husky. All ingredients used in the food are natural for a safe and healthy dog food. The dog food comes in various sizes for your various needs.
- Real animal sourced protein gives a balanced diet for your Husky
- All natural dog food for a healthy and safe dog food
- Food comes in five, fifteen, and thirty pound bags for a choice of size
Husky Puppy Food Buying Guide
As you can see from the above products, there are many different types of dog food for you to choose for your Husky. Each one has its own variety of features that make them good for your dog’s health. When buying a food for your Husky puppy, always be sure to check the ingredients list thoroughly. Manufacturers sometimes sneak the less than savory ingredients into the fine print, making it your job to check the food you are buying for ingredients that can cause illnesses.
Hypoallergenic is a term used often in both the medical field and the dog product industry. The term means the product it is attached to was designed to make the life of a person or animal with allergies easier. In the case of dog beds, it means the bed is made with fabrics or materials that repel irritants such as dust mites. In the case of dog food it means all the ingredients used are picked for their unlikeliness to cause an allergic reaction in your Husky.
Limited Ingredient dog food is exactly what it sounds like. Generally for a food to be a limited ingredient the total amount of them must be below ten. The most common amount of ingredients are four to eight, with occasional exceptions. A limited ingredient dog food is great for owners of Husky puppies who have allergies. All you have to do is check the short list of ingredients to see if that dog food will work for your furry friend.
Soy, Wheat and Corn Free
These terms confuse many pet owners when they see them. Soy, wheat and corn are all important to our diets so why is it such a big thing that your Husky’s food doesn’t have them in it? The answer is simple, for the same reason some humans can’t eat these ingredients dogs can’t either. Some dogs have allergies which limit their diets while others have sensitive stomachs, and the above three ingredients tend to be on the heavier side.
Having an all natural dog food severely reduces the risk of harmful chemicals being included in your Husky’s food. While it doesn’t completely get rid of the risk of allergic reactions, as some allergies are to natural fruits or veggies, this food does lower it. You should always start a new food slowly, with small portions in your Husky’s previous food, to be sure there are no negative reactions.
Holistic Dog Food
This is a term not many pet owners know the meaning of, despite it being used fairly commonly in dog food. Holistic dog food merely means the food is completely balanced in its nutrients and vitamins. This may not seem like an important feature but consider what happens when one vitamin is thrown off in the human body. There is a wide range of effects that can happen ranging from mildly irritating to extremely dangerous. The same can be said for your Husky.
- Best Dog Food
- Best Dry Dog Food
- Best Wet Dog Food
- Best Senior Dog Food
- Best Dog Food for Sensitive Stomachs
- Best Dog Food for Allergies
- Best Dog Food for Huskies
- Best Dog Crate for Huskies
- Best Dog Bed for Huskies
- Best Dog Brush for Huskies
- Best Dog Toys for Huskies
- Best Dog Collar for Huskies
- Best Dog Harness for Huskies
- Best Dog Muzzle for Huskies
- Best Dog Shampoo for Huskies