If you are looking for a blend of social and hunting ability in dogs, you might want to settle for an Irish setter. Not just that, Irish setters possess a degree of smartness every pet owner admires. Like every other dog, they require the best quality of food to stay on top of their game. Here is a little tip as regards what top formulas for your Irish setter:
Best Dog Food for Irish Setters
Here is our dog food for Irish setter reviews.
This formula is chiefly composed of lamb meat as its animal protein. Other ingredients include brown rice, chicken fat, beet pup, ground rice, and natural pork flavor. Vitamins and minerals are also present to make it a balanced meal for Irish setter.
- Easy to digest
- Devoid of preservative
- Free of grains and other by-products
The highly delicious and crunchy Purina ONE Smart Blend is a darling to adult Irish setter. It contains locally grown chicken, slow-digesting grains (such as wheat), vitamins, and antioxidants. This formula might predispose allergic reactions in some dogs.
- For dogs over the age of seven (especially)
- Contain antioxidant necessary for the immune system support
- Digestion might be a bit slow
Pedigree is a combination of protein, carbohydrates, and veggies. Many dog owners love it because it comes in four different natural flavors. Hence, you can choose which flavor best suits your Irish Setter.
- Contains a high level of omega-6 fatty acids
- Devoid of synthesized flavor and sugar
- Have various animal protein sources
4. Royal Canin
The Royal Canin is precisely one of the best and popular formulas for Irish setter. The kibble feed has a smooth texture, satisfying aroma, and desirable flavor. It can take the form of wet or dry food.
- Highly palatable and easy to digest
- High in protein
- Boasts of standard level of DHA and EPA
The Hill’s Science Diet Dry Dog Food like every other Hill’s science formula boasts of top quality protein and fiber. It is composed of protein, vitamins, omega-6 fatty acids and antioxidants. The formula is an excellent choice for Irish setter with mobility issues.
- Made chiefly of natural ingredients
- Improves mobility
- Has a great taste
Dog Food for Irish Setters Buyer’s Guide
Irish setters have specific nutritional requirements to keep them healthy. Thus, you have to pay attention to certain factors when shopping for the right food for Irish setters.
Always be on the watch for formulas with more protein, adequate carb, fats, vitamins, and minerals. These ingredients work hand-in-hand to enhance growth and improve the immune system. You can also seek advice from a veterinary doctor.
Irish setters need to feed twice daily. Although this might not be the case at all times. Every pet owner should have a feeding routine for his or her dog. This is something you should be able to do with little or no help from an expert. Implementing a routine makes it easy to detect any form of weakness or strange response from your Irish setter.
While on the lookout, the best dog food, breaking the bank is not necessarily an option. Once you have carried out your ingredient and allergy checks and it is a green, you should check if the price is within your budget or not. The good thing about dog food is that there is always one for everyone.
- Best Dog Food
- Best Dry Dog Food
- Best Wet Dog Food
- Best Senior Dog Food
- Best Dog Food for Sensitive Stomachs
- Best Dog Food for Allergies
- Best Puppy Food for Irish Setters
- Best Dog Crate for Irish Setters
- Best Dog Bed for Irish Setters
- Best Dog Brush for Irish Setters
- Best Dog Toys for Irish Setters
- Best Dog Collar for Irish Setters
- Best Dog Harness for Irish Setters
- Best Dog Muzzle for Irish Setters
- Best Dog Shampoo for Irish Setters