Your hardy Lakeland Terrier is a robust little dog, who loves to be active and play. Choosing the right food for him can seem like a daunting task, given the multitude of options on the market today. Most importantly, your Lakeland Terrier will need a dog food that is high in protein and suitable for active dogs. Choose a high-quality brand designed for small breeds, and you can be sure he is getting everything he needs to live a long and happy life.
Best Dog Food for Lakeland Terriers
Here are our dog food for Lakeland Terriers reviews.
CANIDAE PURE Petite Salmon Formula is a premium grain-free recipe with limited ingredients. This freeze-dried, raw-coated dog food is designed for adult small breeds. This high-quality blend includes just eight key ingredients, including fresh salmon as the first one.
- Fresh salmon is raw coated for excellent flavor
- Whole peas, lentils and garbanzo beans for digestion
- Enriched with probiotics, antioxidants and omega 3 & 6 fatty acids
Natural Balance Limited Ingredient Diet dog food is a premium blend designed for small dogs like Lakeland Terriers with possible food sensitivities. This simple recipe has lamb and brown rice for great protein and easy digestion. Omega-6 and Omega-3 fatty acids will keep your Lakie’s skin and coat healthy.
- Small breed kibble for small jaws
- No added legumes, corn, wheat or soy
- Also available in fish or chicken recipes
Wellness Core Small Breed Rawrev Dog Food offers a high-protein kibble with real raw freeze-dried turkey bites. This blend supports lean muscles, healthy weight and a nourished coat for your Lakeland Terrier. Raw food provides protein, enzymes and minerals in their most natural state.
- First ingredient is real, deboned turkey
- Optimal protein, fat and calories for active small breeds.
- Grain-free recipe for sensitivities
Solid Gold Wee Bit Holistic Dry Dog Food is a premium blend of real bison, brown rice and pearled barley. This blend is rich in protein and fiber for your Lakeland Terrier’s overall health. This recipe has balanced levels of protein, fat and fiber for small dogs.
- Functional superfoods such as carrot, pumpkin and blueberries
- Tiny kibble pieces for easy pick up
- Added probiotics stay viable until consumed
Stella and Chewy’s Lil’ Bites Little Lamb Recipe is designed for small breeds like Lakeland Terriers with its small freeze-dried raw kibble. This premium recipe has real lamb as the first ingredient, along with organic cranberries, spinach and other nutritious fruits and vegetables. Lil’ Bites are also available in chicken or beef recipes.
- Minimally processed for easy digestion
- Chia seed and coconut flour for healthy skin and coat
- 95% meat ingredients, including organs and bone
Dog Food for Lakeland Terriers Buyer’s Guide
Feeding your Lakeland Terrier the right diet is essential for long-term health and vitality. Your energetic pup needs a healthy, high-protein recipe that is packed with nutritious fruits and vegetables to support his needs. Lakeland Terriers need adequate bone and joint support, especially in their older years.
It’s also important your pup does not gain too much weight, as obesity can lead to serious complications for your Lakie. Small breeds like Lakeland Terriers need a dog food that provides the right levels of protein, fat, carbohydrate and fiber for their unique energy and health requirements.
Our buying guide reviews the best dog food for Lakeland Terriers on the market so you can choose the right recipe for your dog. The following considerations should be made when choosing which dog food is best for your Lakeland Terrier.
Supporting Joint Health
Lakeland Terriers can develop issues with their hips and joints, so choosing a food that provides muskoskeletal support is important. This can be in the form of added glucosamine and chondroitin, or from natural sources.
These will help build cartilage and tissue in your Lakeland Terrier’s joints. Omega-3 fatty acids will also support joint health, as well as a recipe that promotes lean muscle development, to prevent the added joint stress from being overweight.
Other Health Considerations
Choose a recipe that contains protein from a lean source, such as chicken, turkey, fish or wild game to keep your Lakeland Terrier’s weight in check. Real meat or fish should be the first ingredient on the label. His small size means he will get full quickly, so avoid fillers and poultry by-product meals to ensure the recipe is filled only with what your pup needs, and nothing he doesn’t.
The formula you choose should contain at least 25 per cent protein to support your active pup’s energy needs. Some dogs, including Lakeland Terriers, develop sensitivities to grain or other allergens in food.
These sensitivities can present in skin irritations, so if you are concerned or suspect an allergy, consider a limited-ingredient recipe or a grain-free blend to rule out any potential triggers. Omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids and vitamin E will help reduce skin irritations and support a healthy coat and skin as well.
- Best Dog Food
- Best Dry Dog Food
- Best Wet Dog Food
- Best Senior Dog Food
- Best Dog Food for Sensitive Stomachs
- Best Dog Food for Allergies
- Best Puppy Food for Lakeland Terriers
- Best Dog Crate for Lakeland Terriers
- Best Dog Bed for Lakeland Terriers
- Best Dog Brush for Lakeland Terriers
- Best Dog Toys for Lakeland Terriers
- Best Dog Collar for Lakeland Terriers
- Best Dog Harness for Lakeland Terriers
- Best Dog Muzzle for Lakeland Terriers
- Best Dog Shampoo for Lakeland Terriers
- Best Training Book for Lakeland Terriers