Highly sensitive and super intelligent Lhasa Apsos are miniature dogs found in the Buddhist monasteries of Himalaya. Long ago, the royal people and monks bred these exceptional Lhasa Apso for guarding the palaces and monasteries. Due to their alertness and keen observation power, these Lhasa Apsos make excellent family watchdogs, and they are pretty serious about their job. Though the long hair of the Lhasa Apso touches the feet of these dogs, they are low maintenance, and for novice owners, these dogs are ideal.
The Lhasa Apsos are found in the icy cold mountains; because of their double coat, these Lhasa Apsos do well in the cold temperature. They need nutritious food to keep them warm and supply their body enough energy to take up heavy-duty tasks.
Best Dog Foods for Lhasa Apsos
Here are our dog foods for Lhasa Apsos reviews.
1. Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula Dog Food
This Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula Adult Chicken & Brown Rice Recipe Dry Dog Food can be a perfect choice for the well being of your adult Lhasa Apso. This mineral-rich diet is good for brain development. It doesn’t contain any poultry by-products or soy products.
- The rosemary oil acts as an organic preservative for the food.
- It contains multiple fruits like cranberries, blueberries, etc.
- It includes glucosamine, which is essential for bone health.
2. American Journey Active Life Dog Food
This wholesome diet of American Journey Active Life Formula Salmon, Brown Rice & Vegetables Recipe Dry Dog Food combines multiple quality ingredients menhaden fish, peas, alfalfa meal, etc. To make it extra tasty, the food combines chicken fat. It takes a good dose of mixed tocopherol to preserve this fatty ingredient.
- Dried egg product makes the food protein-rich.
- The fiber-rich diet is pretty easy to digest.
- Both the omega fatty acids are responsible for promoting a lustrous coat.
3. Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Hydrolyzed Protein Adult HP Dry Dog Food
This vet-approved Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Hydrolyzed Protein Adult HP Dry Dog Food is great for both gastrointestinal and dermatological health. This vitamin E rich food creates a protective barrier around the skin. Fish oil nourishes the entire body as it contains fatty acids.
- There is around 10% moisture in the food.
- This hydrolyzed diet combines both vitamin B and vitamin C.
- It takes your Lhasa Apso at least a week to switch to this diet.
4. Purina Beneful Healthy Weight Dog Food
This calorie-smart Purina Beneful Healthy Weight with Farm-Raised Chicken Dry Dog Food will fill your Lhasa Apso with stamina, energy, and required nutritions. The food is packed with chicken, soybean meal, oatmeal, etc. Dried carrots and apples make the meal good for the eyes.
- Beef fat adds a unique flavor to the food.
- This 307 Kcal/ cup diet is ideal for weight watchers.
- Vitamin K is good for blood circulation in your Lhasa Apso’s body.
5. VICTOR Hi-Pro Plus Formula Dry Dog Food
This nutrient-dense VICTOR Hi-Pro Plus Formula Dry Dog Food has been designed with four kinds of meats such as beef, pork, fish, and chicken. The spearmint and green tea extracts make the food flavourful. Calcium strengthens the bone and makes the joints flexible.
- 2 cups full of this dry food is appropriate for its daily diet.
- It is fortified with multiple minerals, antioxidants, and prebiotics.
- This food features yeast and tomato pomace.
Dog Foods For Lhasa Apsos Buyer’s Guide
The 9 to 11 inches high Lhasa Apsos are earthly representatives of the gracious snow lion who is known as the protector of the country as per the Tibetan mythology. Though these small Lhasa Apsos do not look fierce at all, they are very sincere guard dogs, and with a Lhasa Apso on duty, no intruder can enter your home. The comical Lhasa Apsos love to entertain their onlookers, and most of the time, they are seen playing with their tails. The bossy Lhasa Apsos think of themselves as a big gun, and they barely tolerate anyone who doesn’t give them the attention they require. To take care of these Lhasa Apsos, you need to feed them a bowl full of a nutritious diet and groom their fur more often. For those who are about to purchase adult dog food for the very first time, we have a few tips for them.
Like humans, dogs also have preferences regarding their food. Though most dogs crave meat and fish meals, these high protein diets are not good for your Lhasa Apso when it is sick. For its sick days, you need to have vegan dog food at home.
Other than veg and non-veg diet, dog foods can also be classified on the basis of their consistency. There is wet and dry food, canned food etc. The first two types of such food satisfy the thirst of your Lhasa Apso as these are both water-based diets.
A good meal should include a balanced ratio of protein, vitamin, fat, mineral, and carbohydrate. For protein, the manufacturers add different kinds of meat like chicken, turkey, duck, pork, beef, etc. As fats make food extra delicious, some companies are also adding extra chicken fat and beef fat. To keep the Lhasa Apsos healthy and immune in the long run, you need to feed it the commercial foods with real fruits, green vegetables, botanical extracts, dried chicory root, and so on.
It is not possible to add an appropriate amount of mineral to home-cooked food; that is why it would be wise of you to stick to commercial adult dog foods only. These food packets are full of minerals like selenium, calcium, potassium. Phosphorous, sodium, and so on.
If you are a novice owner, please choose dog food from one of the best selling brands. This way, you will always be sure about the quality of the food, and it will leave you with enough time to focus on grooming or training your Lhasa Apso.
We are quite hopeful that you will make a wise choice for the dog food with all these instructions on your mind. If any doubt occurs to you, contact us.
- Best Dog Food
- Best Dry Dog Food
- Best Wet Dog Food
- Best Senior Dog Food
- Best Dog Food for Sensitive Stomachs
- Best Dog Food for Allergies
- Best Puppy Food for Lhasa Apsos
- Best Dog Crate for Lhasa Apsos
- Best Dog Bed for Lhasa Apsos
- Best Dog Brush for Lhasa Apsos
- Best Dog Toys for Lhasa Apsos
- Best Dog Collar for Lhasa Apsos
- Best Dog Harness for Lhasa Apsos
- Best Dog Muzzle for Lhasa Apsos
- Best Dog Shampoo for Lhasa Apsos
- Best Training Book for Lhasa Apsos