Described as “fluffballs,” Morkies were developed in the 1990s as friendly and affectionate lap dogs. Evolved by cross-breeding Maltese and Yorkshire Terriers, they have inherited the energy and stubbornness of Terriers. They are attention seekers, just like Maltese.
Though a healthy breed, they are prone to some health conditions like weight gain. Ensuring your Morkie’s health, we have reviewed some of the best dog food for your Morkshire Terrier.
Best Dog Foods for Morkies
Here are our dog foods for Morkies reviews.
1. Taste of the Wild High Prairie Grain-Free Dry Dog Food
Fulfill all the nutritional requirements of your Morkie with Taste of the Wild High Prairie Grain-Free Dry Dog Food. The recipe includes peas and sweet potatoes, which strengthen their digestive system. Further, this highly nutritious diet provides antioxidant support to your Morkie.
- First ingredients like bison and buffalo meat, provide them with the required energy.
- K9 probiotics improve digestion.
- Does not contain unhealthy elements like grains, fillers, and artificial flavors.
2. American Journey Salmon & Sweet Potato Recipe Grain-free Dry Dog Food
Keep your Morkie happy and healthy with American Journey Salmon & Sweet Potato Recipe Grain-Free Dry Dog Food. It contains all the ingredients like protein, vitamins, and minerals necessary for their healthy development and growth. The wholesome veggies provide a diet that is easy to digest and high in energy.
- DHA from salmon oil is excellent for brain and eye development.
- Antioxidants enrich their immunity.
- Amino acids, along with protein, provide lean muscles.
3. Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula Adult Chicken & Brown Rice Recipe Dry Dog Food
With a perfect combination of LifeSource Bits and other nutrients, Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula Adult Chicken & Brown Rice Recipe Dry Dog Food is an apt choice for your Morkie. This diet is rich in protein as well as antioxidants, which provides them with an appropriate amount of energy. The diet also includes important ingredients like vitamins and chelated minerals for added benefits.
- Also rich in calcium and phosphorus.
- Glucosamine in the ingredient enables mobility support.
- Does not contain potential allergens.
4. Purina Pro Plan Adult Shredded Blend Chicken & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food
Ensure an optimum protein-to-fat ratio for your Morkie with Purina Pro Plan Adult Shredded Blend Chicken & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food. It fulfills their energy requirements but does not make them prone to being overweight. This wholesome diet has 26% protein for ensured nourishment.
- Probiotics encourage better digestion.
- Enticing shredded texture of the kibbles.
- Vitamin A and omega fatty acids help improve coat health.
5. Merrick Real Texas Beef + Sweet Potato Recipe Grain-Free Dry Dog Food
Need a high protein diet for your Morkie’s growth? Merrick Real Texas Beef + Sweet Potato Recipe Grain-Free Dry Dog Food solves your problem with 65% protein content. It also fulfills other dietary requirements of your Morkie in the remaining 35%, which includes vitamins, minerals, omega fatty acids, and antioxidants.
- Gluten-free as well as a grain-free recipe.
- Contains glucosamine and chondroitin for joints support.
- Healthy fats maintain their optimum weight.
Dog Foods For Morkies Buyer’s Guide
This small-sized but energetic breed needs an appropriate amount of calories to prevent them from getting overweight. There are variations in diet due to various factors, including physical activity, health, weight, and age. Moreover, regular veterinary check-ups are necessary to maintain a healthy diet. The detailed discussion of the few of the most important factors will help you find a perfect dog food for your Morkie.
Dry dog food is appropriate for your Morkie, and it will also save you money. Some specialized food for added purposes may cost a little extra, but it is not needed until you are feeding your Morkie with a balanced diet. You can also take advantage of discounts.
Your Morkie requires all the essential nutrition to help them maintain good health. An optimal amount of calories is important to keep them from getting overweight. Further, a protein-rich diet will keep their muscles lean, and the vitamins and minerals will provide them with energy. The recipes that include vegetables, blueberries, and dried kelp are rich in antioxidants and fibers, making it easy to digest. The chelated amino acids increase their immunity, and omega fatty acids take care of their coat. However, there should be some precautions regarding the ingredient. You should avoid fillers, grains, and any chemical ingredient to enable proper digestion without causing any allergies.
The dietary requirements of your Morkie vary from puppyhood to adulthood, which continues until old age. While a puppy requires more frequent feeding with less food, the adults need more food but within longer gaps. Further, a high protein diet is also necessary at this growing age.
Morkies are prone to getting overweight if not fed with a balanced diet. An irregular diet with a high quantity of fillers is likely to be the primary cause of excessive weight gain. Therefore, you should avoid filler containing recipes at any cost.
It is also necessary to avoid any ingredient that can be a reason for their allergies. Consulting a veterinarian is the best possible solution for this.
Dry dog food- With high-calorie density, dry dog food not only saves your money but also keeps your Morkie from boredom. You can add water to the dry dog food according to the need, which prevents your Morkie from unnecessary ingredients. It also allows you to add supplements.
Wet dog food- It had relatively low-calorie density and high water capacity. This makes it highly digestible, but you cannot change the quantity of water in wet dog food. Therefore, try to choose dry dog food over wet dog food.
- Best Dog Food
- Best Dry Dog Food
- Best Wet Dog Food
- Best Senior Dog Food
- Best Dog Food for Sensitive Stomachs
- Best Dog Food for Allergies
- Best Puppy Food for Morkies
- Best Dog Crate for Morkies
- Best Dog Bed for Morkies
- Best Dog Brush for Morkies
- Best Dog Toys for Morkies
- Best Dog Collar for Morkies
- Best Dog Harness for Morkies
- Best Dog Muzzle for Morkies
- Best Dog Shampoo for Morkies
- Best Training Book for Morkies