Active and intelligent Norfolk Terrier dogs can be distinguished from other typical terriers with their floppy ears and soft temperament. These hard coated Terrier dogs were developed in the northern part of England’s capital city for ratting and fox bolting. These knee-high Terriers are quite outdoorsy and have a tendency to dig when they suffer from boredom.
Their exceptional fondness towards their guardian and eagerness to please the children make them a wonderful family pet. In their long lifespan, these dogs require enormous exercise and training to remain fit and healthy. So, proper and high-quality dog food is a necessity to boost its energy level and stamina.
Best Dog Foods for Norfolk Terriers
Here are our dog foods for Norfolk Terriers reviews.
This delicious Taste of the Wild High Prairie Grain-Free Dry Dog Food takes care of your little Norfolk Terrier’s nutritional requirement. The abundance of peas, sweet potato, and other natural fiber maintains a healthy digestive system. If you feed your Norfolk Terrier this tasty dry food, the vegetables and fruits will build antioxidant support in its body.
- Protein-rich ingredients such as roasted venison and beef promote strong muscle.
- Added vitamins create an immunity shield against germs.
- This grain-free dry food doesn’t contain corn, wheat, or any soy product.
This nutritious American Journey Salmon & Sweet Potato Recipe Grain-Free Dry Dog Food fills your adorable Norfolk Terrier with boundless energy and stamina. The salmon as the first ingredient of the food meets the amino acids’ requirement in the dog’s body. Apart from salmon and chicken meal; carrots, blueberries, dried kelp, and many other natural items sharpen dogs’ eyesight.
- This commercial food has been manufactured in Kansas city of the USA.
- After the first use, the food can be preserved up to 8 weeks.
- This product is designed in such a way that both puppies and adults can enjoy it.
This lip-smacking Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula Adult Chicken & Brown Rice Recipe Dry Dog Food is specially designed for hyperactive dogs like Norfolk Terriers who need high-calorie food twice or thrice a day to supply them an enormous amount of energy. It also combines oatmeal, flaxseed, peas, tomatoes, and other garden veggies along with chicken and rice. This healthy meal comprises a decent amount of glucosamine.
- The food is instrumental in taking care of joint health.
- It provides prebiotic support to dogs.
- The calcium and potassium maintain proper oral health.
This nutrient-rich Purina Pro Plan Adult Sensitive Skin & Stomach Salmon & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food is an excellent choice for small breeds like Norfolk Terriers. Your Terrier will crave this food that features the flavor of beef, fish and salmon, and other grains. This unique dog food is specially designed for sensitive stomachs.
- The food consists of a major amount of omega fatty acids.
- The abundance of zinc nourishes its delicate skin and makes the coat look shiny.
- It helps your Terrier have a clean gut.
This mindfully formulated Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Gastrointestinal Low Fat Dry Dog Food keeps your Norfolk Terrier’s little tummy full for long hours. This vet-recommended food keeps your Terrier at bay from vomiting, diarrhea, and other gastrointestinal problems. This extraordinary dog food is instrumental enough in brain development.
- The low-fat formula of the food diminishes the chance of obesity in dogs.
- The excess amount of carbohydrates increases its calorific value.
- The dietary fibers make the bowel movement regular and stool odor-free.
Dog Foods For Norfolk Terrier Buyer’s Guide
Although Norfolk Terrier dogs barely cross the height of 10 inches, at times, these dogs eat more than dogs of large breeds. To satisfy their frequent appetites, it is necessary to give them high fiber foods so that they feel full for a long time. These working terrier dogs are seen most of the time helping their immediate family, playing on their own, or digging holes to their heart’s content. These activities drain a huge amount of energy from these little dogs, and that is why they get hungry more often.
You can feed them both home-cooked food or packet food, but keep in mind; it should be well balanced in nutrition and minerals. Here we have tried to guide you with all the important details about dog food.
Dogs have a hereditary love for meat. Be it lamb meat, chicken meal, or beef, all these animal meats make the commercial dog food more savory and protein-rich. Fish and vegetables are also common ingredients of dog food these days. Keeping in mind the well being of Norfolk Terriers, some sellers are adding real fruits in dog food. If you are buying such food for the first time, make sure you are well aware of the allergens specific to your Norfolk Terrier.
Nowadays, there are plenty of dog foods available in the market, of which some contain energy less than 350 Kcal per cup. As these dogs need high energy to keep them alive and kicking, try to shortlist those foods with more than 400 Kcal per cup value. Norfolk terriers often suffer from genetic diseases related to eye and bones. That is why they should be fed foods that combine a huge amount of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
It is necessary to mention that overeating can cause them obesity and unexpected weight gains. To keep the weight under check, go for natural fiber foods mostly.
Some manufacturers are in the habit of putting artificial preservatives and flavors in dog food. While shopping these items, read the rear side of the food packet attentively. If you find any such artificial preservative, feel free to ditch that brand right away.
Here, we have garnered all the necessary details about dog foods and the buyer’s guide in this review. We sincerely hope that if you strictly follow these steps, you will land on the right dog food for your Norfolk Terrier.
- Best Dog Food
- Best Dry Dog Food
- Best Wet Dog Food
- Best Senior Dog Food
- Best Dog Food for Sensitive Stomachs
- Best Dog Food for Allergies
- Best Puppy Food for Norfolk Terriers
- Best Dog Crate for Norfolk Terriers
- Best Dog Bed for Norfolk Terriers
- Best Dog Brush for Norfolk Terriers
- Best Dog Toys for Norfolk Terriers
- Best Dog Collar for Norfolk Terriers
- Best Dog Harness for Norfolk Terriers
- Best Dog Muzzle for Norfolk Terriers
- Best Dog Shampoo for Norfolk Terriers
- Best Training Book for Norfolk Terriers