Norwegian Lundehunds are small yet active dogs that are energetic, smart, and very personable. They used to be bred for hunting Puffins on rocky Norwegian islands. With a breed as unique and rare as the Norwegian Lundehund, you want to make sure that they are getting the best form of nutrition that is possible.
You want your small friend to have the best food possible, which is hard to decide on from the multitude of choices out there. You need not worry since we are here to help.
Best Dog Foods for Norwegian Lundehunds
Here are our dog food for Norwegian Lundehunds reviews.
Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula for your adult Norwegian Lundehund will look after their holistic well-being. It is made from the best ingredients available with a Super 7 package of ingredients rich with antioxidants. The recipe also comes added with LifeSource Bits, a blend of nutrients to enhance your Norwegian Lundehund’s health and life.
- Micronutrients for strong bones, teeth health, and joint health
- No chicken or poultry by-product meal
- Omega Fatty acids to promote a shiny coat and healthy skin along with better brain development
Taste of the Wild High Prairie delivers highly digestible energy for your Norwegian Lundehund. Satisfying all the natural cravings of your dog, this recipe is filled with high-quality protein, real vegetables and fruits, and legumes for their health benefits. It also comes in seven other flavors that you can switch between to prevent any food allergies.
- Chelated micronutrients for maximum benefit and absorption
- Prebiotic support for digestion with a large number of antioxidants for immunity
- A proprietary blend of K9 strain probiotic just for dogs to help with gut health
American Journey provides nutritious nourishment for all the adventures of your Norwegian Lundehund. American Journey is meant for small to medium breeds, with special small-sized kibbles for their smaller mouths. High in protein, fat, and fiber, this recipe will help your Norwegian Lundehund have healthy bones, grow muscles, and shine their coat.
- Free from corn, wheat, and soy to prevent food allergies and useless fillers
- Full of antioxidant-rich foods to boost the immune system
- Added micronutrients for better joint health
If your Norwegian Lundehund appears to have some sort of food sensitivity, then Zignature Trout & Salmon Limited Ingredients Formula is for you. It will provide all the necessary nutrition for your dog but make sure that they don’t suffer from the effects of any allergy. It also comes in 3 other flavors that you switch out to keep your Norwegian Lundehund happy with the variety.
- Free from common canine allergens: chicken, dairy, soy, wheat, and corn
- Single protein source with limited ingredients formula for picky and sensitive dogs
- Low glycemic nutrition with Omega Acids and antioxidants
Stella and Chewy’s Dog Food provides all the necessary nutrition that your Norwegian Lundehund needs at all stages of growth, from a puppy to a senior. They are certified by AAFCO. With a large percentage of protein in the recipe, it is perfect for smaller breeds like the Norwegian Lundehund.
- Enhanced with probiotics to help with digestion
- No grains, glutens, fillers, and artificial preservatives
- Uses 95% cage-free chicken and 100% organic fruits and vegetables
Dog Food for Norwegian Lundehund Buyer’s Guide
The Norwegian Lundehund is a small breed that grows up to be around 20-30 lbs when fully grown. Since these dogs are only moderately active, care must be taken to never overfeed them. Norwegian Lundehunds require their daily exercise to be in their best shape. Norwegian Lundehunds are extremely mobile and flexible.
So, to ensure you are buying the right dig food, you must go through are guidelines which we have discussed in our buyer’s guide.
For a moderately active yet small breed like the Norwegian Lundehund, you want to make sure that what you’re feeding them is high in good quality protein. Norwegian Lundehund puppies especially need an adequate amount of protein intake to grow and remain healthy. A large amount of protein is essential during the growing phase of your Norwegian Lundehund.
On the other hand, Carbohydrates are mostly unnecessary for a small breed like the Norwegian Lundehund. Proteins are more calorie-dense and nutritious for them. These calories are also used more efficiently by them.
Other essential nutrients like Omega Acids and vitamins like calcium and phosphorus also should be an essential part of any dog’s diet. This is especially true for the Norwegian Lundehund, who require a good amount of protein and Omega Acids to maintain good joint mobility and bone health.
Probiotics and antioxidants also play a large part in making your Norwegian Lundehund’s immune system strong by helping their digestive system.
The first thing you want to be sure about is to see that the first few listed ingredients should be an animal-based protein source. This is because the dog food ingredients labels are ordered by weight descendingly. Your Norwegian Lundehund requires the amino acids provided by animal-based protein to remain healthy and active.
So always choose a recipe that lists good quality meats as the first few ingredients.
You also want to avoid dog foods that contain fillers like corn, wheat, soy, and other forms of cheap carbohydrates. These are not only low-quality ingredients when it comes to dog food but also cause your dog discomfort with digestion, as they are common food allergens for canines too.
Finally, you always want to make sure that whatever dog food you’re feeding is certified by AAFCO (Association of American Feed Control Officials). Never feed your dog any food that doesn’t meet the standards set by AAFCO.
AAFCO also certifies dog food by which stage of growth they are meant for. Only feed your Norwegian Lundehund food, which is appropriate for their life stage. Do not feed your Norwegian Lundehund puppies food that is certified by AAFCO for Adult Maintenance, for example. Always check the product’s packaging for a nutritional standards label from AAFCO.
All the products listed in our review are certified by AAFCO.
- Best Dog Food
- Best Dry Dog Food
- Best Wet Dog Food
- Best Senior Dog Food
- Best Dog Food for Sensitive Stomachs
- Best Dog Food for Allergies
- Best Puppy Food for Norwegian Lundehunds
- Best Dog Crate for Norwegian Lundehunds
- Best Dog Bed for Norwegian Lundehunds
- Best Dog Brush for Norwegian Lundehunds
- Best Dog Toys for Norwegian Lundehunds
- Best Dog Collar for Norwegian Lundehunds
- Best Dog Harness for Norwegian Lundehunds
- Best Dog Muzzle for Norwegian Lundehunds
- Best Dog Shampoo for Norwegian Lundehunds
- Best Training Book for Norwegian Lundehunds