The majority of dogs will eat whatever you put into their dog bowl. If it smells even remotely delicious, they’re going to eat it.
However, not all dogs are created equal. Like humans, there are some dogs that are picky eaters. What do you do about those dogs? You get them the best dog food for picky eaters.
We’ve gone through dozens of dog foods that claim they’re for picky eaters to find the absolute best ones for even the pickiest eaters. Our reviews are based on a mix of ingredients, brand reputation, quality, quantity, price, and Amazon reviews.
Best Dog Food for Picky Eaters
Here are the 11 best dog foods for picky eaters.
Dr. Harvey all-natural formula uses only granulated ingredients, aiding in digestion and satisfying even picky eaters. The recipe also contains ingredients formulated to ease allergies, itchy skin and rashes. And, the highly nutritious base also aids in weight loss, as it packs no fillers.
- Dr. Harvey’s uses only granulated ingredients, making it an especially great choice for picky eaters.
- The formula aids in weight loss by providing a lower calorie, highly nutritious base.
- The all-natural formula helps to treat and eliminate allergies, including itching, skin redness, and rashes.
Bil-Jac Picky No More is a specially formulated for picky eaters. The unique recipe uses fresh, farm-raised ingredients and every bag contains about five pounds of chicken. The nutria-lock low-temperature, vacuum-drying process extracts moisture from the ingredients to give the strongest flavor.
- Bil-Jac uses fresh, farm-raised chicken as the first ingredient.
- Bil Jac’s nutria-lock low-temperature and vacuum-drying process extracts moisture from the ingredients for a hearty taste.
- The special recipe in Bil Jac’s uses naturally-sourced Omega-3 and 6 fatty acids.
The Basics is an easy-to-serve powder that blends with kibble so dogs can’t separate the flavors. To maintain the highest quality, Basics is made in an FDA approved facility with human ingredients. No added fillers of corn, rice or wheat offer dogs the highest nutrition.
- Basics formula is made in an FDA registered facility with all human-grade ingredients.
- This hearty bone broth is also packed with amino acids and collagen that help support healthy joints and improved digestion.
- The formula uses no wheat, soy, corn or rice.
Green Cow can be used as a topper or a meal unto itself. Made in the United States, which uses beef tripe as the first ingredient. Solid Gold uses only holistic ingredients and stands by their quality with a 100% guarantee.
- Solid Gold Green Cow is manufactured in the United States.
- Solid Gold uses US sourced beef tripe as the #1 ingredient.
- This recipe is free of carrageenan, gluten, wheat and artificial coloring, flavors or preservatives
Herbsmith uses only human-grade ingredients, including raw meat and real vegetables. And, Herbsmith uses a freeze-drying process to preserve the natural flavors. Herbsmith is also proudly made in the USA in Herbsmith’s Wisconsin facilities.
- Herbsmith uses only whole food ingredients, including human-grade fruits and veggies with real, raw meats.
- The Herbsmith contains zero additives, fillers, flavors, dyes, preservatives, meat meals, or grains.
- Each recipes is created by holistic veterinarian Dr. Chris Bessent, who owns and operates Herbsmith’s two facilities in Wisconsin.
Marie’s Magical Dinner Dust is made for picky eaters as it uses 95% meat and organs. Marie’s formula was specifically created in Stella and Chewy-s USA kitchens. And Marie’s helps improve digestion and prevent allergies.
- Marie’s Magical Dinner is made of 95% meat, organ and bones and organic fruits and veggies.
- Marie’s is perfect for picky eaters; simply sprinkle on top of any meal.
- Every batch of Marie’s magical cage-free chicken dinner dust is created in Stella and Chewy’s USA based kitchens.
Pawtree is the ideal recipe for picky eaters and can be served dry as a seasoning or add water to make a hearty gravy. These seasonings are made with a raw meat protein, fruits and vegetables and vitamins and minerals. PawTree is crafted in small batches to ensure the highest quality mix.
- PawTree Pairings contains no corn, wheat, soy, gluten, preservatives or fillers or any kind.
- PawTree can be served dry as a seasoning or add water to make a hearty gravy.
- PawTree is developed by vets and animal nutritionists and is made in the USA.
Tylee’s recipes are with no grains, minimal processing and a singular source of protein so it’s perfect for picky eaters and dogs with sensitive stomachs. Tylee’s recipes are easy to serve and can be easily defrosted and placed into your dog’s bowl. And Tylee’s only uses human-grade ingredients, so you can be sure you’re only serving you pet the best.
- Tylee’s recipe contains minimally processed ingredients to retain all natural flavors and valuable antioxidants.
- Added chia seeds, ground flaxseed and sunflower oil offer omega-3 and 6 fatty acids to support a healthy skin and coat.
- Tylee’s recipes are easy to serve and can be defrosted and added to the pet’s bowl.
Honest Kitchen Chicken Poppers are made with just five ingredients and minimally processed to appeal to the pickiest eater. Use Honest Kitchen down to the last crumbs; the dust at the bottom can be mixed with water to create a rich gravy for zero waste. Only healthy ingredients and no fillers, Honest Kitchen contains no corn, wheat, preservatives or artificial colors.
- Honest Kitchen is a grain-free, dog-food topper recipe made with just five whole-food ingredients: free-range chicken, apples, pumpkin, blueberries and chard.
- These minimal recipes contain no corn, wheat, soy, preservatives, by-products or GMO ingredients.
- Every bag is zero waste, even the crumbs can be used as a topper for the dog’s food.
PetKind Tripett was designed to restore digestion and keep picky eaters entertained. Made from 100% beef tripe, PetKind improves digestion and overall health and even works to clean teeth. And, this grain-free, gluten-free formula is limited to only four ingredients.
- PetKind Tripett is made from only four ingredients and is perfect for pets that have sensitivities or allergies to common foods.
- The beef tripe in the recipe helps restore balance to a dog’s stomach and improves digestion.
- PetKind is an excellent alternative for picky eaters as it introduces a new protein to a dog’s diet.
Only Natural is made from grass-fed, free-range beef that was raised in New Zealand. Only Natural is committed to your pet’s health, and does not source any beef with hormones or antibiotics. This low-carbohydrate meal packs a protein punch while eliminating weighty fillers.
- Only Natural is made from 90% real meat from free-range, grass-fed New Zealand beef and organ meat.
- This grain-free, corn-free and soy-free recipe steers clear of antibiotics or growth hormones.
- The low-carbohydrate morsels that contain vitamins, minerals and amino acids for a complete and balanced protein-packed meal.
- Best Dog Food
- Best Organic Dog Food
- Best Human-Grade Dog Food
- Best Dog Food for Allergies
- Best Dog Food for Sensitive Stomachs
- Best Dog Food Topper