These rare hunting dogs originated more than a century ago in Northern Carolina, and these Plotts are still well-recognized for their hunting capability. These pack-hunting Plotts shine in the field of the rescue operation and canine sports. These country dogs were bred for wild boar and bear hunting in the 1750s. These Plott hounds are winning the heart of Americans for their pleasing nature and unquestionable loyalty.
The powerful Plotts require a liberal dose of exercise every now and then. To keep your fierce yet gentle Plott filled with nutritious food, you need to spend your money on a popular adult dog food brand that will fuel its body with immunity, energy, and protein.
Best Dog Foods for Plott Hounds
Here are our dog foods for Plotts reviews.
1. Taste of the Wild Pacific Stream Grain-Free Dry Dog Food
This Taste of the Wild Pacific Stream Grain-Free Dry Dog Food is filled with essential amino acids and rich fibers. This lip-smacking diet contains salmon meal and other sea fish, which are filled with omega fatty acids. This wholesome meal contains dried chicory root, which is a great source of Prebiotic.
- This smoked salmon meal has been formulated in the USA, abiding by the food safety protocols.
- It doesn’t contain any corn, soy product, or wheat, which can be treated as an allergen.
- All the essential minerals help in absorbing the nutrients.
2. Purina ONE SmartBlend Chicken & Rice Adult Formula Dry Food Dog
This aptly formulated Purina ONE SmartBlend Chicken & Rice Adult Formula Dry Food Dog is a high protein diet that combines chicken, soybean meal, etc. This premium quality food includes taurine as one of its ingredients, which keeps the heart healthy in the long run. Vitamin A and Vitamin E create a defensive layer around your Plott.
- The food is effective in providing your Plott with radiant skin.
- This chicken-based meal is highly digestible.
- A good amount of glucosamine promotes a healthy joint.
3. American Journey Active Life Formula Salmon, Brown Rice & Vegetables Recipe Dry Dog Food
With this American Journey Active Life Formula Salmon, Brown Rice & Vegetables Recipe Dry Dog Food, you avail a healthier and well-rounded meal that targets all dietary requirements of your Plott. This fish meal combines some nutritious vegetables like carrot, sweet potato, peas, and so on. Brown rice, barley, etc. are some vital elements of the recipe, and these are pretty easy to digest.
- Chicken fat gives the food a nice natural flavor.
- The fatty elements of commercial food are preserved with the help of mixed tocopherol.
- Calcium iodate is good for healthy bone and teeth.
4. Diamond Naturals Chicken & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food
This Diamond Naturals Chicken & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food is supported with essential antioxidants and prebiotics to provide a well-balanced meal for all life stages, so dogs of any age and breed can consume this superior quality food. The salmon oil and other fish oil nourish the skin.
- It contains coconut, papaya, and many other nutrient-rich foods.
- Ascorbic acid boosts the immunity system of the dog’s body.
- Real cage-free chicken strengthens the bone structure.
5. Wellness Complete Health Adult Dry Dog Food
Wellness Complete Health Adult Dry Dog Food is primarily cooked to provide a holistic meal to your Plott. This dog food has a formula that is rich in protein and carbohydrates by having natural chicken as its first ingredient, and oatmeal as one of the prominent ingredients in its recipe.
- Keeps your Plott’s energy levels high throughout the day by providing him a nutrient-dense meal
- Specially packed with chondroitin sulfate to support your Plott’s joints
- Has nutritious natural fruits and vegetables like apples, sweet potatoes, and blueberries
Dog Foods For Plotts Buyer’s Guide
Intelligent and confident, Plotts grab the attention of their on-lookers with their striking personality and eye-catching coat colors. These powerful Plotts have been declared the state dog of North Carolina, and they are pretty popular in European countries as well for their wonderful endurance. These powerful Plotts are always ready to brave any danger and can go a long way in protecting its immediate family. This courageous breed of dog is although quite friendly around other life forms, they love to get into a furious fight when they sense any tension. For multiple generations, these Plotts have been around, and they make an excellent family companion. For your precious Plotts, here we are sharing some important buying guidelines so that you can choose the best suitable dog food for your Plott.
With a vast range of dog foods available everywhere, it is sometimes difficult to choose the right food for your Plott. To help the novice dog owners along the way, the dog breed experts have classified the foods into wet food, dry food, canned food, semi-moist food, and so on. The dry foods take care of the Plotts’ oral health, and heavy chewing sharpens the teeth. Whereas wet foods are easy to digest and contain enough liquid in the bottle. Dog biscuits and other dog treats can also be considered as evening snacks.
Like humans, food is vital for dogs also, and that is why every dog owner should shop from reputed brands only. These well-known brands abide by American food safety standards and do not add any hazardous chemical ingredients to their food. Some popular dog food brands are Royal Canin, Pedigree, Taste of the wild, Zignature and so on. The best thing about this branded dog food is that they talk about the ingredient list and everything else on the food packet’s rear side. Before you purchase a food bag make sure you have read all the points mentioned in the packet.
It is needless to say that maximum dog food contains a decent amount of meat. Some sellers are using menhaden fish, pork, turkey, lamb, beef, etc. in dried form to meet the Plotts’ nutritional requirement. To make the food flavorful, some manufacturers are adding pork liver flavor, chicken liver flavor, etc. Whatever be the brand you are selecting, you should make sure that it has a proper balance of carbohydrate, vitamin, fat, and other nutrients.
Before we conclude, we would like to say that Plotts are medium-sized dogs, and they have a large appetite. If you are welcoming a Plott hound in your life, be ready to feed it more often. With all this valuable information, you will definitely find the right dog food for your Plott.
- Best Dog Food
- Best Dry Dog Food
- Best Wet Dog Food
- Best Senior Dog Food
- Best Dog Food for Sensitive Stomachs
- Best Dog Food for Allergies
- Best Puppy Food for Plotts
- Best Dog Crate for Plotts
- Best Dog Bed for Plotts
- Best Dog Brush for Plotts
- Best Dog Toys for Plotts
- Best Dog Collar for Plotts
- Best Dog Harness for Plotts
- Best Dog Muzzle for Plotts
- Best Dog Shampoo for Plotts
- Best Training Book for Plotts