The Spanish Water Dogs are one of the medium-sized breeds that typically weigh around 31-40 pounds. Although these dogs previously belonged to the working breed, they are great companion dogs too. Spanish Water Dogs love to carry out arduous tasks throughout the day, along with rambling and playing with their pet parents.
Keeping in view the inexhaustible energy levels of the Spanish Water Dogs, it is your responsibility that you plan an efficient diet plan. We know that you might have several questions when you go out to pick the perfect dog food for your Spanish Water Dog. Therefore, we have discussed some of the best dog foods that suffice enough for Spanish Water Dogs.
Best Dog Foods for Spanish Water Dogs
Here are our dog foods for Spanish Water Dogs reviews.
1. Blue Buffalo Wilderness Grain-Free Dry Dog Food
Blue Buffalo Wilderness has been created to satisfy the food cravings of your Spanish Water Dog with its meaty formula. With real chicken as its first ingredient, this dog food has abundant protein levels, which is sufficient for your Spanish Water Dog to carry out his daily chores. The food also has a precise blend of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants to support your canine companion’s immune response.
- Does not contain food allergens, such as wheat, corn, soy, and poultry by-products
- Natural ingredients entirely dominate the recipe
- Contains omega fatty acids for healthy skin and coat
2. Natural Balance L.I.D. Limited Ingredient Diets Dry Dog Food
Natural Balance L.I.D. has introduced a delicious meal for your Spanish Water Dog, which he would love to have as dinner. This dog food contains a specified amount of nutrition to provide your dog with a highly targeted diet if he is susceptible to develop stomach illness. The formula of this food is enriched with omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids so that your dog has a well-nourished skin and a healthy coat.
- Grain-free recipe
- Features high-quality nutrients
- Does not to contain any food allergens
3. Merrick Grain-Free Real Texas Dry Dog Food
Merrick grain-free dry dog food has been formulated to provide a protein-rich diet to your Spanish Water Dog, having 65% of the formula dedicated to proteins and healthy fats. The remaining 35% of this dog food formula ensures that your Spanish Water Dog gets sufficient vitamins, minerals, fibers, and antioxidants.
- Features glucosamine and chondroitin to strengthen bones and joints of your Spanish Water Dogs
- Does not contain any food allergens
- Manufactured in the USA
4. Purina ONE SmartBlend Dry Dog Food
Purina ONE SmartBlend has been crafted to be a viable option as dog food for your Spanish Water Dog. This dog food contains considerable protein levels in its formula by adding real chicken as its first ingredient. The diet is further enhanced with the addition of dual defense antioxidants formed by precisely blending vitamin A, vitamin E, Zinc, and Selenium.
- Contains omega-6 fatty acids to provide a healthy coat to your pet pal
- Features a diet that strengthens the bones and muscles of your Spanish Water Dog
- Easy to digest
5. American Journey Active Life Formula Dry Dog Food
If you were looking out for a dog food designed for doggies who like to have a dynamic lifestyle like the Spanish Water Dogs, American Journey’s Active Life Formula could be an excellent choice. The diet features a precise blend of antioxidants and vegetables and proteins and carbohydrates to ensure that your pet pal can maintain a healthy digestive system and an active immune response.
- Features 25% of its proteins sourced from deboned chicken
- Enriched with omega fatty acids
- Does not contain any food allergens
Dog Food for Spanish Water Dog Buyer’s Guide
Spanish Water Dogs have a considerably higher activity level, and on average, they require roughly one hour walk daily. These dogs love to run around a yard or ramble, along with that the Spanish Water Dogs can even prove out to be great swimmers. All of these activities require energy, and that energy is sourced from dog foods.
The selection of the right dog food is extremely significant in a Spanish Water Dog’s diet. However, you should not forget that overfeeding these dogs with a highly nutritious diet can even make them obese. So, a selection of precise dog food is the need of the hour.
We discussed some of the best dog foods in the market, and whom you can confidently choose for your Spanish Water Dog. To make you understand our selection criteria, we have shared our buyer’s guide, which will help you pick the perfect one on your own.
While buying dog food for your Spanish Water Dog, you will come across two distinctive types of dog food: dry dog food and wet dog food. Although we have not discussed wet dog food in our reviews, in general, it is used as an additive to the highly nutritious dry dog food. This is because wet dog food is generally formulated to target a specific health concern. Therefore, wet dog food alone is not sufficient enough for Spanish Water Dogs. The dry dog food, on the other hand, is rich in nutrition, so it is a better choice for Spanish Water Dogs.
You should always check if the dog food that you are buying for your Spanish Water Dog is compliant with organizations that are established to look after the composition of the dog foods. In general, you should check if the dog food of your Spanish Water Dog is certified and registered by FDA and AAFCO. You can look for these certifications on the label of the dog food that you pick.
- Best Dog Food
- Best Dry Dog Food
- Best Wet Dog Food
- Best Senior Dog Food
- Best Dog Food for Sensitive Stomachs
- Best Dog Food for Allergies
- Best Puppy Food for Spanish Water Dogs
- Best Dog Crate for Spanish Water Dogs
- Best Dog Bed for Spanish Water Dogs
- Best Dog Brush for Spanish Water Dogs
- Best Dog Toys for Spanish Water Dogs
- Best Dog Collar for Spanish Water Dogs
- Best Dog Harness for Spanish Water Dogs
- Best Dog Muzzle for Spanish Water Dogs
- Best Dog Shampoo for Spanish Water Dogs
- Best Training Book for Spanish Water Dogs