Staffordshire bull terriers are lean, athletic, and muscular, so you’ll want to find a dog food that can keep up with their physical demands, without putting on too much weight. We looked at the best dog food for Staffordshire bull terriers so that you can ensure your dog is getting the healhiest diet they can.
Best Dog Food for Staffordshire Bull Terriers
Here are our reviews for the best dog foods for Staffordshire bull terriers.
Hill’s Science Diet’s Perfect Weight Management is a great choice for your Staffordshire bull terrier. The brand is the number one recommended dog food brand by veterinarians, so you can feel good knowing you’re giving the best to your Staffordshire bull terrier. While managing your dog’s weight, this formula will also ensure their muscles, that the Staffordshire bull terrier is known for, will continue to be supported.
- Made in U.S.A.
- No synthetic colors, artificial flavors, or preservatives
- Natural ingredients, with chicken being the number one
Your Staffordshire bull terrier is going to love Blue Buffalo’s Life Protection dry dog food as it has the finest natural ingredients, with meat as number one. In addition to the main source of protein, this formula is also produced with high-quality ingredients such as peas, carrots, flax seed, blueberries, cranberries, and sweet potato. Blue Buffalo also adds their exclusive LifeSource Bits, which is a blend of minerals, antioxidants and vitamins that have been selected by holistic veterinarians for even more added benefits for your Staffordshire bull terrier.
- No artificial flavors or preservatives
- Free of poultry by-product, wheat, corn, or soy
- Fish oil added to promote skin and coat health
Iams Proactive Health is considered a “Super Premium Dog Food”, which promotes strong muscles, maintains healthy digestion, and supports a strong immune system. In addition, it is formulated with L Carnitine, which will help your Staffordshire bull terrier maintain a healthy metabolism. All these benefits will ensure your dog has a well-balanced diet that will be able to keep up with them.
- Veterinarian recommended
- Farm raised chicken is number one ingredient in this formula
- Free from wheat, soy, and artificial preservatives
The Honest Kitchen’s human grade dog food, made in a human food facility, is unique, and the first of its kind, as most other dog foods are ‘feed grade’. Another way the food is unique is that it is dehydrated, which ensures freshness, means that it is minimally processed, and has concentrated nutrition. Just add water to rehydrate it and it will be ready for your Staffordshire bull terrier.
- Made in the U.S.A.
- Higher protein, fat and calories are perfect for growing puppies
- No by-products, preservatives, or GMO ingredients
Canidae is a family-owned business that believes in providing the best for your dog. This formula is great for your Staffordshire bull terrier as it is made with farm fresh ingredients, and one protein source, to cut down on sensitivities. With all-natural ingredients, leaving out grains and potatoes, you will be able to manage your Staffordshire bull terrier’s weight while also providing them with probiotics, antioxidants, and healthy fatty acids.
- Product guarantee
- Made in U.S.A.
- Also available in lamb and whitefish flavors
Dog Food for Staffordshire Bull Terriers Buyer’s Guide
With plenty of options, our buying guide reviews the best dog food for Staffordshire bull terriers on the market, so you can choose the right one for you and your little furry friend.
When looking for a good dog food for your Staffordshire bull terrier you want to ensure that good quality ingredients are used, as you would with any breed of dog. High protein foods are great for this Staffordshire bull terriers, as they are naturally muscular, with plenty of energy. Some formulas have grains, while others proudly market that they are grain-free, and that is a preference for the dog owner as both formulas have their benefits.
There are two main types of formulas that we looked at for your Staffordshire bull terrier; dry and dehydrated. Both formulas have their benefits, but dry food is the easiest type to obtain. Feel free to treat your Staffordshire bull terrier with adding wet food into their diet at times, provides them with more protein and hydration.
The packaging in the dog foods we looked at come in either a bag, for the dry, or a box for the dehydrated. Whichever you choose, there is a good chance that you will be able to recycle the packaging once your dog has finished the contents, as more companies are becoming eco-aware.
- Best Dog Food
- Best Dry Dog Food
- Best Wet Dog Food
- Best Senior Dog Food
- Best Dog Food for Sensitive Stomachs
- Best Dog Food for Allergies
- Best Puppy Food for Staffordshire Bull Terriers
- Best Dog Crate for Staffordshire Bull Terriers
- Best Dog Bed for Staffordshire Bull Terriers
- Best Dog Brush for Staffordshire Bull Terriers
- Best Dog Toys for Staffordshire Bull Terriers
- Best Dog Collar for Staffordshire Bull Terriers
- Best Dog Harness for Staffordshire Bull Terriers
- Best Dog Muzzle for Staffordshire Bull Terriers
- Best Dog Shampoo for Staffordshire Bull Terriers
- Best Training Book for Staffordshire Bull Terriers