The low-paced and friendly Sussex Spaniels are highly sensitive species even after having adequate endurance. The tendency of these Sussex natives to gain weight easily persuades their owners to ensure a balanced diet for Sussex Spaniels.
Though being a medium-sized dog, the selection of food for them is a relatively easier process, but one should make sure that their Sussex Spaniel gets a nutrition-rich diet. Therefore, we have come up with the review of the five best dog foods for Sussex Spaniels to answer all your doubts.
Best Dog Foods For Sussex Spaniels
Here are our dog foods for Sussex Spaniels reviews.
This grain-free recipe by Taste of the Wild provides a well-equipped balanced diet to your Sussex Spaniel. It nourishes your Sussex with protein from buffalo and bison. This highly digestible recipe includes peas and sweet potatoes, enhanced by prebiotic fiber from dried chicory root, it is also equipped with natural antioxidants from fruits and vegetables and essential minerals.
- The first ingredient is buffalo meat
- Includes Omega 3 & Omega 6 for healthy skin and top-coat.
- Free from added colours, flavors or preservatives.
With surplus nutritious ingredients, the American Journey Salmon & Sweet Potato Recipe Grain-free Dry Dog Food is an apt choice for your highly endured Sussex Spaniel. This formula is quite effective in bestowing your Sussex Spaniel with leaner muscles owing to protein-rich salmon as its first ingredient. The sweet potatoes and chickpeas complete this energy package.
- Grain-free recipe to prevent fillers.
- An adequate amount of salmon oil and flaxseed provides Omega 3 & 6 for proper conditioning of their skin and coat.
- Includes long-chain DHA for proper development of their brain and eye.
Specifically formulated for adult dogs, the Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula Adult Chicken and Brown Rice Recipe Dry Dog Food nurtures your Sussex Spaniel with an adequate amount of nutrients having deboned chicken as its first ingredient. This recipe is filled with protein-rich sources like meat, whole grains, vegetables and fruits, which is further enhanced by Blue Buffalo’s exclusive Life source bits. This Super-7 Package acquires your Sussex Spaniel with all the necessary antioxidants.
- Calcium, Phosphorus and essential vitamins are included in the recipe for strong bones and teeth.
- Glucosamine for extra nourishment
- Excludes corn, wheat, soy or chicken by-products
This protein-rich recipe having salmon as its first ingredient by Purina Pro Plan is one of the most suitable choices for sensitive breeds like Sussex Spaniel. It is efficient with digestive properties owing to prebiotic fibers. The rice and oatmeal in its ingredients is an adequate source of carbohydrates for your Sussex Spaniel.
- Improved joint health and mobility with omega 3 fatty acids
- maintains skin health and its shining coat with Omega 6 fatty acids and zinc
- A recipe without corn, wheat, soy or added colours, flavors and preservatives.
Because of its sufficient, simple and natural ingredients, the Rachael Ray Nutrish Natural Chicken & Veggies Recipe Dry Dog Food acquired its place in this series of the best food for Sussex Spaniels. Farm-raised chicken’s ingredients provide an adequate amount of protein to dogs of all stages. It is formulated with essential vitamins and minerals and prebiotic fiber for improved endurance and better digestive system, respectively.
- Healthier skin and coat with poultry fat, a natural source of Omega fatty acids
- Nutrient-rich with peas and carrots
- Gluten-free and without poultry by-products, fillers or added colours, flavors or preservatives.
Dog Food For Sussex Spaniels Buyer’s Guide
The adult and young Sussex Spaniels have different food requirements. It gets difficult for the owners to select an appropriate meal for their pets at different stages. However, it is advised that their diet should not be changed all at once. Instead, the owners should mix the new meal with the previous one and gradually switch to the latter. Therefore, owners are always doubtful regarding the choice of food for their pet. The owners of Sussex Spaniels should take care of certain factors before settling on a particular product.
The first criterion to be kept in mind before the beginning of your search is your budget. We suggest you look for a deal that suits your pocket along with the nutritional requirements of your Sussex Spaniel. Certain discounts and offers provided by the seller may be availed.
It is suggested to avoid meals with grains and prefers meals with an animal-based protein source as their first ingredient for Sussex Spaniels. Vegetable protein sources are likely to lack the necessary amino acids for dogs. Also, a low-fat diet is necessary to prevent them from hip dysplasia. One must protect their shining golden-liver hairs by ensuring that their diet has an adequate amount of Omega 3 & 6 fatty acids. Other nutrition sources will add on to the health of your Sussex Spaniel.
The age of your Sussex Spaniel plays one of the most important roles in choosing an appropriate meal for them. Young Spaniels require more protein along with a good amount of calcium as compared to the adult ones for better growth and development. Including vegetables, in the diet of an adult Sussex Spaniel reduces tartar production and helps clean their teeth.
The Sussex Spaniels are most likely to suffer from hip dysplasia because of their tendency to gain weight easily. The owners must take care that their Spaniel is not overweight. An average adult Sussex Spaniel weighs 16-20 kgs. Furthermore, the owners must put extra effort into selecting a diet for allergic dogs. Common symptoms for food allergies are ear and foot infections, itching and diarrhea. The reason could be a certain type of herb, spice, grain or even eggs and meat. We advise you to visit a veterinarian for further specifications of the meal.
Wet food or dry food
Even though this choice doesn’t affect your Sussex Spaniel prominently, it is preferable to select dry food for them due to its high-calorie density. Their daily calorie requirement reaches 3500 kcal until maturing. One will be required to feed a larger amount of wet food for sufficient calorie intake as compared to dry food.
- Best Dog Food
- Best Dry Dog Food
- Best Wet Dog Food
- Best Senior Dog Food
- Best Dog Food for Sensitive Stomachs
- Best Dog Food for Allergies
- Best Puppy Food for Sussex Spaniels
- Best Dog Crate for Sussex Spaniels
- Best Dog Bed for Sussex Spaniels
- Best Dog Brush for Sussex Spaniels
- Best Dog Toys for Sussex Spaniels
- Best Dog Collar for Sussex Spaniels
- Best Dog Harness for Sussex Spaniels
- Best Dog Muzzle for Sussex Spaniels
- Best Dog Shampoo for Sussex Spaniels
- Best Training Book for Sussex Spaniels