The West Highland White Terriers hails from Scotland, and are among one of the small breed dogs. You should not mistake these dogs as lap dogs, as they are a lot more than that, and adopting them means adding a fun-filled companion in your life. The fact that the West Highland White Terriers were previously used for hunting small animals is an evidence that they have a considerable level of activity and like doing exercises too.
All of this means that you have to plan a proper diet plan for these dogs so that they can maintain good health and carry out their tasks. Are you one of those confused pet parents who are curious to know more about the right dog food for their West Highland White Terriers? If yes, we are here to help you.
Best Dog Food for West Highland White Terriers
Here are our dog foods for West Highland White Terriers reviews.
Purina Pro Plan Focus is all that you will need to feed your West Highland White Terrier well, as it has the optimum levels of protein in the form of fish meat by having salmon as one of its first ingredients. The food is also enriched with omega fatty acids, zinc, and digestible carbohydrates such as rice and oatmeal.
- Manufactured at US-Facilities
- Does not contain food allergens such as wheat, soy, or corn
- Does not contain any artificial flavors or colors
Merrick’s Dry Dog Food has been formulated by trusted farmers who have nourished this dog food well enough to provide your West Highland White Terrier with a diet that is rich in proteins, fibers, vitamins, and several other natural ingredients. Around 65% of the food consists of protein and healthy fats, while the remaining 35% has other natural ingredients; among them, the most prominent ones are vitamins, minerals, and fibers.
- Contains Glucosamine and Chondroitin to support joints of your West Highland White Terrier
- Enriched with omega fatty acids
- Does not contain food allergens like corn, soy, gluten, wheat, or artificial preservatives
If you were looking for a highly nourishing diet for your West Highland White Terrier, Taste of The Wild’s Wetlands Dog Food is a considerable choice. This grain-free dog food has been formulated using novel proteins enhanced with roasted and smoked fowl, and highly digestible peas and sweet potatoes to ensure that your doggie stays fit.
- Ensures optimal absorption of essential minerals by chelating them with amino acids
- Made in the USA
Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula is a wholesome meal for your West Highland White Terrier, as it contains real chicken as its primary ingredient. Along with that, it also has optimal levels of whole grains, fruits, and garden veggies. The formula is enhanced with a super seven package of antioxidants.
- Contains minerals like calcium and phosphorus to provide stronger bones
- Ensures that your West Highland White Terrier has a stronger immune system by providing him with antioxidants and chelated minerals
- Does not contain food allergens such as wheat, corn, soy, or poultry by-products
Hill’s Prescription Diet i/d Digestive Care is a wet dog food that has been formulated to provide digestive support to your West Highland White Terrier if he is facing any problems in digestion. It contains real turkey to provide essential proteins to your doggie along with essential fats, which help him in repairing his tissues.
- Contains a mixed fiber source
- Features antioxidants for a better immune response
- Contains an optimal balance of nutrients to ensure your doggie stays in the best health
Dog Food for West Highland White Terrier Buyer’s Guide
West Highland White Terrier is a small breed dog, so typically, you would think his diet plan requires minimal attention. However, that is not the case, as this dog is quite playful and loves to run around and entertain his owner. On average, you are required to take your West Highland White Terrier for a 30-minute walk daily. That means you have to keenly observe their diet plan and make the essential changes so that they stay healthy and fit. You read our reviews above, so we believe you are now able to develop some level of understanding regarding the selection of the right dog food.
Nevertheless, we understand you might be confused regarding the varieties we discussed and would be thinking what did we look I’m each one of them to place them as some of the best dog foods. Thus, we have shared our buyer’s guide with you, which will help you better understand our choices.
While buying dog food for your West Highland White Terrier, you would have noticed that several dog foods are specified for a particular stage or age. It is better that you buy the one suitable for all stages, as that food will be wholesome and provide optimum levels of dietary essentials to your West Highland White Terrier.
Two types of dog food are available in the market; one is dry food, while the other is wet. The wet food is usually available in cans. We reviewed both of them to give you a better idea. Wet food typically does not have enough dietary components; thus, you can use it as an additive in dry dog food. However, using it alone will not fulfill the dietary requirements of your West Highland White Terrier.
You know that the most crucial component of your West Highland White Terrier’s diet is protein, and for that, it is essential that real meat needs to be the former ingredient in your pet pal’s food. Along with it, several other ingredients are equally important. When discussing West Highland White Terriers specifically, you should know that these dogs are usually susceptible to several diseases as their immune system is not very strong. So, going for dog food with considerable antioxidants is seen as a plus because that helps strengthen the immune response of your West Highland White Terrier.
Along with these ingredients, the presence of the following ingredients is considered favorable:
- Minerals such as Calcium and Phosphorus
- Omega fatty acids
West Highland White Terriers are usually allergic to the following ingredients, so it is better that the food does not contain them:
- Poultry by-products
- Best Dog Food
- Best Dry Dog Food
- Best Wet Dog Food
- Best Senior Dog Food
- Best Dog Food for Sensitive Stomachs
- Best Dog Food for Allergies
- Best Puppy Food for West Highland White Terriers
- Best Dog Crate for West Highland White Terriers
- Best Dog Bed for West Highland White Terriers
- Best Dog Brush for West Highland White Terriers
- Best Dog Toys for West Highland White Terriers
- Best Dog Collar for West Highland White Terriers
- Best Dog Harness for West Highland White Terriers
- Best Dog Muzzle for West Highland White Terriers
- Best Dog Shampoo for West Highland White Terriers
- Best Training Book for West Highland White Terriers