Having origins in Mexico, the Xoloitzcuintlis are often addressed as Mexican Hairless dogs. These medium-sized dogs are known to play multiple roles since ancient times, among all the roles, their role as a companion dog is the most prominent one. The Xoloitzcuintli is among the people-oriented dogs who love to stay around their pet parents.
As a pet parent, it is your responsibility to serve them the perfect dog food. You might be confused as the market has so much to offer. So, to make your job easier, we evaluated them all and reviewed the best ones for you.
Best Dog Foods for Xoloitzcuintlis
Here are our dog foods for Xoloitzcuintlis reviews.
Merrick Grain-Free Real Duck and Sweet Potato Recipe is formulated while keeping your Xoloitzcuintli’s interest into consideration. This delicious dog food can prove out to be an apt choice for your Xolo, as 70% of this diet is loaded with high-quality proteins and fats, while the remaining 30% provides him with all the dietary essentials he needs.
- Contains antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals to maintain a robust immune response
- Free of potential food allergens
- Contains real de ones Duck as its first ingredient
Pet parents live to feed their Xoloitzcuintli with dog food with a wide variety of nutrition in reasonable amounts. Blue Buffalo Wilderness Salmon Recipe Dog Food is one such food that will let you provide your Xoloitzcuintli with an optimal diet plan. This dog food contains real Salmon as its first ingredient, which gives it a significant energy boost and lets your Xoloitzcuintli maintain his lean body.
- Enriched with omega fatty acids to maintain a glistening look
- Features energy-packed carbohydrates such as sweet potatoes
- Made using natural ingredients
American Journey Active Life Formula Dry Dog Food is among the most suitable dog foods for your Xoloitzcuintli. This dog food features real Salmon as its first ingredient to have a protein dominant formula. It has the potential to keep your Xoloitzcuintli happy and healthy round the clock.
- Features a highly nutritious formula containing vegetables like carrots and sweet potatoes
- Enriched with omega fatty acids
- Free of every potential food allergen
Rachael Ray Nutrish Dry Dog Food is viable nutrition for dogs like Xoloitzcuintli, as it contains original deboned chicken as its primary ingredient, which makes it rich in proteins. Along with that, this dog food has wholesome nutrition to offer your pet pal. There is a long list of dietary essentials that it offers entail antioxidants, carbohydrates, vitamins, minerals, and vegetables.
- Free of every potential food allergen
- Prepared in the USA
- Promotes a healthy digestion
Purina Beneful Healthy Weight Dry Dog Food has been aptly designed to ensure that your Xoloitzcuintli maintains his sleek body and efficiently performs his chores. This dog food contains real deboned chicken as its first ingredient to provide the Xoloitzcuintli’s optimal protein levels. This premium-quality dog food features a calorie-smart formula and has a taste that your Xolo would surely enjoy.
- Contains the 23 essential minerals and vitamins which your Xoloitzcuintli’s body needs to function well
- Enriched with antioxidants to maintain a healthy immune response
- Made in the USA
Dog Food for Xoloitzcuintli Buyer’s Guide
Xoloitzcuintli have moderate activity levels. Typically, they demand a physical activity of 45-minutes as an adult dog, in which you are supposed to either take them on a walk or run their training sessions. The diet plan must be strictly aligned with your Xoloitzcuintli’s physical activity to ensure that they stay healthy and fit. Well, you now understand the importance of a good diet plan, but the next most crucial thing to know is the selection of the right dog food that you are supposed to feed your Xoloitzcuintli.
The dog foods which we selected for our reviews were much dependent upon a couple of significant factors that we evaluated. To help you better analyze your selection, we have shared the necessary details regarding those factors in our buyer’s guide to letting you develop a better understanding.
Pet parents often make a mistake of buying the wrong breed’s dog food for their Xoloitzcuintli. Your Xoloitzcuintli is a medium-sized dog, so it is better to buy either a dog food that is generally suitable for all breed sizes or it is specifically formulated for medium breeds. You should avoid buying large breed or small breed dog foods, as these dog foods will either make your Xoloitzcuintli obese or malnourished. Both situations are not favorable for your pet pal.
The perfect dog food for your Xoloitzcuintli is the one that has optimal protein levels along with the adequate balance of carbohydrates and other dietary essentials such as vitamins and minerals. The optimal protein levels are only guaranteed when real meat is the first ingredient in your Xoloitzcuintli’s dog food; you can check that from the dog food label that you pick. The presence of antioxidants is also mandatory as they help your Xoloitzcuintli in maintaining a robust immune response. Overall, you should check that all the used ingredients are natural or are sourced from natural resources. In this way, you can pick an appropriate dog food for your Xoloitzcuintli.
- Best Dog Food
- Best Dry Dog Food
- Best Wet Dog Food
- Best Senior Dog Food
- Best Dog Food for Sensitive Stomachs
- Best Dog Food for Allergies
- Best Puppy Food for Xoloitzcuintlis
- Best Dog Crate for Xoloitzcuintlis
- Best Dog Bed for Xoloitzcuintlis
- Best Dog Brush for Xoloitzcuintlis
- Best Dog Toys for Xoloitzcuintlis
- Best Dog Collar for Xoloitzcuintlis
- Best Dog Harness for Xoloitzcuintlis
- Best Dog Muzzle for Xoloitzcuintlis
- Best Dog Shampoo for Xoloitzcuintlis
- Best Training Book for Xoloitzcuintlis