Do you have an American Eskimo and wonder what you can feed them to best support their health? Well American Eskimos are a very active breed, which means they need a boosted amount of protein for their muscles, high amounts of nutrients to feed their constant energy usage and fiber to help their digestive tract do its job.
Below I have listed the top five recommended dog foods for your American Eskimo, from reviews and thorough research. After the product list will be a buying guide to give you extra information, if you need it.
Best Dog Foods for American Eskimos
Here are our American Eskimo dog food reviews.
The Nature’s Recipe Grain Free Dog Food is made with chicken, sweet potato and pumpkin for a healthy mix of ingredients for your American Eskimo. All ingredients are natural with additional vitamins and nutrients added for your dog’s health. The recipe is made completely grain free with no harmful additives.
- Food has a wide range of ingredients to cover all areas of dog’s health needs
- All natural dog food is made with your dog’s health in mind
- Completely grain free for dogs with allergies or sensitive stomachs
The Taste of the Wild Protein Dog Food is made with lamb as the main ingredient to give your American Eskimo the protein they need. No grain, corn, wheat, filler or artificial flavors are used in the food. With high nutrients and easily digestible kibbles this food is great for any dog.View on Amazon
The Instinct Original Dog Food is made with only the highest quality of ingredients for your American Eskimo. Salmon is the main ingredient while the recipe is grain free to provide your pet with the vitamins and nutrients they need. The recipe contains no wheat, soy, corn or potato for dogs with allergies.
- Highest quality of ingredients to make the best possible dog food
- Real salmon is the main ingredient, giving the food a great animal source protein
- Great for dogs with allergies, no harmful additives
The Earthborn Holistic Dog Food is made completely grain free for your American Eskimo with a sensitive stomach. Everything in the packaging is recyclable to reduce your carbon foot print while feeding your pup. The recipe is balanced to best serve the nutritional needs your dog has.
- Grain free for dogs with allergies or sensitive stomachs
- Recyclable packing for dog food is a great green alternative
- Balanced recipe makes for a great daily food
The Merrick Dry Dog Food has bison as the main ingredient to give your American Eskimo a healthy dose of animal source protein. Beef is also a main ingredient alongside various healthy fruits and vegetables to give your dog a well rounded diet. The food is grain free and contains no harmful additives.
- Bison and beef are main ingredients, giving the food excellent protein
- Fruits and vegetables are added for healthy dog food
- Grain free and no harmful ingredients that are more likely to cause allergies
American Eskimo Dog Food Buying Guide
As you can see above, there are many different features to dog food and each one has their own benefits. Before you purchase any food for your dog, be sure to thoroughly check the list of ingredients. Just because the bag is labeled as not having an ingredient doesn’t always mean the manufacturer didn’t slip it into the fine print. If your dog has an allergy it is even more important for you to check that list thoroughly. Now then, I will explain the different terms I used above that you may want in your dog’s food.
Hypoallergenic is anything that is made to lower risk of allergic reactions. In dog food it means the ingredients are all picked with the main goal of lowering the risk of allergic reaction in your pooch. However, hypoallergenic beds for dogs can mean the fabric repels things such as dust mites.
This is basically what it sounds like, limited ingredient dog foods generally have six ingredients or less. This makes looking for problems in your dog’s diet much easier as there are only a few to look through.
Grain free is an especially good thing for an American Eskimo as they have digestive troubles and an all around sensitive stomach. Not all Eskimo’s do but most have this problem.
No Wheat, Soy, or Corn
As stated above, many Eskimo have problem with stomach or digestive issues as they age but getting food without corn, wheat or soy can help reduce the risk of them developing those problems as they age.
Holistic Dog Food means that the recipe has been proven to be balanced with all the nutrients and vitamins that your dog needs, in the amount that they need. That many not seem important but consider what happens to humans when we are low on one vitamin, our body can completely shut down or faint. The same is true for dogs, they have vital nutrients they need and if they don’t get it then there are health repercussions.
- Best Dog Food
- Best Dry Dog Food
- Best Wet Dog Food
- Best Senior Dog Food
- Best Dog Food for Sensitive Stomachs
- Best Dog Food for Allergies
- Best Accessories for American Eskimo Dogs
- Best Puppy Food for American Eskimo Dogs
- Best Dog Crate for American Eskimo Dogs
- Best Dog Bed for American Eskimo Dogs
- Best Dog Brush for American Eskimo Dogs
- Best Dog Toys for American Eskimo Dogs
- Best Dog Collar for American Eskimo Dogs
- Best Dog Harness for American Eskimo Dogs
- Best Dog Muzzle for American Eskimo Dogs
- Best Dog Shampoo for American Eskimo Dogs
- Best Training Book for American Eskimo Dogs