Mostly found in African countries, Sloughis are renowned for their hunting traits and watchdog ability. Fast and super intelligent Sloughis resemble Greyhound when it comes to appearance. This African breed of dog has earned quite a reputation for their affectionate nature towards their adopted family.
Though it is widely accepted that the breed is native to Morocco, some believe that the dog’s history dates back to the ancient Egyptian era. It’s been a few years since America started welcoming this hound dog to their home as a family pet. If you want to embrace this sturdy dog in your life, you should start researching which dog food is best for Sloughis.
Best Dog Foods for Sloughis
Here are our dog foods for Sloughis reviews.
This Nutro Wholesome Essentials Large Breed Adult Lamb & Rice Recipe Dry Dog Food is an excellent choice for dogs like Sloughi. The well-balanced food provides not only a shiny coat but also healthy skin. Deboned lamb combined with chicken, rice, and oatmeal fulfils its protein and calorie requirements.
- 1 cup contains around 315 Kcal.
- There are a few natural preservatives in it.
- It doesn’t comprise any soy product or corn items.
This Eukanuba Large Breed Adult Dry Dog Food fills the body of your hyperactive Sloughi with energy. An adequate amount of fat, carbohydrate, protein, DHA, glucosamine, and Vitamins make this commercial food an all-rounder. The abundance of natural fiber in the food provides healthy teeth and gums.
- It gives your Sloughi prebiotic support.
- It goes a long way in boosting strong eyesight and brain development.
- Though it has other animal products, it is mostly a chicken diet.
This Purina ONE SmartBlend Large Breed Adult Formula Dry Dog Food will take your Sloughi by storm with its unique blend of taste and flavors. It mainly comprises real dried chicken, soybean meal, pea fiber, liver flavor, rice flour, and so on. The natural source of glucosamine resolves the dual purpose of keeping the dog in shape and taking care of bone health.
- If your Sloughi has a tendency of obesity, the food acts wonderfully in watching weight.
- The food recipe includes an enormous amount of Vitamin E and Vitamin A.
- The food is perfect for a healthy heart.
This Diamond Naturals Large Breed Adult Chicken & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food is an all in one in providing a well-structured body to your Sloughi. Along with the lip-smacking chicken recipe, the food also includes real fruits and vegetables, which help in improving the immunity in Sloughi. The food is literally 100% natural, and there isn’t any bit of artificial flavor or color in the food.
- It is rich in omega-3 fatty acids and omega-6 fatty acids.
- There is chondroitin support, which is good for skeletal health.
- It abides by all the food safety standards.
Enriched with minerals, this Wellness Large Breed Complete Health Adult Deboned Chicken & Brown Rice Recipe Dry Dog Food meets the dietary requirement of Sloughi quite excellently. Proper analysis on the rear side of the pack makes it easier for dog caregivers to provide the right amount of food for every meal according to Sloughi’s weight. The presence of tocopherol prevents any form of eye disease and acts as a natural preservative.
- The abundance of calcium and phosphorus helps in teeth and bone growth.
- The food has been designed in such a way that it reduces bad odor in the stool.
- It keeps Sloughi hydrated for long hours.
Dog Foods For Sloughis Buyer’s Guide
This breed of hound dog is gaining popularity in the United States of America with every passing day. This Sloughi dog is eager to serve the members of its family, and it gets along quite nicely with children. Although they can quickly adapt to the apartment culture, sometimes their food habit can give you a hard time. It is often seen that most dog owners are dubious about processed and commercial dog food. But believe it or not, these commercial dry foods contain a well-balanced formula of nutrition and minerals which home-cooked food can sometimes lack. So, let us guide you through the process of commercial dog food shopping so that you can choose the right one for your Sloughi.
The sole purpose of consuming food is to fill our body with essential nutrition. The same goes for your Sloughi. The food should contain at least one type of real meat in dried form for protein. Other than protein, it should also include grains, real vegetables, fruits, fish oils, soy products, corn, vitamin, and so on. Some dogs are sensitive to soy products and grains, as these upset their stomachs. So, before placing the order, observe what your Sloughi is allergic to.
Reading labels is an art when it comes to sorting dog foods. It apprises you of the manufacturing details along with the list of ingredients. It also says which species it intends to serve. Some dog parents remain confused about everyday food measurement. If you read the label attentively, you will know how much amount will be adequate for your Sloughi, depending on its weight.
Commercial dog foods are available for different sizes of breeds. As Sloughi is above 25 inches in most of the case, it rightly falls in the category of large breed dogs. So, it is recommended to select foods designed for large breed adult dogs. If your Sloughi prefers other meats to the deboned chicken meal, you can go for lamb foods, pork dog foods or turkey adult dog foods, etc. No matter which breed you house, feed it at least twice a day.
Go through these aforementioned guidelines about dog food, and we hope you will surprise your Sloughi with the most suitable and delightful dog food.
- Best Dog Food
- Best Dry Dog Food
- Best Wet Dog Food
- Best Senior Dog Food
- Best Dog Food for Sensitive Stomachs
- Best Dog Food for Allergies
- Best Puppy Food for Sloughis
- Best Dog Crate for Sloughis
- Best Dog Bed for Sloughis
- Best Dog Brush for Sloughis
- Best Dog Toys for Sloughis
- Best Dog Collar for Sloughis
- Best Dog Harness for Sloughis
- Best Dog Muzzle for Sloughis
- Best Dog Shampoo for Sloughis
- Best Training Book for Sloughis