I have done the research and come up with the top five products I would recommend. Below each item will be a description with the reason you should buy that particular food and three pros under the description. At the bottom of the article will be a buying guide with terms or definitions that you may need to know when you go on your search for dog food.
Best Dog Foods without Corn, Wheat, or Soy
Here are our reviews of dog foods without corn, wheat, or soy.
1. Blue Buffalo Wilderness Protein Dog Food
The Blue Buffalo Wilderness Protein Dog Food is made with absolutely no corn, wheat or soy to give your dog the best dog food possible. With real chicken as the main ingredient alongside sweet potatoes and peas this food gives a wide variety of nutrients and vitamins. The food is made from all natural ingredients and lifesource bits for your dog’s health.
- No corn, wheat, soy, artificial flavors or preservatives for your dog’s all around health
- Real chicken, peas and sweet potatoes combine to make healthy dog food
- All natural ingredients lowers risk of allergic reactions
2. Purina Pro Plan Sensitive Skin and Stomach Dry Dog Food
The Purina Pro Plan Sensitive Skin and Stomach Dog Food is made with absolutely no corn, wheat or soy for your pups with allergies or sensitive stomachs. With real salmon as the main ingredient, this food is packed with natural protein and nutrients for your pup. The Prebiotic fibers promote digestive health and boost your dog’s immune system.
- No corn, wheat, soy, artificial flavors or preservatives fo dogs with sensitive stomachs
- Real salmon among other ingredients offers great natural nutrients
- Prebiotic fibers boost immune system and digestion in your dog
3. Rachael Ray Nutrish Limited Ingredient Dog Food
The Rachael Ray Nutrish Limited Ingredient Dog Food has only six ingredients with no corn, wheat, soy, artificial flavors or preservatives for your dog’s best health. The main ingredient is lamb meal for a heavy in protein and nutrients food. The limited ingredients may help your dog avoid food allergies or sensitivities.
- No corn, wheat, soy, artificial flavors or preservatives for your dog’s health
- Lamb meal is added to multiple types of rice and chicken fat to make the food your dog will love
- Limited ingredient is great for dogs with many food allergies or sensitive stomachs
4. Nature’s Recipe Dog Food
The Nature’s Recipe Dog Food is made with real salmon, sweet potato and pumpkin for a wide variety of nutrients and vitamins in your dog’s diet. The food contains no harmful by products or soy, wheat or corn to avoid food allergies or upsetting sensitive stomachs. All ingredients are natural and then added to vitamins and minerals for a boosted health dog food.
- Real salmon gives protein while potato and pumpkin provide for other nutrients
- No harmful by products, soy, wheat, corn or other such ingredients
- All natural ingredients with additional minerals and vitamins
5. Wellness Core Small Breed Dog Food
The Wellness Core Small Breed Dog Food is made with no corn, soy, wheat, artificial flavors or preservatives for the best possible dog food choice. The food is completely grain free for those dogs with allergies or sensitive stomachs. All ingredients are natural and picked with the intent of boosting your dog’s health and immune systems.
- No corn, wheat, soy, artificial flavors or preservatives for dogs with sensitive stomachs
- Completely grain free for allergies or weak stomachs
- All natural dog food is made with your dog’s health and strength in mind
Dog Food without Corn, Soy, or Wheat Buying Guide
Now that you have seen some of the options available to you and have an idea of just how many options there are, I will go over some important information as well as the reasons you would want each item. One of the most important things that I cannot stress enough, is always check your dog food bag ingredients list! Even if your dog doesn’t have allergies, although you should do it even more religiously if they do, it is vital to your dog’s health to go through the list and be sure that none of the ingredients are harmful. Also, if your dog is having health problems you should always bring them to a vet, do not look up the symptoms online and try to self medicate them with a different dog food. In some cases your dog will actually require medicine that the dog food won’t help them with. Now that I have gone over that, I will explain why you would want some of the features above.
This is always a good choice when you are looking for your dog’s food, especially when they have sensitive stomachs. You don’t have to worry about additional preservatives or harmful additives if the food is all natural. That doesn’t mean you shouldn’t double check the list of ingredients though, some brands falsely advertise all natural and slide the extra ingredients into the fine print.
The Limited Ingredient dog food is made with usually six or less ingredients, although some go up to eight or nine, and is perfect if your pup has allergies. These dog foods have an exact list for you to glance through and if you see an ingredient you don’t like, you can simply find another dog food.
This is a gift for those dogs who seem to have allergic reactions to everything, or just stomach sensitivities. Hypoallergenic is any product designed or made for dogs with allergies. In the case of dog beds, the bed will be made from fabric that repels dust mites or other irritants. In dog foods case, it means the ingredients are chosen as the least likely ones to cause allergic reactions.
Many people are confused when they see grain free dog food. You may wonder why they have grain free, is grain unhealthy for your pooch? The answer is not usually, the reason grain free dog foods are made is because grain can sometimes mess with dog’s stomachs. If your pup has a sensitive stomach, grain free is a good way to go for you. Otherwise, it doesn’t truly affect anything unless your dog has an allergy.
Like grain free above, while gluten on its own isn’t harmful to most dogs there are a select amount that have an intolerance. In their case you need a gluten free dog food. Usually if your dog needs this the vet will inform you of decent brands or options for you to choose from.