Regular grooming is an essential part of responsible pet ownership. Not only does it ensure that he looks as good as possible; but it also offers several other benefits that extend far beyond superficial aesthetics.
Proper grooming helps to ensure that your pup’s coat is properly kempt by removing the buildup of dead hair. It also promotes healthier skin, as dead hair can cause several skin problems, such as irritation, inflammation, and even infections. And of course, grooming can also make your life a lot easier too! By getting rid of that excess hair, your dog will shed less, which cleaner clothes and a cleaner house, too!
Unless you’re a professional or you have tons of experience, grooming your pet can be difficult. But if you have the best pet clippers, the process will be a lot easier on your pup – and on you! With that said, we’ve assembled a panel of experts to help us select the best dog grooming clippers. We’ve also read through countless dog clippers reviews. Our research has helped us narrow down the choices and select the five best dog clippers currently on the market.
Dog Grooming Clipper Review Center 2018
|Image||Dog Grooming Clippers||Price||Rating|
|#1 - Andis UltraEdge Super 2-Speed Detachable Blade Clipper||Check Price||99%|
|#2 - Oster A5 Two Speed Animal Grooming Clipper||Check Price||96%|
|#3 - Wahl Home Pet Pro-Series Complete Pet Clipper Kit||Check Price||93%|
|#4 - PetTech Professional Dog Grooming Kit||Check Price||89%|
|#5 - ENJOY PET Dog Clippers||Check Price||85%|
Now that you’ve had a look at our top five choices for the best pet clippers, let’s take a more detailed look at each one. Below, we discuss the features and benefits of each set of dog grooming clippers, and also share what we like most about each one. Once you’ve read through the reviews and you’ve decided which pet clippers will work best for your needs, click on the yellow link to find the best prices on Amazon!
#1 – Andis UltraEdge Super 2-Speed Detachable Blade Clipper
The Andis UltraEdge Super 2-Speed Detachable Blade Clipper is one of the best professional dog grooming clippers on the market. In fact, many of the professional groomers on our panel rely on these clippers for their clients. It’s designed to groom all types of coats on all types of breeds, including long haired Shit Tzu’s, Cavalier King Charles Spaniels’, and Miniature Schnauzers, as well as medium- and short-haired breeds, such as German Shepherds, Golden Retrievers, and even Boston Terriers and Mastiffs!
The sharp blades ensure a clean, yet safe cut, and won’t damage your pup’s coat or skin. With a two-speed rotary motor, this pet grooming clipper will deliver optimal performance. The blades are detachable, which allows for easy cleaning, and the 14 foot heavy-duty cord makes it easy to use. To further add to the outstanding features and design, this grooming clipper runs cool and quite, further ensuring the safety of your pup and minimizing the chances of him being spooked.
What We Like About It
- Runs cool and quite
- Features a shatterproof housing
- A two speed motor delivers optimal performance
- The 14 foot cord allows for easy operation
- Detachable blades allow for easy cleaning
Reasons to Complain
- Some people said that they are louder than they expected
- Others said that they got hot while running
Final Verdict: If you are looking for the best professional dog grooming clippers, than the Andis UltraEdge Super 2-Speed Detachable Blade Clippers won’t disappoint. They offer effective results and a reliable performance. As for the complaints listed above, we believe that could be the result of a design flaw or improper use, as we did not experience either of these issues.View on Amazon
#2 – Oster A5 Two Speed Animal Grooming Clipper
Next up on our list of the best grooming clippers for dogs is the A5 two Speed Animal Grooming Clipper from Oster. Oster is a well-known manufacturer of grooming products for humans, as well as pets. Their products always feature the most advanced designs and innovative technologies.
Their A5 Two Speed Animal Grooming Clippers are outfitted with a detachable CryogenX #10 blade. This blade is durable, sharp, and extremely efficient, so you can ensure that your pup will receive the best possible clipping with this tool. The clippers are powered by a heavy-duty, 2 speed, universal motor that runs at either 3,000 SPM or 4,000 SPM, so you can set the right speed for your pup’s coat. For example, the slower speed is a better choice for long, thick coats, such as that of a Bernese Mountain Dog, and the faster speed is a great choice for dogs with shorter hair, such as a German Shorthaired Pointer. And, if you have any other pets that need grooming, this tool will take care of all of them; cats, horses, and even livestock!
What We Like About It
- The heavy-duty universal motor offers 2 speeds for optimal performance
- The CryogenX blade is detachable for easy cleaning
- The clippers come with everything needed, including the blade, blade oil, clipper crease, a cleaning brush, and replacement carbon brushes
- Can be used on all coat types and other types of animals, too
Reasons to Complain
- Some of the dog clippers reviews that we read said the blade got hot
- There were some people who said that the construction could be better
Final Verdict: Overall, we think that that the Oster A5 Two Speed Animal Grooming Clipper is a great choice. However, do take caution with the blades, as there is a chance that they can heat up. Take breaks in between grooming sessions, if necessary.View on Amazon
#3 – Wahl Home Pet Pro-Series Complete Pet Clipper Kit
The Wahl Home Pet Pro-Series Complete Pet Clipper Kit will help you keep him looking neat and tidy. This grooming kit is ideal for touchups between visits to a professional groomer. Designed to offer the best results on dogs that have fine and medium coats, these clippers come with everything you need for those touchup jobs.
What we really like about this shaver is that it can be used with or without the cord. As long as it’s charged up, you can unplug it and clip your pup anywhere you want. If it needs power, just plug it in and you’ll still be able to shave your pooch. Outfitted with Wahl’s patented precision carbon steel self-sharpening blades, these clippers are designed to offer a very effective clipping. The PowerDrive motor is whisper quiet, so you don’t have to worry about your pup getting spooked out. It’s also ergonomically designed with a non-slip, comfort-grip handle to ensure you are as comfortable as possible throughout grooming sessions.
What We Like About It
- Wahl is one of the most trusted names in pet grooming products
- The PowerDrive motor is powerful, yet super quiet
- The patented self-sharpening, carbon stainless steel blades will retain their sharpness for a long time
- The ergonomic handle is comfortable and easy to use
- Can be used both as a corded and a cordless clipper
- The battery life only lasts for about 45 minutes when it’s unplugged
- Users complained that it isn’t effective on long-haired dogs, but it clearly states that it is ideal for fine, short-haired dogs
Final Verdict: If you are looking for dog grooming clippers that offer a reliable performance and are portable, than these are an excellent option to choose. However, if your pup has long hair, consider using another tool, as this is intended for medium-haired pups.View on Amazon
#4 – Pet Tech Professional Dog Grooming Kit
With the Professional Dog Grooming Kit from Pet Tech, you will get everything you need to groom your furry friend in one convenient kit! It comes complete with clippers, 2 pairs of grooming scissors, 4 guide combs, a styling comb, nail clippers and more! You’ll be able to keep your pet looking fresh with this all-in-one grooming kit.
The clippers feature a powerful, whisper-quiet motor; ideal for anxious pups. It’s powered by a rechargeable battery, so you can use it wherever you want to. An ergonomic handle makes it comfortable to hold and easy to operate. Designed to work with the contours of your dog’s body, you’ll be able to get the best cut with these clippers. And lastly, the precision-cut titanium blades won’t yank on your dog’s coat, so there’s no need to worry about harming him.
What We Like About It
- It’s battery operated, so there’s no need to worry about being limited by a cord
- The battery is rechargeable
- Precision-cut titanium blades won’t pull
- Comes with a variety of grooming tools
- Ergonomically designed to access those hard to reach areas
- Backed by a lifetime replacement guarantee.
Reasons to Complain
- It’s only meant to cut thin to medium coats, so it’s not ideal for thick coats, such as a Chow’s
- Some users said that they battery life was too short
Final Verdict: We were very impressed by the PetTech Professional Dog Grooming Kit. It offers great performance and offers great results. We also like that it comes with a variety of grooming tools.View on Amazon
#5 – ENJOY Pet Dog Clippers
Last, but certainly not least on our list of the best dog grooming clippers is the Pet Dog Clippers from ENJOY. These clippers are powered by a 2000 mAh lithium-ion battery that retains its charge for up to 7 hours (which is a lot longer than many other grooming tools that are battery powered). The battery is also rechargeable, so you’ll save money, too! A powerful 3.7 volt, 15 watt motor completes up to 9,000 revolutions per minute and won’t get clogged with hair. The blade on this clipper features 33 teeth, as compared to the standard 24 teeth on the blades of most clippers. That means that you can easily trim dogs with all types of coats, even furry soft hair, with this clipper.
Featuring Ultra-Quiet Technology that reduces friction and thus reduces noise, these clippers won’t scare your pup. And as a free gift, you will receive a stainless steel scissor and a comb to get your pet looking perfectly polished.
What We Like About It
- Powered by a long-lasting lithium ion battery
- The battery can be charged more than 500 times for extended use
- The 3.7 volt, 15 watt motor won’t get clogged with hair and delivers an incredible performance
- Since there are 33 teeth on the blade, this clipper can be used to groom all types of coats
Reasons to Complain
- It takes 3 hours to fully charge the battery
- Users have said that the clippers weren’t as durable as they expected them to be
Final Verdict: If you are looking for a set of dog grooming clippers that you can use anywhere to trim all types of coats, than the ENJOY Pet Dog Clippers are certainly worth considering. Thanks to the powerful motor, the rechargeable lithium ion battery, and the 33-tooth blade, these clippers can be used with most dogs.View on Amazon
Buyer’s Guide to the Best Dog Grooming Clippers
Being a pet parent is a big responsibility. Your pup looks to you for everything it needs, and you happily oblige by offering him the best care that you possibly can. You’ve gone out of your way to make sure that he has the most comfortable and supportive dog bed and that he’s sheltered by the highest quality dog crate and/or dog house. He has a spacious outdoor dog kennel where he can enjoy comfort, protection, and exercise, and he even has a dog playpen to ensure his safety when you can’t keep all eyes on him.
Of course, these aren’t the only supplies that you have for your pup: There are so many products on the market that you can use for your furry friend that can improve his safety, comfort, and just make his life a lot happier. For example, if your pup likes to hike with you, cooling vests for dogs can keep him comfortable and safe during hot weather. Or, if you want to ensure that he’s entertained and kept busy while you’re not home, automatic fetch machines and interactive dog toys are a great way to keep him happy. And of course, you make sure that you feed him the best possible dog food to ensure that his nutritional needs are being met, and feed him in a high quality dog bowl that is specifically designed to meet his needs.
These are just some of the ways that you go about providing your dog with the very best of care. But there’s another way that you can ensure that he is happy, comfortable, and healthy, too: Grooming!
With proper grooming you not only maintain your furry friend’s looks, but you also keep his coat and skin as healthy as possible. Bathing him with specially formulated dog shampoo, brushing him with the best dog brush, and keeping his nails neat and trim with professional-grade nail clippers for dogs are all important parts of regular grooming. But just as important is keeping his coat neat and trim with the best dog grooming clippers.
If you’ve just brought a dog into your home or you’ve had a furry friend for a while, but you’re thinking about grooming him on your own, you’ve come to the right place! In this section of our review, we share some important information about dog grooming clippers, including why it’s important to make sure that you are using the best dog hair clippers and the features that the best dog trimmers offer.
Why You Need the Best Dog Grooming Clippers
When it comes to caring for your four-legged family member, you always want to make sure that you are using the best products. For example, when it comes to brushing his teeth, it’s important to use the best toothpaste for dogs and the best toothbrushes for dogs. The same is true when it comes to trimming his coat.
While there are a lot of dog trimmers on the market, not all of them deliver the best results. In fact, many products are poorly designed and can actually end up making your pup’s coat look worse than it did before he was trimmed; or in the worst case scenario, the clippers can damage your pup’s skin!
That’s why it’s important to make sure you use the best clipper possible. A high-quality clipper won’t pull your pup’s hair, will be effective, won’t damage your furry friend’s skin, and will be easy to use. Shaving a dog’s coat can difficult, especially if you’re new to the process or if your pooch is anxious or timid. By using the best clippers possible, the entire process will be a lot easier on both of you; not to mention, you’ll be able to achieve the best results.
Grooming Clippers: Things to Consider
So, it’s important to use high-quality dog grooming clippers; but what exactly is it that constitutes a great pair of clippers? Below, we take a look at some of the things that you should take into consideration when you are shopping for a pair of dog trimmers.
- The speed. The rate of speed at which the blades rotate is important. The faster they are, the faster the trimming will be completed. If you’re going to be trimming several dogs in one day, or you have a dog that is highly fidgety, you’ll definitely want to choose a pair of fast clippers; however, if you are just getting started out with grooming, you may want to opt for something that runs at a slower speed until you get the hang of it. You could also opt for a trimmer that offers variable speeds (multiple speed settings) so you can adjust the speed to meet your specific needs.
- The blades. If you’ve ever tried to cut hair with a pair of dull scissors or shave with a dull razor blade, then you know how ineffective and even painful it can be. The same is true when cutting your dog’s coat with dog grooming clippers. The higher the quality and the sharper the blades, the more effectively they are going to cut his coat. The best quality dog trimmers feature durable, precision cut blades that won’t pull his hair and will glide through his coat.
In addition to the quality, you might also want to consider detachable blades; it will make the process of changing the blades or attachments a lot easier.
- Wired or wireless? You should also consider whether you want a wired or a wireless trimmer. Wired models tend to be more powerful; however, you do have to contend with the cord and are limited by the length. If you are opting for a wired trimmer, make sure to choose one that features a long, heavy-duty cord. Wireless models are battery operated, which makes for more convenience; however, the amount of power they offer and the length of time the run between charges is limited.
- You should also think about the noise level of the trimmers. Loud trimmers can scare even the calmest, most easy going pups. Look for a pair of clippers that offer quiet operation. Not only will it prevent your dog from being spooked, but you’ll also appreciate the lower degree of noise.
- Lastly, you should consider the operating temperature of the dog grooming clippers. The constant rotation of the blades creates friction, and friction creates heat. If the clippers are hot, they can cause serious injuries. That’s why it’s important to look for a model that is designed to retain a low operating temperature.
Grooming is a vital part of caring for your pet responsibly; and trimming your pup’s coat is a very important part of grooming. This is particularly true for medium to long haired dogs, or dogs that have double coats.
With routine trimming, you’ll remove built up hair, improve the health of your dog’s coat and skin, enhance his comfort, and just make him look more pleasing. When it comes to trimming your furry friend’s coat, always make sure that you use the best dog grooming clippers possible. Doing so will ensure that he gets the best and safest trim, which will make both you and your four-legged family member a lot happier.