There are many factors, from materials to safety guards, that are factors in the selection of the best dog grooming product for you. I’ve done the research and found the very best dog grooming scissors. Here’s what I found:
Best Dog Grooming Scissors
Here are my dog grooming scissor reviews.
1. Gimars 4CR Stainless Steel Dog Grooming Scissors
The Gimars scissor sets allow you to cut your dog’s hair with confidence. The rounded safety edges protect your dog from nicks. And, the countered scissors make it easy to groom your pet around eyes, nose and ears.
- These Gimars grooming scissors are processed with titanium coat.
- The set includes a 6.69 inch thinning shears, 7 inch curved scissors, 6.1 inch and 5.1 inch straight scissors, stainless steel comb, cleaning cloth, and storage case.
- The finger rings are detachable for larger finger use.
2. RUBOLD Professional Dog Grooming Scissors Set
The RUBOLD grooming set is a professional grade grooming set. The rounded edges protect your pet around sensitive areas. And the non slip cushioned finger holes provided maximum comfort for long time use.
- Each blade is sharp and made high quality strong stainless steel.
- The adjustable screws make it super easy to fine tune the tightness of the blades.
- These scissors come totally pre sharpened for a lifetime of use.
3. KINSARO Dog Grooming Scissors
The KINSARO brand of dog grooming scissors are associated with high quality workmanship. These precise V shape of the blade offers 20% to 30% thinning rate. And, the rounded tip is safe for the groomer and the dog.
- Each scissor is made by experienced craftsmen in Japan.
- One end of the blade features 46 teeth for thinning.
- KINSARO features a well-proportioned honed edge line.
4. Pet Magasin Pet Grooming Scissors
The Pet Magasin features two pairs of scissors made of high-quality Japanese stainless steel. These scissors are made for professional grooming quality and featured cushioned handles for extended use. And, these blades are so sharp they will cut through the thickest fur.
- Pet Magasin features the finest quality surgical stainless steel blades.
- The cushioned handles and extra finger rest for maximum comfort during long grooming sessions.
- These scissors feature rounded tips for safety.
5. Conair PRO Dog Round-Tip Shears
The Conair PRO shears are the professional and economical choices for dog grooming. These scissors are available in multiple sizes, including a rounded edge for contouring. The cushioned finger holes make grooming more comfortable.
- The “Ever Guard” coated blades provide a non-stick, smooth surface.
- These scissors feature blunt tips for safety.
- Constructed from Japanese stainless steel.
6. Elfirly Dog Grooming Scissors Set
The Elfirly dog grooming set features two sets of scissors for cutting and for thinning for hte ultimate groom. These blades are sharp and durable and made of high-quality stainless steel material. And, the adjustable screw in the middle can be manipulated to change the blade strength.
- The rounded end tips provide extra safety when grooming sensitive areas such as face, nose, ears and eyes.
- Elfirly scissors have removable rubber rings, providing a comfortable holding feel.
- The blade can be adjusted to a tight or wide position for cutting thinner, softer or thicker and heavier hair.
7. Chibuy Professional Pet Grooming Scissor
This Amazon’s Choice brand provides the ultimate in safety. The circular arc design prevents damage to pets sensitive areas. These scissors are made of durable stainless steel.
- The Circular arc design protects sensitive areas on pets, including ear hair, tactile hair and hair on foot and claw.
- The TPR handle is environmentally friendly and non toxic.
- The finger holes provide extra comfort for extended use.
8. GLADOG Professional Grooming Scissors for Dogs
GLADDOG designs scissors for the professional or the professional amateur! This scissors kit comes with three different types of scissors and a comb. And, GLADDOG designs for safety, with rounded and blunt tips.
- The round tips of pet scissors are made of 4CR Titanium Coated Stainless Steel.
- The ergonomic design is created for comfort.
- The finger holes are cushioned to minimize fatigue for long time use.
9. HASHIMOTO Curved Scissors for Dog Grooming
The Hashimoto curved scissors are the highest quality in design and precision dog grooming scissors. These scissors are carefully made by hand by expert craftsmen. These scissors undergo strict quality control processes before shipping.
- The blade is made from Japanese Hitachi 440C stainless steel.
- Cryogenically tempered material keeps the blades in high performance shape for years.
- The symmetrical handle allows you to hold the shear comfortably with the blades curving both inward and outward.
10. iSeaFly Dog Grooming Kit
The iSeaFly dog grooming kit is stocked with all the necessities for the perfect grooming. This kit includes four pairs of scissors, including thinning scissors, as well as a comb and a cloth. This kit contains every type of scissors to trim all the sensitive and main areas of your pet.
- All grooming shears are designed ergonomically for maximum comfort which will reduce hand fatigue for long time use.
- All the dog grooming scissors have a round tip top.
- All grooming shears are designed ergonomically for maximum comfort.
11. LILYS PET Professional PET Dog Grooming Coated Titanium Scissors
Lily’s Pet Professional scissors combine high quality with gorgeous design. This kit comes with four scissors, including a thinning scissors and a comb and cloth. This set was designed especially for the comfort of someone who uses their right hand.
- These scissors are made of 6CR stainless steel and coated with titanium.
- The design insures the minimum risk for repetitive motion injury.
- All scissors come presharped with razor sharp edges.
12. Petsvv 3 Pack Dog Grooming Scissors
Petsvv comes with three instruments to complete your pet grooming. The The curved scissor is made for trimming around head, ear, eyes, fluffy legs and paws and the dog trimming shears can be used to refine the cut. The round design also keeps pets safe from accidental injury.
- Petsvv features an adjustable screw for tightness or separating blades for sharpening and cleaning.
- These blades are made of high-quality stainless steel.
- Also features a black silencer pad to prevent the pet from getting scared.
Dog Grooming Scissors Buying Guide
There are many factors that are necessary to consider when selecting the right pair of dog grooming scissors for you. Certainly, before purchasing any scissors, it’s important to reflect on the size and type of dog in which these scissors will be used. Some dogs have rough and wiry hair, while others have fine and fluffy hair that requires more delicate cuts around the eyes, ears and nose.
There are different types of scissors meant for different types of hair grooming. Some scissors are curved and contoured meant to reach into more difficult or sensitive places. Other scissors contain thinning combs on one blade that are meant to gently refine and shape the initial cut. And yet other shears are straight blades meant to perform the initial cut. It is important to assess the types of dogs and fur that you will be using to select the ideal scissors.
Dog grooming shears can be sharp edged or rounded/blunt. These scissors serve different purposes. However, a dog’s skin can be very thin. If grooming is going to occur around any sensitive places like eyes, ears or nose, finding a scissors with a rounded or blunt end is imperative to the safety of the grooming experience.
Grooming blades are typically created from stainless steel or carbon steel. Some groomers prefer the carbon steel for it’s sharp edges, while others prefer the stainless steel for its durability and protection against rust. High-quality scissors may be handmade; many of the highest quality scissors we reviewed were handmade using Japanese stainless steel and then coated in titanium for a long lasting product.
Scissors or Set
It’s important to assess what type of grooming you will be doing as you purchase your scissors. If it is just meant for a fill in between grooming sessions, then a simple set of grooming scissors should do the trick. However, if you plan on grooming your dog at home, it may be beneficial to buy a set of scissors so that you are equipped with blades that perform a variety of functions.