Best Dog Harnesses for Australian Shepherds
Here are our Australian Shepherd dog harness reviews.
The TIANYAO dog harness is designed specifically for large breed dogs. The unique triangular design distributes the weight to prevent pulling or choking. Two leash attachments allow for a front attachment for guiding or a back attachment for gentle walking.
- The triangular connected straps design is more tear resistant and durable.
- This pet harness comes with two sturdy metal D-ring on front and back range to attach the leash lead.
- Reflective straps maintain high visibility.
The Babyltrl is highly rated and designed for large dogs and is especially beneficial for more mature pets. This harness is no pull and choke free. And, it’s adjustable fit ensures a secure and comfortable fit.
- The pulling pressure is evenly distributed to the body to prevent choking.
- The harness comes with a D-ring leash attachment point to help you to control your dog.
- The reflective strip keeps you and your pet visible in low light.
EcoBark is a versatile harness which is designed to be gentle with no pull. These harnesses sit a bit higher on the dog, ensuring that your dog can not escape or remove the harness with his or her paw. Available in multiple sizes and colors, the EcoBark can be customized to fit your pet’s size and personality.
- EcoBark is available in multiple sizes, including XS, and 9 colors.
- The EcoBark is designed to provide a gentle, “no pull” effect.
- These harnesses are designed to sit it higher than most dog harnesses to prevent escape.
Chai’s Choice Outdoor Adventure Dog Harness is made for a walk around the block or the wilderness. Constructed of the most durable oxford mesh, Chai’s Choice stands up to the elements. The material is also scratch-resistant and available in a variety of colors.
- The outer layer of Chai’s Choice is made of scratch-resistant oxford material.
- The harness features a lightweight duraflex buckle with large loading capacity.
- Chai’s Choice is available in XS and 9 colors.
Ruffwear makes products for dogs and their humans that love adventure. Ruffwear is durable and this harness is designed for the large pet and owner on the go. With a customizable fit and comfort, there’s a Ruffwear out for you.
- Five convenient points of adjustment offer full range of motion.
- The foam-padded straps provide lasting comfort without hindering movement.
- The RUFFWEAR offers two sturdy leash ring connectors
Australian Shepherd Dog Harness Buyer’s Guide
For shepherding dogs like the Australian Shepherd, harnesses offer many advantages over collars. They will not choke the dog when the leash is attached like a collar would, and by distributing the pull of the leash over the dog’s center of gravity they allow for greater control. They also allow for modifications like reflective tape and name tapes. Here are features to focus on when buying a harness for your American Shepherd.
Tough and Durable.
Australian Shepherds will enthusiastically run when outside, and that means their harnesses will often catch branches or snag on obstacles. Weak or flimsy harnesses will wear out quickly! When looking for a harness for your Australian Shepherd, prioritize sturdy and dense nylon straps rather than nylon mesh straps.
The athletic Australian Shepherd can lunge quite powerfully against a leash or a tie-down, and that puts a strain on harness and buckles. For a harness right for this breed of dog, avoid flimsy plastic tab buckles, or look for buckles with a load rating of at least 100 pounds. Metal buckles are the best.
The harness of an Australian Shepherd can get quite dirty due to their love of the outside and need for activity. Regular washing will be necessary for the harness of these dogs, both to avoid dirtying the house and to keep it from getting stiff and uncomfortable. Look for harnesses that can be thrown in the washing machine for the easiest results.
Options and Accessories.
Harnesses offer a lot more room than collars for attachments and accessories. They mostly come with leash rings, but many also come with training handles, pull attachments, or reflectors for visibility at night. Many harnesses also have velcro strips on them which are also handy for affixing a name tape to your dog’s harness.
- Best Leash for Dogs that Pull
- Best Dog Harness
- Best Dog Muzzle
- Best Dog Activity Monitor
- Best Dog Bike Trailer
- Best Dog Stroller
- Best Dog Training Collar
- Best Dog Leash for Running
- Best Australian Shepherd Essentials, Accessories, and Toys
- Best Dog Food for Australian Shepherds
- Best Dog Crate for Australian Shepherds
- Best Dog Bed for Australian Shepherds
- Best Dog Brush for Australian Shepherds
- Best Dog Toys for Australian Shepherds
- Best Dog Collar for Australian Shepherds
- Best Dog Muzzle for Australian Shepherds
- Best Dog Shampoo for Australian Shepherds
- Best Puppy Food for Australian Shepherds