Beagles are full of energy. Though they be but little, they are fierce and enthusiastic, especially when they see a squirrel or another small creature! Beagles are very friendly, but they are also natural diggers and climbers. This is why a harness for when you’re taking your Beagle out and about might be the best thing to keep your Beagle safe and secure.
Wondering what kind of Beagle harness is best? We’ve rounded up our favorites.
Best Dog Harnesses for Beagles
Here are our Beagle dog harness reviews.
The Pupteck harness uses heavy duty stitching to keep your smallest puppies safe and protected in your care. The durable nylon is high-quality and will not rip or tear, even with the most rambunctious puppies. And the Pupteck is available in a variety of colors.
- The Pupteck features clip closure and two heavy-duty D-rings for added security.
- The harness has a quick release snap which makes it easy to put on and remove.
- High quality nylon fabric with high density webbing to add durability
Ruffwear makes products for dogs and their humans that love adventure. Ruffwear is durable and this harness is designed for the large pet and owner on the go. With a customizable fit and comfort, there’s a Ruffwear out for you.
- Five convenient points of adjustment offer full range of motion.
- The foam-padded straps provide lasting comfort without hindering movement.
- The RUFFWEAR offers two sturdy leash ring connectors.
The Paw Five is designed with the large, active dog in mind. The ergonomic design is comfortable and adjustable. And, the bright colors maximize visibility for safety.
- The waterproof outer-shell also features authentic safety belts.
- Adjustable waist and chest straps ensure the perfect fit.
- Interchangeable side patches allows for personalization.
The Barkbay harness is designed specifically for large dogs. This harness comes in a variety of colors and features quick release buckles for easy wear and removal. And the anti-chafe material ensures your pet’s comfort.
- ID tag pocket ensures your pet can be easily identified.
- Ultra reflective strips offer visibility in low lights
- The harness features two D-ring leash attachments at the front and the back of the dog.
INVENHO Mesh Harness clips around the neck and chest; once sizes, this harness can be removed or pulled on with ease. The breathable mesh keeps encourages air flow to keep your dog but adds extra warmth in the winter. A provided sizing charts helps you select the perfect fit and color for your pet.
- INVENHO features a breathable mesh material to encourage air flow.
- The clips hook around both your pet’s neck and chest, allowing for the harness to be both easily applied and taken off.
- The dimensions of the chest girth are 13.5-17.5 inches and a neck size of 9.5 inches.
Beagle Dog Harness Buying Guide
Beagles require frequent walks and have seemingly boundless energy. But, Beagles are often known to suffer from “selective hearing,” especially when a squirrel, chipmunk or other small creature is in sight. Beagles are smart and natural hunters, they are also strong; it’s important to consider a harness for your Beagle if you are going to take him or her out on frequent walks. But not every harness is the same. It’s important to consider specific features, like easy and quick adjustment, strong buckles and D-rings and even reflective materials to keep your pet safe.
Easy and Multiple Points of Adjustment
When your Beagle hears you get out the harness or the clang of the leash, chances are they are going to be very excited to go outside and spin off some of that energy. This is why it’s important that the harness that you select has easy adjustment with multiple adjustable points. The more points of adjustment, the more customized the fit. This will prevent escape and can prevent your Beagle from chewing on the straps and breaking the harness.
Durable Straps vs, Breathable Mesh
There are two types of harnesses that you might consider: thin straps and breathable mesh.
Thin, durable strap harnesses often argue multiple points of adjustment and connect in many different locations. Look for straps made of an extremely durable material, like oxford cloth with heavy duty stitching. This will prevent the harness from breaking if your pup gets too adventurous.
Breathable mesh distributes the points of attachment and wraps the dog in a comfort harness. The breathable mesh will prevent your Beagle from overheating, but it also can provide a little extra warmth on a cold, winter walk. Breathable mesh is also ideal for puppies; it does not pull or put any pressure on a singular area, like the neck.
Secure but easy to remove buckles
Look for harnesses that feature heavy-duty buckles made of stainless steel that are also easy to remove. This will allow you to put on and remove the harness quickly, whether it’s at the beginning of the walk or in case of an emergency situation. Once you have adjusted your harness, secure buckles will help ensure that it fits the same with the same security every time.
Double Stitching of D-rings
Beagles can be very strong. It’s essential that the D-ring where the leash connects remain steadfast on the harness. This will keep your pet secure in case they try to take off. Look for a D-Ring made of stainless steel with reinforced stitching at the seam to prevent breakage.
Look for a harness that features reflective strips. These strips can work in the day just as as well as the night. Not only will it help other people and cars see you both while walking, but it can help you spot your pet if he or she gets loose.
- Best Leash for Dogs that Pull
- Best Dog Harness
- Best Dog Muzzle
- Best Dog Activity Monitor
- Best Dog Bike Trailer
- Best Dog Stroller
- Best Dog Training Collar
- Best Dog Leash for Running
- Best Dog Food for Beagles
- Best Dog Crate for Beagles
- Best Dog Bed for Beagles
- Best Dog Brush for Beagles
- Best Dog Toys for Beagles
- Best Dog Collar for Beagles
- Best Dog Muzzle for Beagles
- Best Dog Shampoo for Beagles