The following is a list of the top five dog harnesses for the Belgian Malinois to help you find just the right one.
Best Dog Harnesses for Belgian Malinois
Here are our Belgian Malinois dog harness reviews.
Available in 3 sizes and four different colors, the ICEFANG Tactical K9 Operation Harness offers a MOLLE system (Modular Lightweight Load-Carrying Equipment). This system allows your dog to carry equipment for long walks, hiking, or training. This harness will fit your Belgian Malinois comfortably with its adjustable positions for the shoulders and chest.
- Its two metal buckle-system withstands 1000 lb load test on the shoulder position when the dog pulls.
- Strength is reinforced through Bartack and X in Box pattern stitching on every joint.
- Harness is strong enough for military dogs.
The FIVEWOODY Tactical Dog Training Harness is easy to put on and remove from your Belgian Malinois with its two quick-release buckles. Four adjustable straps allow the harness to fit snugly on the dog. Padding on each pressure point protects your pet’s skin as it moves.
- Great for service, hunting, and outdoor recreation.
- Molle strips are sewn on both sides of the vest allowing your dog to tote gear.
- Two leash attachment points allow for leash training or casual walking.
The Excellent Elite Spanker Tactical Dog Harness is made from high-quality Nylon and soft padding to prevent your dog’s skin from chafing. Its top handle allows the owner to quickly redirect the dog by raising its front legs off the ground. This military-grade dog harness is perfect for your Belgian Malinois with its adjustable straps and 4 quick-release buckles.
- A metal V-shaped buckle attached to the top of the harness allows the attached dog leash to maintain close control.
- The company offers a 100% quality warranty and a full 90-day refund.
- This leash is perfect for leash training your pet as its design requires less pulling by the owner.
The high-quality Mousamare Tactical Dog Vest is made of durable, water-resistant 1050-D Nylon. It comes in just one size and color but has adjustable settings to create a comfortable fit for your Belgian Malinois. The four reinforced buckles create an easy system for taking the harness on and off your pet.
- Molle vest has a large neck girth suitable for large dogs.
- The vest offers plenty of ways to attach gear without having too much material touching your dog’s skin and hair.
- The vest is open on the front allowing air to reach your pet’s chest.
Recently upgraded to include a third size, the OneTigris Tactical Dog Harness ensures a comfortable fit with its durable, padded material. This adjustable harness offers two areas for leash control, including a V-shaped ring in the front. Your Belgian Malinois will be ready for carrying equipment with 2 strips of Molle on both sides.
- Offers loop panels to attach badges or warnings.
- The front of the harness allows ample room for your dog’s legs to move about easily
- X-shaped bungee cording along the top is great for attaching elongated gear.
Belgian Malinois Dog Harness Buying Guide
Whether you intend to go on leisure walks with your Belgian Malinois or head out on hikes, getting the right harness will make a big difference. For highly-energetic dogs, such as the Belgian Malinois breed, you’ll want to be sure the harness you choose is a good match for your pet and allows you to be in control. Here are some things to consider.
Be sure to measure your dog’s rib cage before purchasing a dog harness. The harness should fit snugly but still allow you to put your finger between the material and your dog’s body. Harnesses that are too tight can cut off circulation and make breathing difficult. Check the fit on your dog often to ensure the size is right. Depending on the adjustability, you may need to replace the harness a few times during the life-span of your dog.
Since the Belgian Malinois is considered a large, active breed, it will need a sturdy harness that can withstand some force if the dog pulls. Some models of harness offer a simple clasp on the dog’s back, while others wrap around the entire chest. The larger the dog, the more likely you will need a harness that wraps around the dog’s chest for better control. Some harnesses tighten slightly whenever your dog pulls to teach it that pulling is an undesired behavior.
A Belgian Malinois is a short-haired dog, so consider the material used to make the harness. One with plenty of padding, especially near highly-stitched, reinforced joints, will help protect your dog’s skin and hair. While there may be some harnesses made of softer material such as leather, you may want to choose one that is completely washable.
Front-clip VS Back-clip
For more active dogs like the Belgian Malinois, a front-clip harness helps the owner have more control during a walk. Unfortunately, it swings down below the dog’s front legs, causing it to get tangled in the leash.
Back-clip harnesses allow for an easier walk since the leash stays on top of the dog. It is easy to attach the leash as well. Unfortunately, a back clip harness causes the owner to have little control over the pet’s walking direction.
Regardless of the harness you choose, either type is better for training and walking your Belgian Malinois than relying solely on a leash, which can be painful and harmful to your dog’s neck.
- Best Leash for Dogs that Pull
- Best Dog Harness
- Best Dog Muzzle
- Best Dog Activity Monitor
- Best Dog Bike Trailer
- Best Dog Stroller
- Best Dog Training Collar
- Best Dog Leash for Running
- Best Dog Food for Belgian Malinois
- Best Puppy Food for Belgian Malinois
- Best Dog Crate for Belgian Malinois
- Best Dog Bed for Belgian Malinois
- Best Dog Brush for Belgian Malinois
- Best Dog Toys for Belgian Malinois
- Best Dog Collar for Belgian Malinois
- Best Dog Muzzle for Belgian Malinois
- Best Dog Shampoo for Belgian Malinois