Here is a list of the top five dog harnesses for the Belgian Sheepdog to help you make the right selection.
Best Dog Harnesses for Belgian Sheepdogs
Here are our Belgian Sheepdog dog harness reviews.
The FIVEWOODY Tactical Dog Training Harness is an easy-on, easy-off harness for your Belgian Sheepdog. With four adjustable straps and two quick-release buckles, the harness will fit your dog comfortably. Each pressure point offers padding to protect your pet’s hair and skin.
- Great for Belgian Sheepdogs that often serve as helping animals.
- Both sides of the vest are equipped with Molle strips that allow your dog to carry gear.
- Whether your dog is out for a walk or going to work, two leash attachment points make this a versatile harness.
High-quality padding and Nylon make up the Excellent Elite Spanker Tactical Dog Harness. A handle located on the top of the harness helps the owner redirect the dog easily. With four quick-release buckles and adjustable straps, this dog harness is perfect for your Belgian Sheepdog.
- 100% quality warranty and a full 90-day refund are offered with purchase.
- A top-attaching, metal V-shaped buckle allows the owner to maintain close control.
- This is a perfect leash for training your pet due to its classic design.
Chai’s Choice Adventure 2 comes in 5 sizes and three different colors. The leash provides good visibility at night with 3M reflective material built into the Nylon webbing. A sturdy handle on the top allows your Belgian Sheepdog to be buckled in for a safe ride in the car.
- Made of scratch-resistant, durable material for your pet.
- Two harness points made of Zinc-alloy are located on the front and top.
- Since 2014, this company has been owned and operated by a US Navy veteran.
The RUFFWEAR Front Range Dog Harness is durable and lightweight. With four adjustable locations for a snug fit, this harness will make a comfortable fit for your Belgian Sheepdog. Two points for leash attachment are built into reinforced webbing.
- Equal weight distribution is offered by padded strips across the chest and belly.
- Your dog’s tags are easily stored in a convenient, easy-to-reach pocket.
- Bright material and reflective trim make it easy to see your dog at night.
The Juxzh Truelove Soft Front Dog Harness comes in four sizes and 11 stylish colors! The outer layer is made of a scratch-resistant, durable Oxford material making a cozy fit for your Belgian Sheepdog. A Draflex Buckle allows the harness to be easily put on or removed from your pet.
- The comfortable lining of mesh and soft padding protects the chest and belly.
- Aluminum-alloy V-ring and stainless steel O-ring make the leash points durable.
- A convenient handle on the top allows the owner to offer extra control in any situation.
Belgian Sheepdog Dog Harness Buying Guide
There are a few things to keep in mind when purchasing the right harness for your Belgian Sheepdog. Whether you head out on a walk or lead your pet to serve and protect, a secure-fitting harness makes a difference. Consider the following features.
Measuring your dog’s neck, belly, and rib cage before purchasing a dog harness is a crucial first step. The harness must fit snugly while still allowing space for your finger to slide between the material and the dog. While a loose harness might cause your dog to break free, a harness that is too tight might prevent proper circulation. As your dog grows, check the fit on your dog and adjust the straps. If you own your Belgian Sheepdog as a puppy, be prepared to replace the harness as it grows into an adult.
Since the Belgian Sheepdog is considered an active, working breed, it needs a durable harness that can tolerate force when the dog pulls. Most of these models wrap around the chest and close with a strong clasp on top. Some harnesses offer an extra strap around the dog’s belly for extra support and control. If your dog is not leash-trained, you might want to select a harness that tightens when your dog pulls against you.
A Belgian sheepdog has a long, sleek coat, so consider the material used to make the harness. There should be ample padding along the joints where the straps meet to protect your dog. For a working, playful dog, you may want to choose a harness that is completely washable.
Another thing to consider is the color of the material. If you are likely to take your dog out at night, you will want to consider a harness that has reflective material, so the dog is easily spotted by drivers.
Front-clip vs Back-clip
When taking a hardworking dog like the Belgian Sheepdog on a walk, a front-clip harness assists the owner with better control. Depending on the length of the leash that is attached, however, the dog can easily get tripped up in the leash.
For leash-trained dogs, a back-clip harness allows for an easier walk since the leash stays above the dog. A back-clip harness makes it easier to attach the leash as well. A down-side to a back clip harness is the lack of control the owner has in the pet’s direction.
Whichever harness you choose, be sure it offers a snug, comfortable fit for your pet and allows you to have the control of your dog.
- Best Leash for Dogs that Pull
- Best Dog Harness
- Best Dog Muzzle
- Best Dog Activity Monitor
- Best Dog Bike Trailer
- Best Dog Stroller
- Best Dog Training Collar
- Best Dog Leash for Running
- Best Dog Food for Belgian Sheepdogs
- Best Puppy Food for Belgian Sheepdogs
- Best Dog Crate for Belgian Sheepdogs
- Best Dog Bed for Belgian Sheepdogs
- Best Dog Brush for Belgian Sheepdogs
- Best Dog Toys for Belgian Sheepdogs
- Best Dog Collar for Belgian Sheepdogs
- Best Dog Muzzle for Belgian Sheepdogs
- Best Dog Shampoo for Belgian Sheepdogs