Below are the top five recommended dog harnesses for Border Collies, with short item descriptions besides each one to explain why that product made it into the line up. At the end of the article is a buying guide with extra information about the various features of harnesses available to you on the market and short explanations on why you would want to buy them.
Best Dog Harnesses for Border Collies
Here are our Border Collie dog harness reviews.
The Rabbitgoo Outdoor Sturdy Dog Harness is made to be no pull for those excitable Border Collies who can’t seem to help themselves. The straps are adjustable to meet all of your sizing needs. The reflective material interwoven makes night walks safer for you and your Border Collie.
- No pull design makes walks easier on you
- Adjustable feature makes it where you can give your dog as close to a custom fit as possible
- Reflective material makes night and days walks safer
The Voyager Step In Dog Harness is made with all weather mesh, making it perfect for your Border Collie all year round. The step in design is made for those dogs who loathe getting ready in the morning for their walk. With the reflective bands, the vest makes night walks safer for you and your Border Collie.
- Mesh is designed to work for any season of the year
- Step in design makes getting your furry friend ready easy
- Reflective material is nice for safer night walks
The BABYLTRL Oxford Dog Harness is designed to be a no pull harness, making training your Border Collie easier on you. The sturdy oxford material gives it a durable but comfortable feel. The reflective material makes night walks safer for you and your Border Collie.
- No pull harness makes training easier on you
- Sturdy fabric is made to last but comfortable to the touch
- Reflective material makes you walks safer
The PoyPet Front Lead Dog Harness is designed to make training easier, just connect the lead to the front clip and you and your Border Collie are ready to go. The vest is no pull and no choke, for your Border Collie’s comfort while training. The interior of the vest is padded for your dog’s comfort.
- Front lead makes training easy on you
- No pull and no choke vest for safety
- Padded interior makes the vest comfy for long hours of use
The Puppia Large Dog Harness is made with an adjustable neck to give your Border Collie the best fit possible. With four sizes and nine colors, this harness has a wide variety of options for you to choose from. The breathable mesh makes the harness great for hot days walking with your Border Collie.
- Adjustable neck is great for dogs in between sizes
- Wide variety of sizing and style options to choose from
- Mesh is great for hot days thanks to its breathable feature
Border Collie Dog Harness Buying Guide
As you can see from the above products, there are many different harnesses for you to choose from with varying features on each of them that make them a good choice for your Border Collie. Before you buy a harness for your furry friend, you should always measure them thoroughly and compare it to the brand’s sizing guide. This ensures the harness you buy is the correct fit, to avoid aggravating mistakes and products that you can’t use. Below are some of the features available to you with short descriptions, to explain why you would want that feature over other ones.
Having an adjustable harness for your Border Collie can be a God send for sizing, especially if they are slightly chunky around their middle and regular harnesses cut too tightly on them. The adjustable harness allows you to decide how snug or loose you want it to fit on your Border Collie. Always keep in mind that you should be able to slide two fingers between the harness and your Border Collie’s skin to ensure a fit that is not too loose but not too tight.
Reflective lining on a harness is one of the best things you can get for safety during your walks with your Border Collie. Reflective material is made to catch light from car beams and send it back to the driver, thus alerting them to your presence. This makes night walks considerably safer for you and your canine companion. While the effect does work in the daytime, it isn’t as drastic as at night.
Step In Design
Does your Border Collie loathe being buckled into their harness and make getting ready a hassle as they fight you while you try to put it on them? The dog product industry has the answer to your problem. The step in design on your Border Collie’s harness makes getting ready easy, just slip their feet into the holes and you’re ready to go.
No Choke/No Pull
If you have a Border Collie who is just starting their leash training and they love to yank on their lead, hurting themselves in the process, this is the feature for you. The no choke and no pull harness gently corrects them when they try to pull ahead, tugging them back to your side while stopping any painful choking with the neckline of the harness. No more accidental pain for your Border Collie!
- Best Leash for Dogs that Pull
- Best Dog Harness
- Best Dog Muzzle
- Best Dog Activity Monitor
- Best Dog Bike Trailer
- Best Dog Stroller
- Best Dog Training Collar
- Best Dog Leash for Running
- Best Dog Food for Border Collies
- Best Dog Crate for Border Collies
- Best Dog Bed for Border Collies
- Best Dog Brush for Border Collies
- Best Dog Toys for Border Collies
- Best Dog Collar for Border Collies
- Best Dog Muzzle for Border Collies
- Best Dog Shampoo for Border Collies
- Best Puppy Food for Border Collies