Below are the top five recommended dog harnesses for Bulldogs, with short item descriptions alongside each product to explain why you would want to buy that one. At the end of the article is a buying guide with extra information about the various features of dog harnesses that your Bulldog would benefit from.
Best Dog Harnesses for Bulldogs
Here are our Bulldog dog harness reviews.
1. Julius K9 Powerharness Dog Harness
The Julius K9 Powerharness Dog Harness is made with high quality materials for your Bulldog’s comfort and your peace of mind. The buckle is easy to clip and unclip for easy on and off access when getting ready. The edges are made with reflective material interwoven for you and your Bulldog’s safety during night walks.
- High quality harness is made for durability and comfort
- Easy access buckle makes on the go easier
- Reflective trimming gives safer night walks for you and your Bulldog
2. Chai’s Choice Adventure Dog Harness
The Chai’s Choice Adventure Dog Harness is made with two leash attachments to give you multiple options for how you’d like to train your Bulldog. The reflective material interwoven on the harness gives you and your Bulldog safer night walks. The adjustable straps give you the option of fitting the harness to your Bulldog.
- Two leash attachments for training options
- Reflective material is safer for night walks
- Adjustable straps gives an almost custom fit
3. Ruffwear Large Dog Harness
The Ruffwear Large Dog Harness is made with the best quality of materials to ensure your Bulldog is comfortable in their harness. The design is great for walking, running or hiking with your furry friend. The inside of the harness is padded for your Bulldog’s comfort while wearing it for long hours at a time.
- Quality harness is made from the best materials possible
- Harness is designed for walking, running and hiking
- Padded interior makes for a comfy harness for your Bulldog
4. Juxzh Large Dog Harness
The Juxzh Large Dog Harness is made with soft but durable material to ensure both the strength of the harness and your Bulldog’s comfort. The design is made to be no pull and no choke, great for puppies who are only just beginning training. The reflective material makes night walks safer for both you and your Bulldog.
- Soft and durable harness is great for your Bulldog
- No pull and no choke is great for training
- Reflective material bounces light of car beams back at drivers
5. Noxgear LightHound Dog Harness
The Noxgear LightHound Dog Harness is made with high quality fiber optics for the best LED dog harness for your Bulldog. The harness is rechargeable for your convenience, just plug it into the USB charging cable and you are ready to go. The straps are adjustable to best fit to your Bulldog.
- High quality materials are used for the best harness possible
- Rechargeable via USB slot for your convenience
- Adjustable straps give an almost custom fit to your Bulldog
Bulldog Dog Harness Buying Guide
As you can see from the above products there are many different variations for you to choose from with different styles, prices and colors. It is vital that you get the correct size of harness for your Bulldog, no matter which harness you choose. The reason this is so important is if you get a harness that is too loose then your Bulldog can slip out of it, but if it is too tight then it can chafe and rub painfully. Either way is a bad outcome that can be avoided by carefully measuring your Bulldog and comparing their size to the sizing chart of each brand. Do not assume that just because your Bulldog is a size medium in one brand they will then be a medium in all brands, this is not true and can result in the wrong size of harness.
Having an adjustable dog harness for your Bulldog is always a good idea. Most harnesses have a bit of wiggle room and with an adjustable harness you can tighten or loosen it as needed for your Bulldog’s comfort. Always remember to keep a finger or two of space between the harness and your Bulldog’s skin to ensure a nice and snug fit without it being too tight.
No Pull/No Choke
If your Bulldog is excitable or just beginning their leash training, this is an excellent feature to have. The vest area of the harness is generally designed to be pulled away from your Bulldog’s throat, thus reducing the risk of choking from pulling. Another common feature among these harnesses is a vest that evenly distributes the weight from pulling across your dog’s chest. By evenly shifting the weight it reduces the risk of choking.
Having a reflective harness for your Bulldog is a nice feature, but not vital. Reflective material is made to catch the light of car beams and bounce them back to the drivers, announcing your presence to them and making your night walks safer for you and your Bulldog. While the effect still works in the day it isn’t as drastic.
Padded Control Handle
Many harnesses have control handles on the back for easier training or for more control in crowds. If your Bulldog loves trying to greet the people you pass on the street but you don’t want them doing this then having a control handle is nice. Another feature to look for in a control handle, is that it is padded. Hours of training with an uncomfortable handle can murder your hand, so it is better to choose one with a comfy handle.
- Best Leash for Dogs that Pull
- Best Dog Harness
- Best Dog Muzzle
- Best Dog Activity Monitor
- Best Dog Bike Trailer
- Best Dog Stroller
- Best Dog Training Collar
- Best Dog Leash for Running
- Best Dog Food for Bulldogs
- Best Dog Crate for Bulldogs
- Best Dog Bed for Bulldogs
- Best Dog Brush for Bulldogs
- Best Dog Toys for Bulldogs
- Best Dog Collar for Bulldogs
- Best Dog Muzzle for Bulldogs
- Best Dog Shampoo for Bulldogs
- Best Puppy Food for Bulldogs