Are you looking for a harness for your Bullmastiff but you can’t decide which one among the many on the market would meet all of your needs? Have no fear, that is what this article was made for, to help people such as yourself find the perfect harness for their Bullmastiffs. Something to keep in mind when choosing a harness is that the Bullmastiff breed is well known for being difficult to train and this means you will want a sturdy harness that will make the training easier on you. Below are the top five recommended dog harnesses for Bullmastiffs with short item descriptions to explain why each product made this list. At the end of the article is a buying guide with extra information about the various harness features you may want for your Bullmastiff.
Best Dog Harnesses for Bullmastiffs
Here are our Bullmastiff dog harness reviews.
The Rabbitgoo No Pull Harness is made for dogs such as your Bullmastiff who are difficult to train as the no pull feature helps keep them at your side. The adjustable harness allows you to decide how snug or loose it should fit on your Bullmastiff. The reflective material interwoven makes night and day walks safer for you both.
- No pull design is made for difficult or stubborn breeds like the Bullmastiff
- Adjustable straps make the harness form fitting
- Reflective material is great for safer night walks
The Kurgo Front Lead Dog Harness is designed with two options for training your Bullmastiff to walk at your side. The seat belt attachment makes on the go traveling with your Bullmastiff easier on you. The buckles are designed to be easy to clip on and off, just set it to your Bullmastiff’s size and it is ready whenever you are.
- Front leading D ring and one on the back for multiple options for training
- Seat belt attachment is included for your Bullmastiff’s travel needs
- Buckles are easy on and off for a quick time getting ready
The Expawlorer Padded Dog Harness is made for your Bullmastiff’s sensitive skin, the padding prevents painful rubbing against their sides. The reflective material interwoven is great for better visibility during night walks. The no pull design is a must have for your Bullmastiff who is still in training and stubbornly doesn’t want to listen.
- Padding inside for less chafing and rubbing
- Reflective material makes night walks safer and you more visible
- No pull design is great for stubborn breeds like the Bullmastiff
The Blueberry Pet Nylon Dog Harness is made with only the best materials to ensure a long lasting harness for your Bullmastiff. The reflective material is great for safer night walks and makes you more visible to passing cars. The neoprene padding on the inside is great for your Bullmastiff’s sensitive skin and prevents chafing.
- Materials are all high quality for a long lasting harness
- Reflective materials make you more visible at night
- Neoprene padding is always nice for dogs like the Bullmastiff who have sensitive skin
The Dean & Tyler Easy On and Off Dog Harness is made for your on the go traveling needs, just set the size of the harness and your Bullmastiff is ready to go whenever you are. The control handle on the back makes training your stubborn Bullmastiff easier on you, especially in crowds. The harness is made from only the best materials to ensure a long lasting and durable harness for your Bullmastiff.
- Easy on and off design makes traveling easy with your Bullmastiff
- Control handle on the back is great for crowd training
- With only the best materials, this harness is made to last
Bullmastiff Dog Harness Buying Guide
As you can see from the above products there are many different harnesses for your Bullmastiff that would work for all of your training needs. Before you buy a harness you should measure your Bullmastiff and compare that measurement to the brand’s sizing guide to ensure a well fitting harness. It is important that your Bullmastiff’s harness fits well because if it is too snug then it will chafe painfully but if it is too loose then they can slide right out of it. You should be able to slip a finger between the harness and your Bullmastiff’s skin for the best fit. Now we will continue on to the most popular features of harness that you may want for your Bullmastiff.
Having interior padding on your Bullmastiff’s harness can be a great asset for their comfort. While this particular feature doesn’t help you with training, it does make your Bullmastiff more comfortable. Usually this padding is made from Oxford, Mesh or Neoprene fabrics to ensure a soft to the touch but durable harness. Oxford is durable but less comfortable, mesh is great for breathability on hot days, and neoprene is both sturdy and soft to the touch but it tends to be more expensive.
Step In Design
Does your Bullmastiff give you trouble when you go to equip his harness on him? Their sheer bulk works in their advantage as they wiggle away while you try to put the buckles and straps into place. The dog product industry has seen your struggle and has made a solution for it. The step in design allows you to easily get your Bullmastiff ready for walks, just slide their front feet into the harness and gently pull it up. No more hassle before going on walks!
No Choke/No Pull
This is the single best feature for your Bullmastiff who doesn’t behave themselves on walks and likes to pull away from you. The no choke and no pull design gently corrects your Bullmastiff when they try to wander off while walking, tugging them back to your side. This is a great feature as it also prevents choking, which may happen quite a lot if your Bullmastiff is as stubborn as the breed is known for.
Easy Control Handle
An easy control handle on the back of your Bullmastiff’s harness can make a world of difference in their training. This handle should be padded for the comfort of your hand and durable enough to last for training with your Bullmastiff. Whether you are crowd training or just want extra control of your Bullmastiff, this handle will make it easier on you.
- Best Leash for Dogs that Pull
- Best Dog Harness
- Best Dog Muzzle
- Best Dog Activity Monitor
- Best Dog Bike Trailer
- Best Dog Stroller
- Best Dog Training Collar
- Best Dog Leash for Running
- Best Dog Food for Bullmastiffs
- Best Puppy Food for Bullmastiffs
- Best Dog Crate for Bullmastiffs
- Best Dog Bed for Bullmastiffs
- Best Dog Brush for Bullmastiffs
- Best Dog Toys for Bullmastiffs
- Best Dog Collar for Bullmastiffs
- Best Dog Muzzle for Bullmastiffs
- Best Dog Shampoo for Bullmastiffs
- Best Training Book for Bullmastiffs