Best Dog Harness for Finnish Spitz
Here are our dog harness for Finnish Spitz reviews.
The Bolux Dog Harness is an adjustable pet vest with an added support handle for extra control. This lightweight harness is breathable and comfortable for everyday walks with your Finnish Spitz.
- No-pull option prevents tugging and choking
- Reflective straps for improved visibility
- Available in a variety of colors and patterns
The Mighty Paw Dog Sport Harness is a great choice for your active Finkie, as it provides comfortable neoprene padding on the chest and back for hikes, adventures or long walks. This completely adjustable harness goes on around the neck instead of over the head.
- Reflective safety stitching
- Two leash clips for front or rear attachment
- Easy grip handle for extra control
The Kurgo Tru-Fit Smart Harness has both front and back leash clips for versatility on your daily walks. This durable, padded, fully adjustable harness has quick release buckles and is safe and comfortable for your Finnish Spitz.
- Five adjustment points for perfect fit
- Includes dog seat belt tether
- Available in four colors
The Rabbitgoo Dog Harness is perfect for training your Finnish Spitz not to pull, thanks to its front leash clip and rear control handle. This very popular harness also has a rear clip for more leisurely walks or hikes.
- Soft padded panels for comfort
- 3M reflective strips
- Four adjustment points for customized fit
The Embark Adventure Dog Harness is a great choice for your adventurous Finnish Spitz. This sporty harness is easily adjustable and slips over your pup’s head for easy and efficient daily wear.
- Lightweight materials with reflective trim
- Front and back leash attachments with control handle
- Designed to protect the trachea and neck from injury
Dog Harness for Finnish Spitz Buyer’s Guide
You can’t blame your Finnish Spitz for chasing squirrels and other animals on the trail, since that what he was bred to do for centuries. But that doesn’t mean your daily walks should be something you have to endure. An enjoyable walk is just a matter of having a great harness and doing some simple pull training. Because this is a breed that tends to pull and lunge, a harness is recommended over a collar alone on walks, due to the risk of injury to the neck and trachea. Depending on the brand, you will need either a small or medium harness. Always measure your pup properly and follow the manufacturer’s recommendations for size and weight.
Our buying guide reviews the best dog harnesses for your Finnish Spitz on the market so you can choose the right harness for your dog. The following features should be considered and will help you to choose which features you need on a harness for your Finnish Spitz.
Leash Clip Attachments
Choosing a harness with two leash clip attachments is important, especially when you are just starting your Finkie out on a harness. When you attach your leash to the front clip and your Finnish Spitz pulls forward, it redirects him to one side, not allowing him to go in the direction he wants. Over time, this no-pull training is effective and prevents him from lunging. The back-clip harness will give you less control, but once trained, your Finnish Spitz will enjoy the freedom to move forward as he pleases. If your Finnish Spitz is used to walking with a harness, or doesn’t need any additional training, a harness with only a back leash is sufficient for your pup.
Materials and Usage
Depending on what you will be doing with your Finnish Spitz, it might be a good idea to get a couple harnesses for your different adventures. Because of his dense coat, a lighter and sportier option is a good idea for the summer months. A wider vest-style harness is also a great choice, provided it is made from a lightweight nylon mesh with excellent ventilation and breathability. Simple strapped harness are good year round, but be sure you choose one with neoprene padding for comfort and to protect your Finkie’s beautiful coat. Heavy-duty webbed nylon is the most common material for harnesses, because it is lightweight and easy to clean. D-rings and leash attachments should be metal or double-looped nylon to withstand pulling, while buckles can be plastic or metal and of high quality for extended use.
- Best Leash for Dogs that Pull
- Best Dog Harness
- Best Dog Muzzle
- Best Dog Activity Monitor
- Best Dog Bike Trailer
- Best Dog Stroller
- Best Dog Training Collar
- Best Dog Leash for Running
- Best Dog Food for Finnish Spitz
- Best Puppy Food for Finnish Spitz
- Best Dog Crate for Finnish Spitz
- Best Dog Bed for Finnish Spitz
- Best Dog Brush for Finnish Spitz
- Best Dog Toys for Finnish Spitz
- Best Dog Collar for Finnish Spitz
- Best Dog Muzzle for Finnish Spitz
- Best Dog Shampoo for Finnish Spitz
- Best Training Book for Finnish Spitz