Do you own a German Shepherd and are looking for a harness for them? It doesn’t matter if you need it for business, tactical or just for fun outings the dog product industry has what you need. Before you buy any harness it is vitally important that you measure your German Shepherd to be sure of an accurate fit, to avoid buying a product that your German Shepherd can’t use.
Below I have compiled the top five recommended dog harnesses for German Shepherds and each product will have a short summary explaining why you should buy it. At the bottom of the article will be a buying guide with extra information about the various types of dog harnesses on the market.
Best Dog Harnesses for German Shepherds
Here are our German Shepherd dog harness reviews.
The Rabbitgoo Dog Harness is made for your German Shepherd’s comfort while still being durable enough to survive the years. The harness is made to be no pull, to reduce the risk of choking your excitable German Shepherd. It is also made with reflective material to make night walks safer for the both of you.
- Made for comfort and durability, best materials are used
- Pull resistant to lower risk of choking in your dog
- Reflective material is used for safer night walks
The BABYLTRL Dog Harness is made to be adjustable, giving it as close to a custom fit on your German Shepherd as possible. It is made of oxford material for durability and strength, making it last years of use without replacement. There is reflective material interwoven to ensure safer night walks.
- Adjustable to fit any breed or oddly sized large dog
- Oxford material is comfortable to your German Shepherd
- Reflective material makes night and day walks safer
The ICEFANG Tactical Dog Harness is made for all of your battle or durability needs, with tough material that won’t chafe your German Shepherd’s skin. With a no pulling front slip, this vest is great for training your canine. If your German Shepherd is a houdini this harness is for you.
- Made for anything you need it for, durable but comfy
- Front clip makes for a no pulling harness
- Escape proof for even the most determined German Shepherds
The Juxzh Dog Harness is made with two leash attachments and a handle on the back for better control over your German Shepherd while out on walks. The reflective material interwoven makes for a safer night walk. The vest is made of light weight mesh to give your German Shepherd a breathable harness for hot days.
- Two leash attachments and handle make for great training harness
- Reflective material gives you added safety on night or day walks
- Light weight mesh is breathable for summer days
The EXPAWLORER Dog Harness is made with the softest but most durable material for your German Shepherd’s comfort. With reflective material interwoven, this harness is perfect for added safety on night walks. It has a handle and heavy duty D ring on the front for multiple points of control.
- Soft, but durable harness for your German Shepherd
- Reflective material is perfect for safer night walks
- Has multiple ways to control your German Shepherd
German Shepherd Dog Harness Buyer’s Guide
Now that you’ve seen some of the options available to you, you have a better idea of what kinds of features are there to choose from. I will now explain further why you should always measure your dog for the correct sizing before going into the variety of features for German Shepherd dog harnesses on the market. When a harness or vest is too small it can rub painfully against your German Shepherd’s skin, which causes other problems down the line. Each product could have their own sizing methods so be sure to read through their sizing chart before purchasing.
If your German Shepherd’s harness has reflective material on it then it is safer for both of you during your walks. The light from car headlights will bounce off the material and alert drivers that you are there. While it does work in the daytime, it has a more drastic effect at night.
Adjustable is a nice feature for a harness, especially for German Shepherds who usually have boxier chest areas. Adjustable gives your dog the closest to a customer fit harness that they can get. This reduces rubbing and chaffing by a lot, if sized correctly.
Having a handle on a German Shepherd’s harness isn’t vital or even necessary to some people. If you are training your dog or just want to have a better grip in crowds, then this handle is nice. Another reason to have it would be if you need the harness for tactical reasons.
Having a harness made of light weight material, such as mesh, is a perfect feature on your German Shepherd. If you live in a hot or humid area, the mesh allows for breathability and lessens the chance of your dog getting heat sick.
Many German Shepherds are masterminds when it comes to getting out of clothing, but the escape proof renders that a mute point. Whether it is because the neck is designed differently, or the vest is almost custom fitting these harnesses stop escape attempts in their tracks.
No Pull/No Choke
If your German Shepherd is excitable and loves to pull on their leash, which inevitably chokes them, this is an excellent feature for you. It gently guides them to be at your side, where they should be, while stopping themselves from choking painfully. Great for both you and your German Shepherd!
- Best Leash for Dogs that Pull
- Best Dog Harness
- Best Dog Muzzle
- Best Dog Activity Monitor
- Best Dog Bike Trailer
- Best Dog Stroller
- Best Dog Training Collar
- Best Dog Leash for Running
- Best Dog Food for German Shepherds
- Best Dog Shampoo for German Shepherds
- Best Dog Bed for German Shepherds
- Best Dog Brush for German Shepherds
- Best Dog Toys for German Shepherds
- Best Dog Crates for German Shepherds
- Best Dog Collar for German Shepherds
- Best Dog Muzzle for German Shepherds