Named after a Scottish aristocrat, the Gordon Setters are efficient bird dogs and a member of the sporting group. Their ancestral genes prompt them to run to satisfy their physical needs. They are compatible with apartment living but only when provided with a fair amount of physical activity, be it walking, jogging, or trekking. Gordon Setters are likely to be stubborn, but at the same time, they live to please their owners.
You might require a dog harness to control their movement at public places to keep it and others safe, especially at the early stages of training. Considering your doubts regarding your Gordon Setter’s comfort and safety related to the harness, specifically when attached to the leash, here are some top-notch dog harnesses, which you can use on your Gordon Setter.
Best Dog Harness for Gordon Setters
Here are our dog harnesses for Gordon Setter reviews.
1. PetSafe Easy Walk Dog Harness
The PetSafe Easy Walk Dog Harness ensures that your tough puller Gordon doesn’t get choked with the help of its leash attachment. It discourages pulling to the maximum extent, and the front clip design is the most appropriate option. The dual colored straps make it easy for you to put in on your Gordon Setter.
- Quick-release buckle for your comfort.
- Martingale loop at the chest with adjustable straps for a custom fit.
- Does not put a strain on their throat.
2. Sporn Mesh No Pull Dog Harness
Curb excessive pulling of your moderate or tough pullers with Sporn Mesh No Pull Dog Harness. Designed to bestow your Gordon Setter with style, comfort, and safety, this harness is a perfect option for your Gordon Setter. Further, the ergonomic construction of the harness makes it easier for you to put it on and off.
- Veterinarian approved design.
- Padded sleeves for better comfort.
- This durable harness is made with a very good quality of nylon.
3. HDP Big Dog No Pull Dog Harness
Designed explicitly for large-sized tough pullers, the HDP Big Dog No Pull Dog Harness is a safe and comfortable choice for your Gordon, especially for the untrained ones. This gentle and no choke design ensures your Gordon Setter’s safety as it redistributes the pressure throughout your pet’s chest and shoulder rather than one spot.
- Durable D-ring for leash attachment.
- Inbuilt handle for quick control over your Gordon Setter.
- Broader and padded straps for enhanced comfort.
4. Frisco Padded Nylon No Pull Dog Harness
Get secure as well as comfortable training equipment for your Gordon Setter with Frisco Padded Nylon No Pull Dog Harness. While the nylon webbing makes it secure and durable, the mesh webbing increases the breathability for added comfort. The O-ring attached in the front discourages pulling to the maximum extent and hence, increases its efficiency.
- Overhead design with two quick-release buckles makes it easy for the owners to put it on and off their stubborn pet.
- Additional D-ring at the back to customize the harness according to the comfort of your Gordon Setter.
- Adjustable shoulder and belly straps for a better fit.
5. OneTigris Tactical Vest Nylon Front Clip Dog Harness
The top quality nylon material of the OneTigris Tactical Vest Nylon Front Clip Dog Harness makes it a durable and versatile option for your Gordon. Further, the lightweight and water-resistant material ensures the comfort of your Gordon Setter. It comes with various pouches to carry your pet’s favorites, and panels to attach badges and ID tags for a personalized design.
- The adjustable straps are there on the chest area to ensure that your pet doesn’t slip out of it.
- Get a free OneTigris patch with the harness.
- Front-clip design makes it more efficient and secure.
Dog Harnesses For Gordon Setter Buyer’s Guide
The quick learning highlanders, the Gordon Setters, are not as difficult to train. However, they can be stubborn at times, and you may not pull up to their high energy level. Under such circumstances, you might require the help of a leash. When the leash is attached to the collar, it can choke tough pullers and cause them to lose excessive fur around the neck. Therefore, dog harnesses are, without a doubt, the most secure option to attach the leash. The following lines offer you a perfect buying guide for selecting a particular harness.
Selecting a secure and efficient dog harness is more important than selecting an inexpensive one. Although a dog harness won’t cost your arm and a leg, it is better not to compromise with the quality to cut the cost. Instead, you can avail of the discounts to fit it into your budget.
Pulling control harness: With maximum pulling control, the no-pull harness is efficient and secure training equipment for your younger as well as older pets. It has front or back clips for leash attachments. One with broader and cushioned straps are best out of all. This item does not strain their trachea and redistributes the pressure along their chest and back.
Front clipped harness: We highly recommend this particular harness for your Gordon Setter, especially if it is a strong puller. As dogs follow their head, the front clipped one allows maximum control over their movement. It is also the most secure option as the pressure is distributed along the back and not over the trachea or the chest.
Back clipped harness: This is not the best option for your Gordon Setter. It puts pressure along the chest as the leash attachment is on the backside, leading to choking. Another disadvantage of a back clip harness is that it cannot efficiently control your Gordon Setter’s movement and your Gordon can drag you along with it.
The size of the harness determines a lot of aspects, from its efficiency to your Gordon Setter’s safety. Your Gordon Setter may feel suffocated with a small-sized harness, while they can slip out of without any doubt from a large-size. While most of the harnesses come with adjustable straps for a custom fit, it is still important to measure your Gordon Setter before starting your purchase.
Various features in the harness ensure the safety of your Gordon Setter. Be it the size of the harness, its material, or the placement of leash attachment over it, any negligence towards them may compromise with the safety of your Gordon Setter. We suggest you opt for a nylon or mesh-based harness with front-clip leash attachment for maximum security.
From reflective straps to the ergonomic handle, additional features are meant to enhance the comfort as well as the security of your Gordon Setter. The reflective nylon straps and attached LED lights to increase visibility during night time strolls and ensure that your Gordon Setter doesn’t get lost. The handles provide quick control access. Some dog harnesses are even engineered for car safety with seat belt attachments.
- Best Leash for Dogs that Pull
- Best Dog Harness
- Best Dog Muzzle
- Best Dog Activity Monitor
- Best Dog Bike Trailer
- Best Dog Stroller
- Best Dog Training Collar
- Best Dog Leash for Running
- Best Dog Food for Gordon Setters
- Best Puppy Food for Gordon Setters
- Best Dog Crate for Gordon Setters
- Best Dog Bed for Gordon Setters
- Best Dog Brush for Gordon Setters
- Best Dog Toys for Gordon Setters
- Best Dog Collar for Gordon Setters
- Best Dog Muzzle for Gordon Setters
- Best Dog Shampoo for Gordon Setters
- Best Training Book for Gordon Setters